fantasy pay

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

I've never thought of there being such a stigma.

I know that I shop to earn money and that, the more I am able to earn (and the less time I have to spend doing so), the better it is for my family. I also believe that most folks who shop are also trying to earn a bit of a side income. (I have nothing against those who are simply looking for experiences they might not otherwise be able to afford - it's just a different mindset and approach.) I believe that I could earn more than I do and, therefore, continue to read and learn. For that reason, I believe that all other shoppers have the potential to increase their earnings as well. I do recognize that folks' families, geography, etc. are all different and that these things put different constraints on their shopping than what I have on mine. So, therefore, their paths to optimizing their incomes are likely somewhat different than my path. However, just as I learned from experienced shoppers and adapted their knowledge to my situation when I started out, I believe that folks can learn from me.

I very much believe that the vast majority of shoppers can find additional shopping opportunities by simply expanding their geographical range and signing up for more companies. I am astounded (and will vocalize it) when a shopper claims that there is "no" shopping near them and, yet, are only registered with a dozen MSC's. I'll happily point them to the list on the forum and encourage them to see what's really there. I will also harp back and anybody who suggests that what I say isn't true.

I share my experience on this board not to belittle those who make less money than I do, but to help those who wish to make more find avenues to do so.

@Shop-et-al wrote:

I would just like to remove the stigma from high, medium, and low earnings. No shopper is better or worse than another based upon their earnings from mystery shopping. It is wonderful that some shoppers have more opportunities at hand and that others do not need significant income from mystery shopping. It is wonderful when we have fabulous earnings moments and when we earn more or no longer need to earn from mystery shopping.

It's all good!

Hard work builds character and homework is good for your soul.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2019 02:24PM by MFJohnston.
@Sobrokeigot2dothis wrote:

Good thing there is not a button on this forum that the crazies could click on and shock or mace all the posters they do not agree with. LOL!

Are you saying that you are a crazy and would shock/mace most the rest of us? Or are you saying that you'd be shocked and maced continuously because we are all crazy and find (nearly?) all your posts to be in very poor taste?

Hard work builds character and homework is good for your soul.
@Sobrokeigot2dothis wrote:

I griped about not getting paid and not getting paid on time. Since when in the history of mankind has complaining about no pay or late pay or low pay a criminal offense or crime? I told the truth that I did a lowly Panda Express shop today for 4 dollars. That is what us honest people do. We tell it like it is even if it leaves ourselves not always in the brightest light. It is called the truth. Spell it T R U T H!

1. You gripe about a lot of things - including the folks who are not "SoBroke" and share with the forum how they make decent money shopping.
2. Your last gripe about "late payment" was started days before the MSC's expected pay window! Then, everybody got paid on time. It's like you gripe for the sake of griping.
3. Brightest light: I have nothing against anybody who does a $4 Panda shop - there is nothing "lowly" about it. We all need to eat. That is not the reason I believe you portray yourself poorly. Hint: Look at the username you created for yourself.
4. Honest... Honest folks take the time to understand what others are saying before calling them "liars" out of ignorance.

Hard work builds character and homework is good for your soul.
@Sobrokeigot2dothis wrote:

@Hoju wrote:

I disagree. I feel I’m a better person than 2broke, but not because of my earning level. Mostly because she seems like a terrible person all around.

You feel the need to lie and pretend you make $60 dollars an hour mystery shopping and you belittle others. Low self esteem is your middle name.

Not "others." Just you.

______________________________________________________________________
Seriously, nobody cares that you're offended.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2019 02:48PM by Hoju.
@MFJohnston wrote:


1. You gripe about a lot of things - including the folks who are not "SoBroke" and share with the forum how they make decent money shopping.

You can not make a good living by doing mystery shopping. Its the truth. Its a fact. Mystery shopping is a side hustle. Anybody trying to claim different (certainly not only me!) is attacked and chastised by the those "folks who are not so broke" in this forum over and over. Those are forum rules and we get that dude. That still don't turn your lies and delusions of grandness into the TRUTH!
@Sobrokeigot2dothis wrote:

You can not make a good living by doing mystery shopping. Its the truth. Its a fact. Mystery shopping is a side hustle. Anybody trying to claim different (certainly not only me!) is attacked and chastised by the those "folks who are not so broke" in this forum over and over. Those are forum rules and we get that dude. That still don't turn your lies and delusions of grandness into the TRUTH!

I have never lied about my earnings. I am sorry that you are incapable of learning from others, even when they spell it out, in detail for you. I am sorry that you are so down on yourself that you have to disparage those who try to share helpful information. I am sorry that you cannot see that there are folks on this forum who do make a living mystery shopping. I don't attack you. I respond to you when you repeatedly call me a "liar."

What you claim to be "Fact" is false. You have not taken the time to know what can and cannot be done in this business. Perhaps this is because you spend all your energy on this forum ripping on those who are successful? You cannot seem to comprehend that there are folks who know more about shopping than you do. If you would bother to look into what others say, perhaps you could earn more, too? Or, perhaps you just like to complain and invite others into your misery?

Honestly, if you conduct yourself with MSC's anything like you conduct yourself on this forum, I can totally see why you don't get the opportunities that many of the rest of us find. You are caustic, antagonistic and arrogant nearly every time you make a post - all while simply being wrong.

Hard work builds character and homework is good for your soul.
@MFJohnston wrote:

@Sobrokeigot2dothis wrote:

Spell it T R U T H!
Hint: Look at the username you created for yourself.
4. Honest... Honest folks take the time to understand what others are saying before calling them "liars" out of ignorance.

It's only one of many. She's desperate to be part of this forum and she has learned that once she's identified as spicy, she is blocked again. She's changed her age, location, gender, and she's stopped PM'ing the posters she attacks, realizing they will contact Jacob. One thing that doesn't change is her desire to start trouble and bicker with others. She will take whichever position is available in order to start something - sometimes she defends, sometimes she attacks. And she always calls it "protecting newbies." And she says "spell it T R U T H."

This is a desperate attempt to get attention and shine a spotlight.
With respect to the BUSINESS of mystery shopping, many from an employee background and mentality struggle because they think in terms of entitlement and equitability. Yesterday, an ex-sailor and I were discussing his step-son's inability to function without supervision and a time clock; with both, though, I was told he is an excellent worker. Self-employment is not for everyone any more than is being a parent. With 41+ years as a sales contractor before this business, I miserably failed as a full timer, but have resoundingly succeeded as a situational shopper.
@Sobrokeigot2dothis wrote:

@MFJohnston wrote:


1. You gripe about a lot of things - including the folks who are not "SoBroke" and share with the forum how they make decent money shopping.

You can not make a good living by doing mystery shopping. Its the truth. Its a fact. Mystery shopping is a side hustle. Anybody trying to claim different (certainly not only me!) is attacked and chastised by the those "folks who are not so broke" in this forum over and over. Those are forum rules and we get that dude. That still don't turn your lies and delusions of grandness into the TRUTH!

Not once did I ever say I make a good living. Not once did I say this isn't a side hustle. Not once did I say I work full time at this. You seem to make a lot of assumptions. Just because I make a minimum of $60/hr doesn't mean I'm working full time. Maybe you need to consider the possibility that you have a tendency to jump to ridiculous conclusions.

______________________________________________________________________
Seriously, nobody cares that you're offended.
Bgriffin and walesmaven both do this as their main gig and make a good living doing so. So does LisaSTL, though I haven't seen her around in awhile. I make good money mystery shopping, though it isn't currently my only source of income. At one time it was, though. Many forum members do this as a side hustle. But, to say that it's impossible to make a good living is definitely BS. Sobroke is just jealous that she can't make this kind of money after trying so hard for the last 8 years. It doesn't happen overnight, but after 8 years she still can't do it?
Because she is incapable of figuring it out, she likes to tear down others by calling them liars because it's the only way she can make herself feel better--tearing others down to build herself up. Sad.

Spicy knows the forum mods will find out that she is Sobroke eventually and she will get banned once again. I don't understand the desperation of wanting to be a part of this forum when it's obviously a group of people she despises. After all the many times she has rejoined using a new screenname just to come in and try to stir up trouble--well it's just pathetic.
Really people! I used to post often under another name and played well with everyone. (I forgot my password so just changed names.) I am actually surprised by two of you who replied snippily. I know you are conscientious in what you report.

Boy the board gotten so mean in my absence. I shop quite a bit, and am an accountant in a high shopper density area. I can calculate how much I earn in a bunch of ways.
We interrupt this thread dedicated to mythicaI fantasy incomes for a news break / reality check: I just did a lunch mystery shop at Arbys for $4 and a couple of gyros! News break over you may now return to your stories of the mystery shopper life styles of the rich and famous! LOL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2019 06:50PM by Sobrokeigot2dothis.
You have to report someone or the mods won't look at the thread. They have no idea that spicy1 is back again.

@Irene_L.A. wrote:

Name calling by SoBroke "closed minded unsocial geeks", and such is plain juvenile, read a book, elevate yourself, there must be a way to get your personal point across without having to relate to a 7 year old.
We all get it, you can't make money, move on or start a go fund me campaign, and stop blaming those that can
#making fool of oneself

CALLING ALL MODERATORS.......
"Snippy" happens when you are called a liar repeatedly over several weeks. The messages that I typed, but didn't post, were far more interesting than simply being "snippy."



@jdoj wrote:

Really people! I used to post often under another name and played well with everyone. (I forgot my password so just changed names.) I am actually surprised by two of you who replied snippily. I know you are conscientious in what you report.

Boy the board gotten so mean in my absence. I shop quite a bit, and am an accountant in a high shopper density area. I can calculate how much I earn in a bunch of ways.

Hard work builds character and homework is good for your soul.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2019 08:51PM by MFJohnston.
I am proud of you for optimizing your earning potential.

@Sobrokeigot2dothis wrote:

We interrupt this thread dedicated to mythicaI fantasy incomes for a news break / reality check: I just did a lunch mystery shop at Arbys for $4 and a couple of gyros! News break over you may now return to your stories of the mystery shopper life styles of the rich and famous! LOL!

Hard work builds character and homework is good for your soul.
I have to put in my two cents. I have been following this thread since it started.

I personally know shoppers who have made between $50-$500+ in under an hour. Yes, these are specialized shops that require a hard credit pull but they exist. You don't have to have perfect credit either. We pay the same for people who have credit of 550 as we do for someone with 800+. These shops require screenshots and take all of 15 minutes to complete, maybe 30 minutes for your first shop. How do you get $500 in an hour you ask? Applying for a credit card and doing a loan shop(s), being a small business owner and applying for a credit card, etc....

I'm not saying someone can make that much every day or get $500 for every shop but the possibility exists, just not in the realm of fast food shops.

Briana Baca
Field Director (In-House Scheduler)
Informa Research Services
Bgoldman@informars.com
Bragging a bit for what I get from MS'ing...tomorrow is a first class Manicure/Pedicure in a very high end spa worth 52.00+tip....worth it for me as I was going to spend my own pennies for it today. Dinner out at my favorite burger place, so a fun day paid for by MS'ing...no fantasy here, just reality. I do have to do a report, big deal.
p.s. negative or positive is always a choice.

Live consciously....


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2019 07:49PM by Irene_L.A..
I have reported quite a few threads such as the last one shoptastic unhinged herself on. No one moderated it. I reported numerous ICA violations. Still there. I stopped wasting my time. The mods must have quit and Jacob hasn't replaced them yet.

@JASFLALMT wrote:

You have to report someone or the mods won't look at the thread. They have no idea that spicy1 is back again.

@Irene_L.A. wrote:

Name calling by SoBroke "closed minded unsocial geeks", and such is plain juvenile, read a book, elevate yourself, there must be a way to get your personal point across without having to relate to a 7 year old.
We all get it, you can't make money, move on or start a go fund me campaign, and stop blaming those that can
#making fool of oneself

CALLING ALL MODERATORS.......

Kim
I had a moderator PM me twice over the past few days. I guess they are more tolerant than they used to be.
@Sobrokeigot2dothis wrote:

You can not make a good living by doing mystery shopping. Its the truth. Its a fact.

My bank account would tell you otherwise.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

I had a moderator PM me twice over the past few days. I guess they are more tolerant than they used to be.

Maybe you could write a scathing report on someone in your next mystery shop and that will make you feel a little better. LOL!
Hmm, that kind of mindset never occurred to me. Just cause that's something you would do doesn't mean that it is something others would consider. Besides, why would the mods PM make me feel bad? It wasn't an unpleasant exchange. It's not like they wrote me chastising me, it was a polite correspondence about a spam post I reported a few days ago...obviously it was not about you. SMH at you. You have a truly strange way of thinking and looking at things.

@Sobrokeigot2dothis wrote:

@JASFLALMT wrote:

I had a moderator PM me twice over the past few days. I guess they are more tolerant than they used to be.

Maybe you could write a scathing report on someone in your next mystery shop and that will make you feel a little better. LOL!
@JASFLALMT wrote:

Hmm, that kind of mindset never occurred to me. Just cause that's something you would do doesn't mean that it is something others would consider. Besides, why would the mods PM make me feel bad? It wasn't an unpleasant exchange. It's not like they wrote me chastising me, it was a polite correspondence about a spam post I reported a few days ago...obviously it was not about you. SMH at you. You have a truly strange way of thinking and looking at things.

You are right I don't think like you at all. I have a number of forums that I read and never once has it occurred to me to point out spam to the forum administrators. To me doing that would be something akin to walking up to someones door and saying "Hey man looks like you got a weed growing in your yard better pick it!" In short get a life!
Knowing a bit about Jas's life, she has nothing to hide and quite an interesting life at that...thinking you know about someone's life you admitted you don't like tells me you need to get a life, or perhaps an evaluation by
a professional.

Live consciously....
Now I realize that under your previous screen names whenever a moderator PMed you it was always an unpleasant scenario. Too bad you can't remain civil each time you create a new personality and you always derail...I know it's only a matter of time before you lose it again. Sigh.

Some forum members point out spam to forum moderators out of consideration and protection for others. There are unsuspecting newbies who might click on a link and who knows where it could take them. It might not be innocent spam, most spam is not and is designed to take advantage of others. I realize that's beyond your comprehension, just like if you saw someone steal from an old lady's purse in the grocery store when she wasn't looking you would probably just turn your head and pretend you didn't see it.

@Sobrokeigot2dothis wrote:

@JASFLALMT wrote:

Hmm, that kind of mindset never occurred to me. Just cause that's something you would do doesn't mean that it is something others would consider. Besides, why would the mods PM make me feel bad? It wasn't an unpleasant exchange. It's not like they wrote me chastising me, it was a polite correspondence about a spam post I reported a few days ago...obviously it was not about you. SMH at you. You have a truly strange way of thinking and looking at things.

You are right I don't think like you at all. I have a number of forums that I read and never once has it occurred to me to point out spam to the forum administrators. To me doing that would be something akin to walking up to someones door and saying "Hey man looks like you got a weed growing in your yard better pick it!" In short get a life!
@JASFLALMT wrote:

Some forum members point out spam to forum moderators out of consideration and protection for others. There are unsuspecting newbies who might click on a link and who knows where it could take them. It might not be innocent spam, most spam is not and is designed to take advantage of others.
Just this year alone, I've reported spam to the moderators a good half dozen times or so. And I'm always glad that they seem to take it seriously.
I do not bash anyone for taking low pay for a shop. This maybe the utility bill that they're working for or a field trip for their child. I mystery shop because I enjoy it. Some shoppers may not be that lucky. Money means different things to different folks.
Reporting spam is just something a good forum member does.The report button is there for that purpose. Duh. It saves the moderators having to read every post in every thread. They have lives too.

I enjoy awkward questions and uncomfortable silences. This gas station pavement is $%^@*#& hot.
@Sobrokeigot2dothis wrote:

@JASFLALMT wrote:

Hmm, that kind of mindset never occurred to me. Just cause that's something you would do doesn't mean that it is something others would consider. Besides, why would the mods PM make me feel bad? It wasn't an unpleasant exchange. It's not like they wrote me chastising me, it was a polite correspondence about a spam post I reported a few days ago...obviously it was not about you. SMH at you. You have a truly strange way of thinking and looking at things.

You are right I don't think like you at all. I have a number of forums that I read and never once has it occurred to me to point out spam to the forum administrators. To me doing that would be something akin to walking up to someones door and saying "Hey man looks like you got a weed growing in your yard better pick it!" In short get a life!

@Sorokeigot2dothis: So your comparison is not an exact one, but I appreciate one aspect of it. I am well acquainted with someone who [apparently] believes that it is their duty, their calling, their very reason for living, to tell other people what to do, why to do it, and how to do it. Some posters here [apparently] like to use the report button.

Yes, we could report the real life person to... well... to whom? To the pain in the assssssss police? The overseer of everything that has nothing to do with them? The tribunal for unprintables?

I wish that I were as bold as you are here. In that situation, I would tell ol' pita exactly where to go and give them a ticket to get there. As it is, I am sort of wimpy and silently fume. Perhaps you will rub off on me and make a little bolder...

In short, there are a few different ways to look at life on the forum. grinning smiley

Praying is work. - Mother Angelica.


Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2019 11:16PM by Shop-et-al.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.