True Value Shop: Revealed or Not?

Maybe I'm getting too old for this -- LOL. There's a True Value shop I'm interested in and have read the guidelines. Nowhere does it state that this is a revealed shop. But the shop materials include a letter of authorization, which sounds like it should be presented prior to conducting the shop. There's also an after-visit call required, where you're supposed to use a different scenario and not reference your earlier visit. I'm guessing anybody who did a revealed shop and then called the store later would be memorable enough to be recognized by voice, if the same employee were to handle both interactions.

Am I missing something here? Has anyone done one of these?

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

It's been a long time since I did one. I do not recall that it was revealed. I suggest e-mailing the scheduler. She's usually pretty responsive -- but maybe not on Sunday, if you need a really quick reply.
I do a True Value shop and it is not revealed. The letter of authorization is "just in case". I try to snag it every time I can - there is a 90-day rotation.

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
@myst4au wrote:

I do a True Value shop and it is not revealed. The letter of authorization is "just in case". I try to snag it every time I can - there is a 90-day rotation.

Thanks! There are two of these up right now, both at a bit of a distance from me and from each other, so I need to find a third shop in between the two to make a small route. We're doing a lot of work on our house right now, so these would be good informational shops for me, since the scenarios include most of what we're working on!

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
@myst4au wrote:

I do a True Value shop and it is not revealed. The letter of authorization is "just in case". I try to snag it every time I can - there is a 90-day rotation.
Because of the huge fee and reimbursement? hahaha You must enjoy walking around hardware stores?
I've done this one 3 times in the town I live in. I went in to buy something after my 3rd shop and the employees were all gathered at the register and I knew they were talking about me. I acted normal as though I had never been in the store before. I see this same shop on the boards now and can not do it as I know they know that I am their shopper.
Indeed. I do like hardware stores where the people actually know how to help me. And there always seems to be something that I need to buy anyway. I regret those two "out of rotation" months because there is only one convenient True Value store.
@SoCalMama wrote:

@myst4au wrote:

I do a True Value shop and it is not revealed. The letter of authorization is "just in case". I try to snag it every time I can - there is a 90-day rotation.
Because of the huge fee and reimbursement? hahaha You must enjoy walking around hardware stores?

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
@SoCalMama wrote:

@myst4au wrote:

I do a True Value shop and it is not revealed. The letter of authorization is "just in case". I try to snag it every time I can - there is a 90-day rotation.
Because of the huge fee and reimbursement? hahaha You must enjoy walking around hardware stores?

For me, I love walking around hardware shops. I could spend all day in a big-box home-improvement store. The fee on this one is bigger than for another True Value shop another MSC does, but if I can grab an all--profit shop to make the time worthwhile, I'll do these. But I won't put myself at a break-even or loss point, that's for sure. I'll go to my local Lowe's or Home Depot and walk around instead.

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2019 04:21PM by BirdyC.
The one near me is actually a nursery. The reimbursement goes a long way there. If there is nothing that I "need," I happily use the reimbursement as a coupon on something I want.

@SoCalMama wrote:

Because of the huge fee and reimbursement? hahaha You must enjoy walking around hardware stores?

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
@HonnyBrown wrote:

The one near me is actually a nursery. The reimbursement goes a long way there. If there is nothing that I "need," I happily use the reimbursement as a coupon on something I want.

@SoCalMama wrote:

Because of the huge fee and reimbursement? hahaha You must enjoy walking around hardware stores?

Honny, I saw that the second one posted is a nursery, too. I'd get so taken in by looking at everything, I'd probably forget to do the shop....

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
@BirdyC wrote:

The fee on this one is bigger than for another True Value shop another MSC does...

Ah ok. I only know of the big MSC. I thought everyone was losing their marbles.
@SoCalMama wrote:


Ah ok. I only know of the big MSC. I thought everyone was losing their marbles.

LOL. No; not the same one. I may be crazy, but I'm not *that" crazy.

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
@Clamchatter wrote:

I've done this one 3 times in the town I live in. I went in to buy something after my 3rd shop and the employees were all gathered at the register and I knew they were talking about me. I acted normal as though I had never been in the store before. I see this same shop on the boards now and can not do it as I know they know that I am their shopper.

If I like a shop, I always schedule it, even if I think they know me. Leave it to the MSC to restrict you if they believe it’s necessary. There is no need to self police yourself as you have done nothing wrong.
Ditto.

I agree that you have not done anything wrong, and I like that there is another shopper who opts out voluntarily. I have decided to avoid these shops for awhile because they never are available when I need something and I cannot muster up the movitavation to go to those places just to do a shop. The locations are far from home and even when they are bonused, they should be combined with other shops to make the most money possible for the necessarily long days.

@kenasch wrote:

@Clamchatter wrote:

I've done this one 3 times in the town I live in. I went in to buy something after my 3rd shop and the employees were all gathered at the register and I knew they were talking about me. I acted normal as though I had never been in the store before. I see this same shop on the boards now and can not do it as I know they know that I am their shopper.

If I like a shop, I always schedule it, even if I think they know me. Leave it to the MSC to restrict you if they believe it’s necessary. There is no need to self police yourself as you have done nothing wrong.

.. September is dressing herself in showy dahlias and splendid marigolds and starry zinnias. October, the extravagant sister, has ordered an immense amount of the most gorgeous forest tapestry for her grand reception. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
The nursery near me has a 50% off section, oh my!

@BirdyC wrote:

Honny, I saw that the second one posted is a nursery, too. I'd get so taken in by looking at everything, I'd probably forget to do the shop....

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
@2stepps wrote:

$6.25 per shop is not worth it even if I need paint.

It's not that shop, as I noted earlier. This shop pays $18 and now is up to $19 -- not much of a bonus, for sure, but I wouldn't go across the street for $6.25.

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
The $6.25 shop is near me and bonused to $11-15. The scenario was paint, and I needed paint for my living room project.

Their cheapest paint was $40 a gallon.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
@HonnyBrown wrote:

The $6.25 shop is near me and bonused to $11-15. The scenario was paint, and I needed paint for my living room project.

Their cheapest paint was $40 a gallon.

Wow; that's pretty expensive paint to be the cheapest!

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
Exactly! I ended up getting some fertilizer spikes.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login