I hate to seem ungrateful but a $2.00 pad is insulting to me.

I am willing to go the extra mile for some of my favorite schedulers but when they offer me $2.00 to go out in 90 degree heat it kind of makes me give them the side eye. How doe you all feel about something like this?

****************


Motivation increases when we assume large responsibilities with a short deadline.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

It all really depends on the shop... For some of the quick filler shops I do periodically, $2 will make the difference as to whether or not I pick them up. However, it's not enough to get me to do a special trip.

Hard work builds character and homework is good for your soul.
@MFJohnston wrote:

It all really depends on the shop... For some of the quick filler shops I do periodically, $2 will make the difference as to whether or not I pick them up. However, it's not enough to get me to do a special trip.

I think if I name the shop everyone will know. I just can't it's hot you want me to go at the busiest time of the day and all that you think of me is $2.00?

****************


Motivation increases when we assume large responsibilities with a short deadline.
It's $2 in addition to the normal shop fee which is normally too low to consider without a substantial PAD.
Actually, from the MSC's point of view, $2 is a substantial increase in fee, % wise.

Like if the base pay is $5, $2 is almost 40% increase.

But I believe 200% of nothing is still, actually, nothing.
In 16+ years as a shopper, I have never been the slightest offended by an offer; it was strictly business. As an example, two weeks ago a Trendsource scheduler attempted to drop my bottom pay, from past completions, $1; he failed, as I do not go south where money is concerned.
@shopperbob wrote:

In 16+ years as a shopper, I have never been the slightest offended by an offer; it was strictly business. As an example, two weeks ago a Trendsource scheduler attempted to drop my bottom pay, from past completions, $1; he failed, as I do not go south where money is concerned.



I think (and this is just my thought) offering a loyal shopper less than what it costs for a gallon of gas is offensive to me. I understand that we don't always feel the same about things.

****************


Motivation increases when we assume large responsibilities with a short deadline.
I got a call from an unknown to me scheduler to ask me to do a $35 reimbursement restaurant shop very soon in a nearby town(a part of my megalopolis) that I do not generally go to. I asked if there was some bonus she could give me as I was not driving that way and the shop would take me at least an hour just for the drive both ways. She was very nice and said there was no bonus money available to her. This shop has no pay attached so the 0 bonus was 1,000,000% (lol Ceasesmith). I pointed out to her that there were several locations still available on the boards that were in my neighborhood. She very sweetly asked me for future reference what bonus I would need to take the shop. I felt really bad for her. It sounds like her hands were tied. The bonus I said I would take was 5x the highest bonus I have ever gotten from this company at $15.
I find it ridiculous but not insulting.

@pammie8223 wrote:

@shopperbob wrote:

In 16+ years as a shopper, I have never been the slightest offended by an offer; it was strictly business. As an example, two weeks ago a Trendsource scheduler attempted to drop my bottom pay, from past completions, $1; he failed, as I do not go south where money is concerned.

I think (and this is just my thought) offering a loyal shopper less than what it costs for a gallon of gas is offensive to me. I understand that we don't always feel the same about things.
I don't get offended if the offer is low, I just don't take the job.

A Dad shopping the Ark-LA-Tex and beyond.
What I don't like is the "Huge Bonus" emails that I open up and the bonus is $4. That's not huge (insert joke here).

Seriously, nobody cares that you're offended.

(Yes, I stole Hoju's tagline.)
@iShop123 wrote:

What I don't like is the "Huge Bonus" emails that I open up and the bonus is $4. That's not huge (insert joke here).


that's almost as bad as the 'Fun Shop!'

****************


Motivation increases when we assume large responsibilities with a short deadline.
I ask for a PAD of at least a dollar a mile one way. I rarely get it either. Unless it is the one in Europe the service check. They know how to use mapquest, or google maps, or maybe apple maps, possible Rand Mcnally. And they ain't even from here.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

I guess if you spread out $2 among 2,000 shoppers, $2 is a big deal.


I give my 5 year old grand niece more than 2 dollars.

****************


Motivation increases when we assume large responsibilities with a short deadline.
I won't go for less than $4 and that's for shops close to home. That's $4 PAD, plus fees for the shops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2019 12:21AM by johnb974.
I'm in the Phoeni area - try 115 degrees in the summer......incentives should be just that, I don't know of anyone who calls $2 an incentive to do anything!
@lbtweety47 wrote:

I'm in the Phoeni area - try 115 degrees in the summer......incentives should be just that, I don't know of anyone who calls $2 an incentive to do anything!


That's what I'm talking about!

****************


Motivation increases when we assume large responsibilities with a short deadline.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

John, the OP is talking about PAD on top of the regular shop fee.

The $4 is for the PAD plus any fees.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login