Follow-up reports

When you do a shop where there's a follow-up period required,does the MSC check to see if you did the beginning part of the report in the original "due" time?

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

There are 200+ MScs. So, who knows???

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
@nc wrote:

When you do a shop where there's a follow-up period required,does the MSC check to see if you did the beginning part of the report in the original "due" time?


Yes.

Her Serene Majesty, Cettie - Goat Queen of Zoltar, Sublime Empress of Her Caprine Domain
If it's a sassie shop, they can at least tell when you started it. Not sure if they know how far you got when you saved it to finish after you receive follow up.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

If it's a sassie shop, they can at least tell when you started it. Not sure if they know how far you got when you saved it to finish after you receive follow up.

Well, if they can see when I started it, I suppose they can also see how much of the report I've completed. Most of the time I do the report (except for follow-up) the same day....but there have been times when I didn't have the time to finish the original report until the follow-up day...and nothing was ever said to me.
I'm talking about after you already submitted the report. It shows the date you started the shop. Sure, if they go in during the first 24 hours after you started it, they can tell how much you have completed. I have had at least one MSC go into my report while I was actually working on it and then email me with a reminder on when the shop must be submitted (not one of the MSCs who do car or apartment shops that require followup). I don't think the MSC you are talking about will do that. They just want the shop completed and submitted on time.
They can see when you started the report, at least in Sassie. They can also access the report, see how much you have completed, and they can edit and finalize it if they choose. When there is a followup period, waiting for a call-back or something, they don't usually seem to split hairs about completion of the report although they could because they can clearly see it.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

I'm talking about after you already submitted the report. It shows the date you started the shop. Sure, if they go in during the first 24 hours after you started it, they can tell how much you have completed. I have had at least one MSC go into my report while I was actually working on it and then email me with a reminder on when the shop must be submitted (not one of the MSCs who do car or apartment shops that require followup). I don't think the MSC you are talking about will do that. They just want the shop completed and submitted on time.

If they went into my report while I was doing it, that would be domething. I don't know if I ever want to have that happen.
One time it really messed me up because I was in the process of working on it and when the account manager went in, it created some sort of glitch and erased the second half of my narrative (I had clicked save after completing the first half and then went in to write the rest of it). I was pretty irritated about that. I get she was nervous because it was getting close to the deadline but given my track record, she needn't have worried. I still managed to have it submitted on time even though I had to rewrite some of it.
@nc wrote:

If they went into my report while I was doing it, that would be domething. I don't know if I ever want to have that happen.

I think it happens. You won't be able to tell. The only way you will know that they went into your report before you finished it is if they tell you.
@roflwofl wrote:

@nc wrote:

If they went into my report while I was doing it, that would be domething. I don't know if I ever want to have that happen.

I think it happens. You won't be able to tell. The only way you will know that they went into your report before you finished it is if they tell you.

If they don't tell me I'll be in the same boat as before...wondering.
As others have said, if the MSC uses Sassie, editors can see each time you save the shop. We can also access the report and make changes to it or change its status at any time.

If you're concerned about it, I would encourage you to send an email to yours scheduler just to let them know where you are on the shop, what time the follow-up period is over, and when you expect to submit the report. smiling smiley

Administrative Manager for Shoppers' View
p: 616-608-1594 | e: christinew@shoppersview.com | w: www.shoppersview.com
@ShoppersViewChristine wrote:

As others have said, if the MSC uses Sassie, editors can see each time you save the shop. We can also access the report and make changes to it or change its status at any time.

If you're concerned about it, I would encourage you to send an email to yours scheduler just to let them know where you are on the shop, what time the follow-up period is over, and when you expect to submit the report. smiling smiley

Thank you, Christine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login