Join Our Community

Get full access to all the discussions. Discover the best and worst companies. Get support from professional mystery shoppers. Join Our Community Now.

Member Introductions

Excel Spreadsheet for mystery shoppers
Saliann777
Posts:1
Hi! I am new to this mystery shoppers forum, but I have been dong mystery shopping forb several months and enjoy it. I, too, would like to get a copy of Flash's Excel worksheet for organizing everything in a more efficient way.
January 13, 2011 11:14PM
#

More About Excel & Spreadsheets


Flash
Posts:17,461
PM me your email and I would be pleased to send along an Excel file to get you started.
January 14, 2011 01:48AM
#

alde32
Posts:6
Hi Flash, can you send me the spread also? Much appreciated
January 22, 2011 12:29AM
#

cindystith
Posts:3
Hey Flash! Hook up a gal from Miami! smiling smiley
January 25, 2011 11:56AM
#

Flash
Posts:17,461
Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PM me your email and I would be pleased to send
> along an Excel file to get you started.
January 25, 2011 03:20PM
#

alde32
Posts:6
What does PM mean? How do I e-mail you individually?
January 25, 2011 09:02PM
#

Flash
Posts:17,461
Private Message. Click on my name in blue and a screen will open which will allow you to send me a message privately through the board.
January 25, 2011 09:59PM
#

invmaine
Posts:3
Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PM me your email and I would be pleased to send
> along an Excel file to get you started.


FLASH WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO SEND ME THAT SPREADSHEET YOU HAVE? THANK YOU!!!
May 16, 2011 03:50PM
#

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Mine is on the way too please and thank you! What a blessing. I just love being organized. lol
May 17, 2011 05:56AM
#

rvrmnt
Posts:13
Hi Flash. I have an Excel Spreadsheet template that I have used for years. I created it myself based on the kinds of shops I do. I would like to see yours also, and compare it to mine.
May 31, 2011 05:36PM
#

jobryant
Posts:3
Hi Flash;

Being new to this arena, I think the spreadsheet would help me track my progress immensely! Can I get a copy? My email address is mojo101057@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Mojo
June 05, 2011 05:56PM
#

sksweeps
Posts:2
Hi Flash,

I'm just starting too and was about to try to set up my own Excel spreadsheet. I'd love a copy of yours. Thanks! email: sksweeps@earthlink.net

Thanks!

Suzanne
June 06, 2011 12:12AM
#

Being organized is not as exciting as going "seat of the pants" and see what pops up.

Actually I do a "cheat Sheet" and carry my trusty digital recorder. That is about as organized as I get!
June 06, 2011 10:34PM
#

Flash
Posts:17,461
That must make it a whole lot of laughs at tax time :-)
June 06, 2011 11:30PM
#

ShopLove007
Posts:1
Hi, new here! Great information on this MSF! I am shopping for the first time as a MS and I feel that after only one month and 25 jobs later, I need to be better organized. Does anyone know of any software out there which I can download and use to keep track of my shopping?
Help!
Thanks, Lizzie
June 27, 2011 09:48PM
#

zester
Posts:1
Could I get a copy of the spreadsheet please?

Thanks
December 29, 2012 04:45PM
#

AndrewTX
Posts:452
zester,

Flash has been otherwise occupied lately. However, if you PM me I could share what she sends out with you.

I've made a few modifications to track expenses, net profit, and tithe paid / owed.

AndrewTX
Certifiable
December 30, 2012 10:53AM
#

gxgng56046
Posts:1
Hi There,
Please can you send me a copy of excel to0.
Thanks Kindly,
Sharon S. sharonshaw20@yahoo.co.uk
December 30, 2012 02:54PM
#

AndrewTX
Posts:452
Here's a public link to Flash's spreadsheet in my dropbox.

I trust I'm not violating Flash's trust as she happily emailed this to all who asked.

[dl.dropbox.com]

AndrewTX
Certifiable
December 30, 2012 03:40PM
#

AustinMom
Posts:7,762
Good job, Andrew! You win the prize for the Super Shopper of the Day! (except the prize is just adoration from the rest of us....)
December 30, 2012 04:06PM
#

AndrewTX
Posts:452
AustinMom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good job, Andrew! You win the prize for the Super
> Shopper of the Day! (except the prize is just
> adoration from the rest of us....)

Thanks! I'm honored!

AndrewTX
Certifiable
December 31, 2012 12:25AM
#

gr8mystrysh0p
Posts:3
Flash,

Is it true? Does such a spreadsheet exist as they say. Enough dramatics, seriously why has not ANYONE develped software for the shopper?

BYW, you still handing out copies of your sheet? Would love to get my hands on one.

Thanks
February 14, 2013 12:56AM
#

readytoworknow
Posts:24
AndrewTX Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's a public link to Flash's spreadsheet in my
> dropbox.
>
> I trust I'm not violating Flash's trust as she
> happily emailed this to all who asked.
>
> [dl.dropbox.com]
> e%20Shopping%20Sheet.xls


Thanks Andrew, if there has been 'any' updating could u pass on the suggestions or formatting? Thanks~

"For whatever a man sows that will he also reap"
February 14, 2013 02:29AM
#

AndrewTX
Posts:452
readytoworknow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Andrew, if there has been 'any' updating
> could u pass on the suggestions or formatting?
> Thanks~

Here's a short list of the minor mods I've made to simplify and suit my own needs:
-I got rid of the bonus column and include it in with the fees as I don't see any advantage in differentiating between the two.
-I added a simple formula to the expense column to automatically equal what I enter in the reimbursement column by default. It saves me an extra step on full reimbursement shops.
-I added a formula to the "unreimbursed expenses" column to automatically calculate expense - reimbursement. I manually change this field if that formula doesn't properly reflect the unreimbursed expenses of a particular shop.
-I've narrowed the dates (start,due,complete,report) down to two (due,complete).
-I don't use the address column, but I do record location under "client name" (ex. Exxon #12345, Anytown, Main St.)
-I've deleted the "invoice required" and "invoice date" fields.
-I've created a "net profit" field above "date paid" in the top row to track profit after expenses (mileage not calculated in expenses).
-I've created "tithe due", "tithe paid" and "tithe date" columns. I tithe based on the net profit formula.

I don't claim that any of these mods are "improvements" over Flash's excellent template (for which I am eternally grateful). The changes are simply things that help ME, in how I do MS'ing, reporting, record keeping, and giving.

AndrewTX
Certifiable
February 15, 2013 11:15AM
#

readytoworknow
Posts:24
AndrewTX Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> readytoworknow Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thanks Andrew, if there has been 'any' updating
> > could u pass on the suggestions or formatting?
> > Thanks~
>
> Here's a short list of the minor mods I've made to
> simplify and suit my own needs:
> -I got rid of the bonus column and include it in
> with the fees as I don't see any advantage in
> differentiating between the two.
> -I added a simple formula to the expense column to
> automatically equal what I enter in the
> reimbursement column by default. It saves me an
> extra step on full reimbursement shops.
> -I added a formula to the "unreimbursed expenses"
> column to automatically calculate expense -
> reimbursement. I manually change this field if
> that formula doesn't properly reflect the
> unreimbursed expenses of a particular shop.
> -I've narrowed the dates
> (start,due,complete,report) down to two
> (due,complete).
> -I don't use the address column, but I do record
> location under "client name" (ex. Exxon #12345,
> Anytown, Main St.)
> -I've deleted the "invoice required" and "invoice
> date" fields.
> -I've created a "net profit" field above "date
> paid" in the top row to track profit after
> expenses (mileage not calculated in expenses).
> -I've created "tithe due", "tithe paid" and "tithe
> date" columns. I tithe based on the net profit
> formula.
>
> I don't claim that any of these mods are
> "improvements" over Flash's excellent template
> (for which I am eternally grateful). The changes
> are simply things that help ME, in how I do
> MS'ing, reporting, record keeping, and giving.

Again, thanks so much for your support!!

"For whatever a man sows that will he also reap"
February 17, 2013 05:29AM
#

Threekids3
Posts:4
@AndrewTx
I downloaded your spreadsheet thanks for this information as I did my first shop the other day and only recorded a few of the items you listed. didn't even think about mileage. this question may sound crazy but what's the difference between bonus and fee. I understand reimbursements. thanks
February 17, 2013 09:55AM
#

LisaSTL
Posts:12,921
Fee is the regular base for an assignment. Bonus is anything additional.

*****************************************************************
"Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket." – Captain Jack Sparrow
*********************************************************************
"I don't drink these days. I am allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. - Robert Downey, Jr.
February 17, 2013 10:06AM
#

AndrewTX
Posts:452
I've eliminated the bonus column on mine and just lump it in with the fee since they are the same thing for tax and income purposes.

AndrewTX
Certifiable
February 17, 2013 05:12PM
#

pty_dude08
Posts:4
To answer gr8mystrysh0p, there is a site that offers a system to track your shops, mileage, schedules, payments etc. They have a free version, standard, and premium.
I just came across this today and it might be something that could interest you.

www.myshoptracker.com
March 01, 2013 10:21PM
#

candyfeighert67
Posts:2
I would like a copy also if someone could tell me how to get it ty
candas
March 05, 2013 10:55PM
#
Page 1 of 2    Pages: 12Next
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login