Question Re: Airport shops

Hi All,

I'm kind of sick of getting emailed about them as I rarely ever travel, is there a way to get companies to not email specific shops to you. I've made sure in profiles and such that I have zero travel in them yet still get about 18 emails a day for airport shops. Just trying to declutter my inbox. Also are there good sorting tricks folks use in outlook by chance?

Cheers,
JC

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

Use the delete button.

You can choose to be contacted about open shops by email - or not. It's kind of an all-or-nothing thing. This means that about 90% of the emails you get with job offers are not going to interest you. Delete them and move on. It's the other 10% that make it worthwhile to keep email notifications.

You could set up rules in Outlook to sort emails from different schedulers into different folders, but you want to be careful with that: Schedulers often get moved to different projects and, if you tend to ignore a certain folder, you could find yourself missing a shop you would really want.

You mentioned in another thread that you are with 11 companies. I'm with 130+. I am certain I get a lot more email for jobs I don't want than you do. It's not a big deal to delete the messages that don't interest me.

Hard work builds character and homework is good for your soul.
email filter: If body or subject includes airport move to folder: airport_shops

That is how I do it. I hope this might help you.

Orlando - lightly shopping NC
Difficult to stop automated emails, I get them for jobs in other states and haven't "controlled" them in 13 years,
so, I delete, and yes it is annoying but part of this job.

With so many woman recently elected, let's integrate two aspects of feminine power/ gentle compassion with
fierce warrior........
@Irene_L.A. wrote:

Difficult to stop automated emails, I get them for jobs in other states and haven't "controlled" them in 13 years,
so, I delete, and yes it is annoying but part of this job.

Yeah, even though I've update my profile, I still occasionally get emails for jobs in states I haven't lived in in over 10 years.
I often get emails for shops in states that I've never lived in, or some stupid MSC that send out state-wide emails.
I like to keep the emails from the airport companies because they are a good company and jobs could change at anytime. Just delete.
I hate the idea of trying to filter emails - even for states in which I'd never shop. I actually got an email recently from an MSC that I know well offering a route in Hawaii. They had enough video shops to overcome travel and lodging - with time to spare! If I were available, I'd have been all over it. Had I filtered out states in which I've never shopped, I never would have seen it.

Hard work builds character and homework is good for your soul.
MFJ,
I actually know a shopper couple who are full time and did such a route. It fit with their plan to shop every state and as many US Territories as possible.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
@MFJohnston wrote:

I hate the idea of trying to filter emails - even for states in which I'd never shop. I actually got an email recently from an MSC that I know well offering a route in Hawaii. They had enough video shops to overcome travel and lodging - with time to spare! If I were available, I'd have been all over it. Had I filtered out states in which I've never shopped, I never would have seen it.

I got that same email. I don't think that was a good route for one unfamiliar with the island. Besides, flights to Hawaii are expensive and so is lodging.
I hate getting them simply because they are taunting me. I play the miles/points game and I keep seeing scenarios where I could combine in-flight and in-terminal shops and amass some serious miles and flight segments. I actually went so far as to email the scheduler about doing that but he never responded. sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login