FIVE GUYS IS BACK!!

@MisterBill wrote:

Here's a new one. There is a delivery shop with shake available near a friend's house who we may be visiting on Tuesday. When looking at their menu both on the FG site and Doordash, shakes are not listed. What do you do in a situation like that?

If I remember correctly, I think the guidelines say that a shake is required if the location offers shakes. In your case, it seems like the restaurant may not serve shakes, so I'd put that in the report and maybe take some screenshots showing that no shakes are offered on the online menus.

Could you call the location and ask them if they sell shakes before accepting the shop?

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

@sstsau wrote:

@MisterBill wrote:

Here's a new one. There is a delivery shop with shake available near a friend's house who we may be visiting on Tuesday. When looking at their menu both on the FG site and Doordash, shakes are not listed. What do you do in a situation like that?

If I remember correctly, I think the guidelines say that a shake is required if the location offers shakes. In your case, it seems like the restaurant may not serve shakes, so I'd put that in the report and maybe take some screenshots showing that no shakes are offered on the online menus.

Could you call the location and ask them if they sell shakes before accepting the shop?
I called and they do not offer shakes. I took the delivery shop and the CPI says "For this shop, you will place an order online and have it delivered. A milkshake purchase is required for this shop if the location sells them."

Now the question is how to order. They have not increased the reimbursement on delivery shops, and I'm running into the stupid $15 minimum ordering with their own delivery and guidelines saying to just order more, ignoring the fact that you end up having to cover the tax in that case because the minimum doesn't include it while the reimbursement does. Can't get veggie sandwich, little fries and water under $15 when using DoorDash or Grubhub, although it's close.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2021 03:40PM by MisterBill.
My advice is to look for the least expensive item that puts you over $15. Is soda more expensive than water? Look around. In the worst-case since you are committed, change the veggie sandwich to something else more expensive. Since you will be at your friend's house anyway, you can't subtract mileage as a business expense, so effectively that increases your effective net fee.
@MisterBill wrote:

@sstsau wrote:

@MisterBill wrote:

Here's a new one. There is a delivery shop with shake available near a friend's house who we may be visiting on Tuesday. When looking at their menu both on the FG site and Doordash, shakes are not listed. What do you do in a situation like that?

If I remember correctly, I think the guidelines say that a shake is required if the location offers shakes. In your case, it seems like the restaurant may not serve shakes, so I'd put that in the report and maybe take some screenshots showing that no shakes are offered on the online menus.

Could you call the location and ask them if they sell shakes before accepting the shop?
I called and they do not offer shakes. I took the delivery shop and the CPI says "For this shop, you will place an order online and have it delivered. A milkshake purchase is required for this shop if the location sells them."

Now the question is how to order. They have not increased the reimbursement on delivery shops, and I'm running into the stupid $15 minimum ordering with their own delivery and guidelines saying to just order more, ignoring the fact that you end up having to cover the tax in that case because the minimum doesn't include it while the reimbursement does. Can't get veggie sandwich, little fries and water under $15 when using DoorDash or Grubhub, although it's close.

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
@myst4au wrote:

My advice is to look for the least expensive item that puts you over $15. Is soda more expensive than water? Look around. In the worst-case since you are committed, change the veggie sandwich to something else more expensive. Since you will be at your friend's house anyway, you can't subtract mileage as a business expense, so effectively that increases your effective net fee.
I'm just order on DoorDash when I don't have to meet the $15 minimum before tax and will only be 35 cents over. Ordering on the FG website will end up costing me more than a dollar out of pocket with sales tax.

And we were going to the friend's house after doing a different shop (and only because we were doing that shop), so it would be deductible, but I don't generally keep track of mileage, although I guess I should.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2021 05:14PM by MisterBill.
You're worried about going over $1 on your Five Guys order, but you don't keep track of your mileage? SMH...you're missing out on one of the best tax deductions we can get.

*****************************************************************************
The more I learn about people...the more I like my dog..

Mark Twain
So I did the shop and did not get the shake, and they didn't even ask me "Why didn't you order one" when submitting the shop. Also discovered that Connecticut (or DoorDash in CT) charges sales tax on delivery fees! I broke it out and only included the tax for the food in the food price and put everything else in the delivery fees section.
New strangeness in rotation and delivery shops. I now no longer see in-person shops for the location I did today, but I do see a second delivery shop (the one I did today was left over from July). Not that it matters since I'm not going back to do an in-person shop, but this makes me wonder if I'm not going to see in-person shops for my local FG for a while, since I did a delivery shop there. Really wish they would fix this obvious bug. And when I ask the about it, they say, "We don't see any reason why you can't see the shops".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2021 01:25AM by MisterBill.
@MisterBill wrote:

New strangeness in rotation and delivery shops. I now no longer see in-person shops for the location I did today, but I do see a second delivery shop (the one I did today was left over from July). Not that it matters since I'm not going back to do an in-person shop, but this makes me wonder if I'm not going to see in-person shops for my local FG for a while, since I did a delivery shop there. Really wish they would fix this obvious bug. And when I ask the about it, they say, "We don't see any reason why you can't see the shops".

I guess this is happening to me as well. I did a delivery shop a couple weeks ago for the location closest to me, and although I don't see any dine-in or carry-out/online order shops for this location in all the new September listings, I do see the delivery option for September for this location. I wasn't sure if it was just because all the dine-in/carry-out shops for this restaurant were already assigned, since 5G shops are pretty popular in my area. But if you are experiencing the same "disappeared shops" for a recent delivery location, then maybe it is an across-the-board thing for the MSC now. I do remember it used to be that if you took a delivery shop, you could still see/take the dine-in/carry-out shops for that rotation.
@sstsau wrote:

I do remember it used to be that if you took a delivery shop, you could still see/take the dine-in/carry-out shops for that rotation.
Sorry to hear that you're seeing it as well. What you described is how it SHOULD work. Even worse in my case, the last time this happened the in-restaurant shops disappeared for longer than the normal rotation. It's not good for me or for the MS company, because they often have trouble filling these shops.
I did a delivery shop and the dine in shops didn't disappear until a couple weeks later. I had thought I had been outed on a dine in shop AFTER my delivery shop for the location.

When I sent a message to one of the people that work for the MSC who posts here, they suddenly started showing up again.
Did my first 5 Guys shop since the reimbursement increase, but noticed they raised prices so still over the reimbursement for a small burger, fries, and drink. On Fridays I MAO for $25 which gets denied and if I am in the area and want a lunch get $25 on Sundays.
My local restaurant showed up again for in-store shopping after it had disappeared after doing hte delivery shop. This week they have a curbside dinner. However, this location has not done curbside for probably a year. I do not understand why they cannot get this right.
@MisterBill wrote:

My local restaurant showed up again for in-store shopping after it had disappeared after doing hte delivery shop. This week they have a curbside dinner. However, this location has not done curbside for probably a year. I do not understand why they cannot get this right.

I also see several curbside shops at various locations in my area for later in September. I'm pretty sure none of them have offered curbside for several months now. I was unlucky and had a curbside shop when they first stopped offering them way back when, and I had to report it as a closed location (with only the $3 fee since they didn't require an in-person closed-location check). Too bad, since my fee as assigned had been bonused. I've avoided the stray curbside shops I've seen since then, which were usually only one or two random shops on the board that I figured might be errors. But there's one week in September where 3-4 stores have curbside shops... I don't understand it either, seems like those are just missed opportunities since they'll have to just be reported as closed.
@sstsau wrote:

But there's one week in September where 3-4 stores have curbside shops... I don't understand it either, seems like those are just missed opportunities since they'll have to just be reported as closed.
Yes, they seem to be doing a whole batch of them again, even though most aren't doing it. In fact, even the store where I regularly did curbside last year is no longer offering it. Really stupid, and made even worse by them not letting you just do an in-store pickup if the store doesn't do curbside. And it will piss off a bunch of shoppers who get stiffed on their meal and most of the fee.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2021 05:42AM by MisterBill.
I had a phone assignment with a $19 fee, $14.20 reimbursement for Curbside, order online. This location does not offer Curbside. The instruction is not to do Pickup, just report it as a Closed location. I felt ripped off of my dinner.
Same...$24 for a curbside, but no curbside. I wondered why the phone call scheduler was so quick to say yes to my $24 request. Ha...$3.00 coming my way, but at least I didn't have to make the trip.

*****************************************************************************
The more I learn about people...the more I like my dog..

Mark Twain
I also was put off by the errors. I did a Curbside pickup. Called the location to confirm they do not have Curbside, was told just call us when you are in the parking lot and we will deliver to your car. So I was confused as to whether or not to place the order which would not show as ordered on line. Ordered anyway from the urging of the crew member, was reimbursed $3.00. So no more online ordering for me.
@MsJudi wrote:

Same...$24 for a curbside, but no curbside. I wondered why the phone call scheduler was so quick to say yes to my $24 request. Ha...$3.00 coming my way, but at least I didn't have to make the trip.
The problem is that it likely takes you out of rotation for a few weeks, so you can't get a dine-in shop for $24 or whatever you usually get.
Nope..I was called to do a dine-in the next week for the bonus pay.


@MisterBill wrote:

@MsJudi wrote:

Same...$24 for a curbside, but no curbside. I wondered why the phone call scheduler was so quick to say yes to my $24 request. Ha...$3.00 coming my way, but at least I didn't have to make the trip.
The problem is that it likely takes you out of rotation for a few weeks, so you can't get a dine-in shop for $24 or whatever you usually get.

*****************************************************************************
The more I learn about people...the more I like my dog..

Mark Twain
@MsJudi wrote:

Nope..I was called to do a dine-in the next week for the bonus pay.
Well, that's good to hear. So the system is smarter than I gave them credit for.
Just got the prompt to complete Five Guys Recertification when I logged into the job board. It was pretty straightforward, no real surprises.
When is MAO typically posted?

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
@HonnyBrown wrote:

When is MAO typically posted?
Seems to vary. I think it's been as early as Thursday of late. Surprised it isn't already on this week, given that it's a holiday weekend.
The instructions wouldn't load using the Firefox browser. Help Desk suggested Chrome, which I only have on my laptop.
@sstsau wrote:

Just got the prompt to complete Five Guys Recertification when I logged into the job board. It was pretty straightforward, no real surprises.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. Eleanor Roosevelt
MAO up today. Just got $25 for my usual local spot. Was considering waiting until next week to get the shake shop, but will try to do a different location then which they usually have trouble filling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2021 06:26PM by MisterBill.
It didn't appear until I tried to assign a shop (actually, submit an MAO, but it starts the same way). Then I was given a link to the certification.
@big_sky_thunder wrote:

I logged in this morning, sept. 3, Friday, and there was nothing about the certification.

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
Wow, I just got called on a Wednesday by a scheduler and offered $25 for a shop for this coming weekend. It was actually a shop that I wanted, which was great, since now I don't have to wait for MAO. Sadly, I thought it was the shake shop, but I was mistaken. Asked about a second location (which actually does have a shake) and she claimed it was not available, but it's still on the site. Presumably they will call me at some point.

Update -- did a $25 MAO for the shake shop and got approved.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2021 05:08PM by MisterBill.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login