Join Our Community

Get full access to all the discussions. Discover the best and worst companies. Get support from professional mystery shoppers. Join Our Community Now.

Mystery Shopping Company Discussion

Summit Scheduling
Posts:75
I had an issue with a scheduler for Summit Scheduling who was scheduling amusement parks for Confero. I asked for a specific date, and got an email saying it was mine. So far so good. It was weeks away, so I just put it in my calendar. A few weeks goes by, and then I get an email, saying I never got back to him on the date I wanted, so he assigned it to someone else, and I could pick another date. I did not bother, since he gave the job he had already assigned to me to someone else, for some unknown reason. I even sent him his email to me confirming the date.

I did not take another date. Too pissed off at picking a day, having it assigned, and then taken away for whatever reason.

I'm pretty sure this has never happened before. Is Summit Scheduling just a flakey company and one to avoid?
August 01, 2013 04:03PM
#

More Discussions About Summit Scheduling and Editing

(All Companies)

More About Schedulers


Posts:2,939
I get along great with them and never had a problem. I found them easy to talk with and they've always replied to my emails etc.
August 01, 2013 04:21PM
#

Posts:540
Summit Scheduling is a great company to deal with IMHO. I haven't had any issues with the schedulers I have worked with. As in all scheduling departments and companies, you have the oopsies that aren't on the ball. But Summit is definitely a great company.
August 01, 2013 07:07PM
#

Posts:623
smiling smiley



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2013 11:53PM by CAscotch.
August 01, 2013 07:08PM
#

Posts:1,896
Why not do something constructive and contact the owner in a calm manner to discuss the matter?
August 01, 2013 11:14PM
#

Posts:9,427
I've not found them to be flaky. The owner reads and posts here on the forum as Summit Scheduling. You might PM her or e-mail her at Judith@summitscheduling.com

She could probably figure out exactly what the problem was, whether it was a scheduler error or a missed step in confirming the shop after it was assigned.
August 02, 2013 09:36AM
#

Posts:1,485
CAscotch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After being assigned a shop, we usually have to
> confirm. Did you confirm with the scheduler?


I do lots of shops that don't require confirmation after being accepted including two for Summit Scheduling in the next few days.

Liz
August 02, 2013 11:13AM
#

Posts:75
I never got a message saying I needed to confirm. The message from the scheduler was: "It's all yours. I will schedule you in a bit". Obviously, he never went thru and did it. Unless you are told to confirm, there is no way to know it needs to be done. His email said nothing. Usually when a confirmation is required, as it sometimes is, they tell you in their email.
August 05, 2013 09:44AM
#

Posts:1,896
ceil01 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had an issue with a scheduler for Summit
> Scheduling who was scheduling amusement parks for
> Confero. I asked for a specific date, and got an
> email saying it was mine. So far so good. It was
> weeks away, so I just put it in my calendar. A
> few weeks goes by, and then I get an email, saying
> I never got back to him on the date I wanted, so
> he assigned it to someone else, and I could pick
> another date. I did not bother, since he gave the
> job he had already assigned to me to someone else,
> for some unknown reason. I even sent him his
> email to me confirming the date.
>
> I did not take another date. Too pissed off at
> picking a day, having it assigned, and then taken
> away for whatever reason.

>
> I'm pretty sure this has never happened before.
> Is Summit Scheduling just a flakey company and one
> to avoid?
August 05, 2013 09:56AM
#

Posts:1,896
ceil01 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never got a message saying I needed to confirm.
> The message from the scheduler was: "It's all
> yours. I will schedule you in a bit". Obviously,
> he never went thru and did it.
Unless you are
> told to confirm, there is no way to know it needs
> to be done. His email said nothing. Usually
> when a confirmation is required, as it sometimes
> is, they tell you in their email.
August 05, 2013 10:00AM
#

Posts:79
Summit Scheduling works with Confero, which stands alone the Mystery Shop Industry as a heartless, soulless terrible MSC to be avoided at all costs. I highly caution all who read this post to steer clear of the Confero / Inferno people and their hired lap Dogs.....Summit Scheduling.

Last year when my foot became badly infected (I have neuropathy and did not even realize it until too late) and I was ordered by my Doctor to next day emergency surgery to save my leg every single one of my more than 80+ mystery shop companies worked with me EXCEPT Confero. (For more information including photos and proof of my very reasonable and unanswered e-mails and the proof of the call from my hospital bed please e-mail me at BigEdBSA@gmail.com).

Last AugustI was literally on a hospital bed in pre-op calling calling each of my MSC to inform them of my surgery and all were concerned for my health and happy to work with me - cancelling my upcoming scheduled shops. I called Directory Assistance (still have the e-mail receipt where I called to get their Cary NC number) but the Secretary at Confero told me they have nothing to do with scheduling and if I needed to cancel a job I would need to contact my Summit Scheduler via e-mail. Here I am about to head into surgery, I was lucky to still have my cell phone which was almost out of power Sorry but patients don't generally have a lap top with them and I tried to explain this to Elaine Buxton's idiot secretary to no avail.

After surgery where I lost half of my foot I had a month in the hospital plus three months of rehabilitation. As soon as I had my lap top I called and e-mailed Confero and Summit Scheduling. SIXTEEN TIMES.....nothing, not a word, no reply from Celeste Borden at Summit Scheduling.

When I was finally approved to return to Mystery Shopping every MSC welcomed me back EXCEPT CONFERO. I made more efforts to contact them, finally reaching Rob Barry, one of their hot shot account executives, who said there was nothing he could do. It was noted to me that I was still active in their system and they could use me on projects other than their big Grocery Store account. So three months later when I finally saw some local burger joint shops I requested those via Summit Scheduling's Celeste Borden yet all of my requests were rejected and again NO COMMUNICATION.

That is when I went on this wonderful forum and exposed Elaine Buxton (their debutante C.E.O) for the heartless soulless person she is. A company that did not give a damn if I lived or died, one that was not willing to, under these extraordinary circumstances, relay a simple message to Summit Scheduling that I was not going to be able to visit some grocery store shops later that week because I was getting my foot sawed off in Asheville NC at St. Joseph's Hospital.

Confero said I would be able to do other shops from them, I actually believed them until it became clear they were never going to approve me for another shop for any of their clients. That is when I dropped the Mystery Shopper Forum atom bomb on Elaine's head (and guess what Elaine....I will never stop telling anyone and everyone I meet at IMSC and MPSA conferences about YOU!)

At first I worked quietly for months to try restore my relationship with them, even sending them photos of what happened to my foot before and after surgery to no avail with very reasonable letters. Elaine did not reply to these. Celeste Borden failed to acknowledge or respond to 16 e-mails sent to the Confero system and directly, finally telling me on September 16th that they could not use me on the Grocery store account.

Confero did not respond at all to me until I finally got the attention of their aloof and detached C.E.O. after posting a detailed post on this forum about her company. Even then this clueless C.E.O. claims I was eligible for other projects until I posted on this forum at which time she deactivated my account on March 16th (I had just been turned down on 7 burger shop applications two weeks before, despite the false assertion that I was still eligible to work for their other accounts besides the grocery store chain).

Elaine and her associates are all hugely well paid, have 401K's health insurance, etc. I am out here driving 20 - 30 miles or more between dozens of small towns high up in the Blue Ridge & Great Smoky Mountain chains of GA, NC, & SC trying to somehow squeeze a profit from her $10 Grocery Store shops with no insurance of any kind. I am spending $190 on gas most weeks to turn a gross income (before expenses) of $350 a week. Very often I leave before noon, not getting home until after midnight 5-6 days a week (and even then I still have hours of photo processing and data entry).

Elaine was not finished with me; she event sent a message to all other MPSA companies that they should drop me. Only two of them initially did and when I went back to them and showed them all of the facts, they both reinstated my accounts. She may be a past Vice President of MPSA but it says a lot about what the other MSC think of her that so many ignored her hateful message.

Today I work with every MSC that has projects in the Southeast except one. CONFERO. It is sad because I drive right past those Grocery stores every day and I know they struggle to get these shops filled. That same Celeste Borden over at Sumitt...periodically she sends out tons of SPAM begging me to visit these stores they have not been able to get any coverage on for weeks. When I needed her most, all I got was silence, yet now Summit Scheduling thinks nothing of sending me 10 automated SPAM e-mails at a time as a shopper who works for other MSC to go to these very shops.

Well Elaine, I can play this game too so this month I am preparing to file the following complaints:

I will report Confero and Summit Scheduling for unsolicited SPAM to:
The U.S. Department of Justice @ [www.justice.gov]
The Federal Trade Commission @ [www.onguardonline.gov]

For Fraudulent Practices including non-payment I will shortly be contacting the Attorney General of North Carolina as well as the Raleigh - Durham Better Business Bureau.

I am even considering linking all of these posts with Google ads so that any time some unsuspecting mystery shopper Google's Confero the first item in the search box will be documentation about Confero's war on me. Elaine, your behavior would be enough to scare the hell out of anyone thinking of working for you!

It did not have to be this way.... I tried for months to amicably resolve these matters, begging for the chance to resume earning $10 per shop so my visits to the three dozen small mountain communities I visit in three states could include your Grocery store shops.

I am one mystery shopper, with huge unpaid medical bills, trying to survive and I thank all of those wonderful companies like MarketForce, Jancyn, BARE, Reality, Trendsource, Maritz, AboutFace, Bestmark, Beyond Hello, etc. who do work with me and stood by me. Despite Elaine's best efforts to run me out of the Mystery Shop business I am still here. I even was at the same IMSC forum in Atlanta she was and will likely run into her again this fall in Nevada.

I want to thank this forum as well, it helps level the playing field. Each Mystery Shop company has their ICA's and the MPSA, all of which are designed to protect THEM. As independent contractors we have very little in the way of recourse to fight back when a MSC goes rogue. It was almost a year ago I lost my foot and I have been back shopping now for eight months.

So Elaine....how many more years do you want to continue this war against me?

Big Ed
Mystery shopping in the Great Smokey & Blue Ridge Mountain ranges of Southern Appalachia (GA, NC, SC, & TN)
BigEdBSA@gmail.com
August 05, 2013 01:53PM
#

Posts:2,939
Ed..seems I've read your post before, possible last month or the month before. You obviously are full of anger and rightly so, but I don't understand what Summit has to do with your hatred for Confero.

I don't get it....
August 05, 2013 06:47PM
#

Posts:9,427
Ed, I'm sorry for your health problems but we've all sympathized with you when you've posted several times about this. It's time to get over it. We are all Independent Contractors and any MSC can choose at any time for any reason - or for NO reason - not to work with us. We also can choose at any time not to accept shops with any MSC for any reason and we don't have to explain why. We don't have to give notice. We are not employees.

You say "So Elaine....how many more years do you want to continue this war against me?" I don't know about Elaine, but I'm getting pretty sick of this "war" that you are waging on Confero .... and now because Summit schedules for Confero, along with other MSCs, you are waging war on Summit. It's getting old. One angry post, fine. Two angry posts, okay. But now you are writing even longer and angrier posts and cutting and pasting them in multiple places. Inappropriate. And don't insult us all by thanking the forum for providing this - this is NOT what I think the forum is for.

What would it take to end the war, Ed? They don't want you to work for them anymore. That's their right. If you want to file complaints against them with all the above agencies, that's your right. But GET.OVER.IT.

With your very flamboyant and public war waged here on the forum, I would not be surprised if many of the companies who read here refuse to use your services.
August 05, 2013 07:04PM
#

Posts:1,896
Canuck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ed..seems I've read your post before, possible
> last month or the month before. You obviously are
> full of anger and rightly so, but I don't
> understand what Summit has to do with your hatred
> for Confero.
>
> I don't get it....


From what I can tell from Ed's posts, he is angry at Summit because of Celeste, one of Summit's schedulers.

While I am sympathetic to Ed's situation (especially since I suffer from neuropathy and had been in mortal danger more than once partially because of it), I can certainly understand why he is no longer getting shops from Confero or responses from Confero or Celeste. IMO, Ed's tragic loss of half his foot was not the reason. Rather, Ed's reactions to what Confero and Celeste (Summit) did or did not do and Ed's perceptions and interpretations thereof have escalated the situation to a point of no return.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2013 07:14PM by BusyBeeBuzzBuzzBuzz.
August 05, 2013 07:13PM
#

Posts:2,939
That's what I get. They assign a shop for me with a nice bonus because I need it, then send me a confirmation email and I click the link in the email and when I get to the website, I click that I WILL do it, which I always do. Very simple. smiling smiley



ceil01 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never got a message saying I needed to confirm.
> The message from the scheduler was: "It's all
> yours. I will schedule you in a bit". Obviously,
> he never went thru and did it. Unless you are
> told to confirm, there is no way to know it needs
> to be done. His email said nothing. Usually
> when a confirmation is required, as it sometimes
> is, they tell you in their email.
August 06, 2013 01:53PM
#

Posts:3
ceil01 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had an issue with a scheduler for Summit
> Scheduling who was scheduling amusement parks for
> Confero. I asked for a specific date, and got an
> email saying it was mine. So far so good. It was
> weeks away, so I just put it in my calendar. A
> few weeks goes by, and then I get an email, saying
> I never got back to him on the date I wanted, so
> he assigned it to someone else, and I could pick
> another date. I did not bother, since he gave the
> job he had already assigned to me to someone else,
> for some unknown reason. I even sent him his
> email to me confirming the date.
>
> I did not take another date. Too pissed off at
> picking a day, having it assigned, and then taken
> away for whatever reason.
>
> I'm pretty sure this has never happened before.
> Is Summit Scheduling just a flakey company and one
> to avoid?


I'm very sorry about the confusion with your request for the amusement park shop. I do remember your email, and then the shop was assigned to another shopper who could not move their shop date. Again, very sorry about everything that happened. - Kevin
October 25, 2013 10:25PM
#

Posts:1,818
kevinsummit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > > >> > >>> I'm very sorry about the confusion with your
> request for the amusement park shop. I do
> remember your email, and then the shop was
> assigned to another shopper who could not move
> their shop date. Again, very sorry about
> everything that happened. - Kevin

If you are speaking for SS, in regards to CEIL01 complaint, then I will agree with the shopper. It did seem like you gave the shop to another shopper b/c THAT shopper could not move their shop date, when you had already assigned CEIL01. Perhaps you(KEVIN) should keep better records. The client did not changed the dates.

Plus you are getting back to the OP almost 90 days after her complaint. That is weird b/c your "con-padres" are here on the forum all the times with shops and rebuttals to our "complaints or suggestions".

Regardless of how other shoppers feel about YOU, SS, I think you may have drop the ball. angry smileyangry smiley

Is this indicative of your future actions?confused smileyconfused smiley
October 26, 2013 01:59AM
#

Posts:673
Um.... wow. That's a whole lotta drama.

I clicked on this thread because I noticed that Summit has gotten many, many for scheduling opportunities in my area and I was wondering if they were a growing as a company or if it is a regional phenomenon. There is a HUGE midwest grocery project that must have the schedulers swamped because the chain in question has stores in rural areas. They are also representing an MSP that is vying for the opportunity to shop a chain of rural hardware stores. Rural scheduling is always a challenge.

I'll just go back to my coffee and let you fight amongst yourselves. I'm taking off soon to shop one of those grocery stores...
October 26, 2013 03:54PM
#

Posts:475
I've recently had problems with one MSC and I so appreciate the fact that we are not employees and don't have to give notice. If this is at will, I no longer have the will to work with this particular MSC - who will remain nameless. I'm not here to thrash this MSC publicly, just to state how grateful I am that as an IC I can drop an MSC just like they can drop me. This ability to pick and choose MSC's to me is a big perk of being a shopper.
October 26, 2013 04:29PM
#

Posts:908
Why do people not name the MSC when they have had problems with them? I mean, no one REALLY wants to read trashtalking but they do want to read something that helps. Absolutely mindboggling if you plan not to work with the MSC anymore and certainly not helpful to anyone here who may appreciate the heads up... I'll never get it....

Silver Certified ~ Shopping all of Toronto and beyond
October 27, 2013 01:34PM
#

Posts:673
I've never dealt with Celeste for Summit Scheduling, so I can't say anything, good or bad, about her. I can say the people I have dealt with for Summit Scheduling are awesome and they are one of my favorite schedulers to get shops from. They really take care of me and are true professionals.

Dante Beck
Independent Scheduler
October 28, 2013 12:59PM
#

Posts:35
I like Summit Scheduling. They have always been professional, communicative and easy to work with. I look forward to doing more work for them in the future.
November 11, 2013 11:56AM
#
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login