Join Our Community

Get full access to all the discussions. Discover the best and worst companies. Get support from professional mystery shoppers. Join Our Community Now.

Mystery Shopping Company Discussion

Congratulations GFK!
DRJ
Posts:311
Congratulations. Due to your incessant emails, I created a rule in Outlook to automatically send everthing from your schedulers directly to the junk mail folder. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $15 dollars. Kind of defeats the purpose of sending all those emails out, eh? When you flood people's inboxes, they ignore your emails.

If you used your emails responsibly, I would not have taken this step and I would still be seeing notifications of your urgent shops. Oh well.
August 15, 2013 01:34PM
#

More Discussions About GFK Mystery Shopping

(All Companies)

bgriffin
Posts:2,332
Eh, I just ignore them. Their biggest client they always seem to have problems filling in my area. I'd do it every time they get to $15 shop fee if I could. Unfortunately they apparently have NOBODY else in my area and so I'm sitting around waiting on somebody else to shop them so I can do another.

I wanted to pay for my successes with all my defeats
August 15, 2013 03:20PM
#

Traveliz
Posts:1,426
You know you can also go into Sassie and turn off email notifications.

Liz
August 15, 2013 09:53PM
#

Eric in Tampa
Posts:522
I was just going to mention exactly what Traveliz said. Just turn off the email notifications. Why take the extra step in creating an Outlook folder to forward their emails to?

"If you B.S. the baker, you get a bun. If you B.S. that, you get none." -Fortune Cookie
August 16, 2013 06:48AM
#

DRJ
Posts:311
Eric in Tampa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was just going to mention exactly what Traveliz
> said. Just turn off the email notifications. Why
> take the extra step in creating an Outlook folder
> to forward their emails to?


I didn't actually create a folder, I just set up my email to send all emails from brooke gosden @gfk directly to the junk mail folder. I still should get emails from the company that don't come from her. She is the one that is abusing the email notification feature.
August 16, 2013 08:22AM
#

DRJ
Posts:311
My point was don't these people understand that when they flood your inbox, it causes people to turn off email notifications, send your stuff directly to junk, or just ignore you? Have they never heard the story about the little boy who called wolf?
August 16, 2013 08:24AM
#

mysteryjcl
Posts:10
I humbly admit that I have Failed the New Shopper Test. I've taken it the allowed three times. Am I screwed?
August 16, 2013 09:02AM
#

dixiewhiskey
Posts:371
Yes you are.. I applied to them and got all the questions right after hours of sitting there re-reading and yet their system said I only scored 90%. After trying three times, my account says it is deactivated. There are tons of other companies out there.. I am way to intelligent and valuable to have to take a test multiple times and told that I can't shop with that company when I have completed similar tests and shops nearly perfectly. CRI was the same thing.. their shops pay too low as well, not worth the time

Silver Certified
August 16, 2013 09:07AM
#

LisaSTL
Posts:13,002
Does CORI have a limit on the number of attempts for their tests now?

*****************************************************************
"Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket." – Captain Jack Sparrow
*********************************************************************
"I don't drink these days. I am allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. - Robert Downey, Jr.
August 16, 2013 09:13AM
#

nanabelle
Posts:1,121
don't worry, you're really not missing much by being "deactivated"...
August 16, 2013 09:30AM
#

Mert
Posts:7,938
In the future, if you're so inclined, contact the scheduler before you've failed all allowed attempts. Send your answers to her/him, and they will provide assistance.
August 16, 2013 09:36AM
#

dixiewhiskey
Posts:371
LisaSTL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does CORI have a limit on the number of attempts
> for their tests now?


No

Silver Certified



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2013 02:09PM by dixiewhiskey.
August 16, 2013 09:42AM
#

jwolpert
Posts:802
If by CRI you mean CORI their shops start out low but if you wait it out you can pick up some easy shops at a decent pay.

dixiewhiskey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes you are.. I applied to them and got all the
> questions right after hours of sitting there
> re-reading and yet their system said I only scored
> 90%. After trying three times, my account says it
> is deactivated. There are tons of other companies
> out there.. I am way to intelligent and valuable
> to have to take a test multiple times and told
> that I can't shop with that company when I have
> completed similar tests and shops nearly
> perfectly. CRI was the same thing.. their shops
> pay too low as well, not worth the time
August 16, 2013 12:43PM
#

dixiewhiskey
Posts:371
They seem pretty simple and straight forward but often there are other shoppers in my area who pick up the more convenient stops in the city so I am left with the ones that would take more time to get to. At that point if I am travelling more than 45 minutes per se, it's not really that worth it for $5 or even $10 if it's bonused.

I think their site is super glitchy on my end because I answered the questions correctly also (eventually I just watched the video while I was doing it to double check) and it kept saying it was wrong. Shopping is good for me right now but if things die down, I may e-mail them and mention the issues I am having with the test. The site in general is not that user friendly - it refreshes everytime you save a specific location.. in Toronto, it's a lot of locations for some of the clients they do shops with.



jwolpert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If by CRI you mean CORI their shops start out low
> but if you wait it out you can pick up some easy
> shops at a decent pay.
>

Silver Certified
August 16, 2013 02:12PM
#

I am not the only one annoyed by 20 emails a day from GFK to fill those wing shops where they want a younger dude to go and have an unwanted beer? Please, one email ok. 10 in 5 minutes, ridiculous?
August 19, 2013 05:41PM
#

SecretAgentMom
Posts:1,298
I am so glad I am not the only one that gets a ridiculous amount of emails from GFK minutes apart. Another one that just makes me mad to no end is a Coach shops scheduler...I get 5 in a row, sometimes within seconds of each other all for the same location.
August 19, 2013 10:20PM
#

WillShopForFood
Posts:46
There emails are overkill but I do like that they let me take my whole family with me. It's hard to find a lot of shops like that.
August 19, 2013 10:46PM
#

inkling_shopper
Posts:156
SecretAgentMom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am so glad I am not the only one that gets a
> ridiculous amount of emails from GFK minutes
> apart. Another one that just makes me mad to no
> end is a Coach shops scheduler...I get 5 in a row,
> sometimes within seconds of each other all for the
> same location.


I would take a Coach shop... I saw them once in my area and haven't seen any since. I've been trying to figure out if I'm looking for them in the wrong place. I've been checking my list and shopper sites trying to figure out what company had them

-Inkling grinning smiley

*~Shopping the Orlando area today, tomorrow the world~*
August 21, 2013 04:28AM
#

dlsnyder65
Posts:7
Watch out for GFK they screwed my out of $25 shop. I did the shop to their requirements and they refused to pay me. They will not eve answer my emails now. What a bunch of cowards.
August 21, 2013 08:06PM
#
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login