Your thoughts on Big lots?

On the day I'm shopping this, I'm shopping 6 other shops..just trying to get opinions on this shop and approximate length of shop?

The msc is the one who shops 5 guys...

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

There are two versions, one involves furniture and the other carrying a large item. I’ve done both and they are easy. The report is almost no narrative.
In my area, these jobs go for $4. I did one and didn't do anymore. Not worth it to me.

Shopping Arkansas, Louisiana, & Mississippi.
The reports are easy, locations are convenient, and I know ahead of time what I will be purchasing. With winter coming I will be stocking up on washer fluid and Christmas items.
I think it's silly to carry a large item around the store when the locations I've shopped no one notices EVER or offers me a cart.
I agree this shop is easy and also agree it has very low pay. I usually do them when they get bonused..I occasionally do them at the base but only when I have to shop there for something anyways...
@dawnhu

I just snagged a ridiculous make an offer for one. I'm tickled pink about it. I can get at least 3 office supply things for the $5 reimbursement, writeoffable in a couple of ways.
Even though there are 3 Big Lots locations within a few miles of me, I wait till they get bonused (same with Aldi) because even though the shops and reports are easy, it's not worth the $4 base fee for the minimum time requirement, interactions + restroom visit. I use these shops to pick up toiletries or snacks, or if it's around the holidays, I grab some stocking stuffers or wrapping paper. I've only been offered a cart once in the dozen or so Big Lots shops I've done while carrying the required 'bulky' item.
@nslinhar, that is great, I can't say the same and uughh ..Looking over the requirements and it's not something up my alley. I might change my mind once I do the shop though. Now I know why they agreed to a great bonus for you..
@nslinhar wrote:

@dawnhu

I just snagged a ridiculous make an offer for one. I'm tickled pink about it. I can get at least 3 office supply things for the $5 reimbursement, writeoffable in a couple of ways.

Is ridiculous > $20 or <$20? The most I have ever received is $20.
$25. It's right next door to another shop i have and has been on the board for quite a while. I randomly thought of a number and to my surprise it was accepted in about 15 minutes. Now I'm kicking myself for not asking for a more ridiculous fee.
@nslinhar wrote:

$25. It's right next door to another shop i have and has been on the board for quite a while. I randomly thought of a number and to my surprise it was accepted in about 15 minutes. Now I'm kicking myself for not asking for a more ridiculous fee.

Nicely done!
I wish I saw this thread yesterday. I was there this morning to pick up some odds and ends.

The internet doesn't make you smart. It makes you good at regurgitation.
I realize it does not pay much but I bundle it with my other shops and BIG LOTS has a great snack aisle and some great old fashioned sodas! smiling smiley
I did one just the other day, easy as pie. I got to carry an enormous stuffed T-Rex around for 10 minutes, which kind of made my day. Easy report, easy shop. The shop lingered for the longest time at the $4 price, and then I jumped in when it became a "bid your fee" deal. Without question, that was the easiest of my 7 shops that day.
Those never get bonused in my area. I take them the minute I see one on the boards, as I know if I don't snap them up, someone else will. I too have been shopping Big Lots since it was McFrugals. Report is easy, shop is easy too. Just pick a light item to shlep around. I usually go with a comforter.
@amberngriffinco wrote:

been shopping at Big Lots (aka MacFrugals aka Pic 'n Save in So Cal) since 1960s !
The other day I had a shop and I asked the girl (she was in her 20's) if she remembered when this was Pic and Save? She said NO. LoL .tongue sticking out smiley .I also remember when it was MacFrugals.
One time I asked a teenaged floor associate where the chicken broth was and she did not know what it was. That was awkward.

*****************************************************************************
A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.

Zen Shin Talks
Its low, but I love Big Lots and the shop is really easy. I snap them up as soon as I see them since they are usually taken fast. For me, its a fun shopping trip that I get paid for!
I did this shop two times and both times did not get paid. The first time I did the shop, I was very honest about my checkout experience and how the cashier was negative but also seeking help and being ignored by other workers who refused to come help with a problem. I was denied pay because the MSC said my time stamp showed that I did two shops at once. Funny, because I only did one shop that day, but I could get no response to that.
The next time, I was very honest about how an associate that I think could have been a manager was unprofessional in the way he talked to customers (me) on the floor and about the terrible condition of the bathroom. That time, I was refused pay because they said my time stamp did not match up to the receipt. Again, I could get no response to my protests.
I didn't do much follow through on the protests simply because it is a $4 shop and not worth the stress to me.
I think that my reports are tossed out because of the negative reports, since I never have had a problem with my times for any other shops. Needless to say, I do not shop Big Lots anymore and I do not do mystery shops there, either.
More for me smiling smiley I just did two at $25 and $5R each. Total time including reporting and prepping? One hour. Total. Go me
@kimmysue wrote:

I did this shop two times and both times did not get paid. The first time I did the shop, I was very honest about my checkout experience and how the cashier was negative but also seeking help and being ignored by other workers who refused to come help with a problem. I was denied pay because the MSC said my time stamp showed that I did two shops at once. Funny, because I only did one shop that day, but I could get no response to that.
The next time, I was very honest about how an associate that I think could have been a manager was unprofessional in the way he talked to customers (me) on the floor and about the terrible condition of the bathroom. That time, I was refused pay because they said my time stamp did not match up to the receipt. Again, I could get no response to my protests.
I didn't do much follow through on the protests simply because it is a $4 shop and not worth the stress to me.
I think that my reports are tossed out because of the negative reports, since I never have had a problem with my times for any other shops. Needless to say, I do not shop Big Lots anymore and I do not do mystery shops there, either.

I would have fought them. It’s not the value of the shop but your reputation. If you have too many reports rejected this company is know to deactivate shoppers without prior notification. One day you just can’t log in anymore. So if you want to continue to work for them, my advice would be to contact customer service with the issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2018 12:40AM by kenasch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login