Shell shops

Does anyone know who is scheduling the Shell shops now? Kern is no longer doing it. Did another company get the account?

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

Near me, but not in my town, Shell has been re-branded. Where are the remaining Shell locations? tia.

Things are not to be judged good or bad merely because the public think so. - Tacitus
_____
I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born. - Ronald Reagan
_____


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2021 11:54PM by Shop-et-al.
@Shop-et-al That is very interesting. Where are you located and what is their new name? I'm in Texas and Shell's are on almost every corner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2021 12:12AM by barbage.
In Northern Colorado, some former Shell locations are now branded as Loaf 'n' Jug. I do not know what is happening elsewhere...

Things are not to be judged good or bad merely because the public think so. - Tacitus
_____
I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born. - Ronald Reagan
_____
Yes, I just received an email that KSS is off the account. Ouch. Oh well, c’est la vie. I was still waiting to hear back from a KSS scheduler from middle of last week, lololol, guess I won’t hold my breath on THAT one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2021 01:04AM by ColoKate63.
I don't suppose better and more frequent bonuses will be forthcoming? No, of course not.

Anyone going to go to the webinar 3/16? I might, just for S&G.

sestrahelena


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2021 01:29AM by sestrahelena.
@ColoKate63 wrote:

Yes, I just received an email that KSS is off the account. Ouch. Oh well, c’est la vie. I was still waiting to hear back from a KSS scheduler from middle of last week, lololol, guess I won’t hold my breath on THAT one.

In CA, KSS is still scheduling, at least I saw some in the last 48 hours.
I don't do these, as I did them in 2000 and the pay is the same. hahahaha
@SoCalMama wrote:

@ColoKate63 wrote:

Yes, I just received an email that KSS is off the account. Ouch. Oh well, c’est la vie. I was still waiting to hear back from a KSS scheduler from middle of last week, lololol, guess I won’t hold my breath on THAT one.

In CA, KSS is still scheduling, at least I saw some in the last 48 hours.
I don't do these, as I did them in 2000 and the pay is the same. hahahaha

Guess you're not in the email loop. CA is being scheduled by Jennifer Barrick from the MSP, effective today. I don't turn my nose up at any work that pays well. FYI, there are route shoppers doing gas stations out there making so much money, they can't qualify for the stimulus checks - they earn too much. (hahahahaha indeed!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2021 03:43AM by ColoKate63.
@sestrahelena wrote:

I don't suppose better and more frequent bonuses will be forthcoming? No, of course not.

Anyone going to go to the webinar 3/16? I might, just for S&G.

Sestra, if there were EVER a time to make a bid for a heavily bonused route, it would be now. Have you seen how many Shell shops haven't been done?

It's incredible to me how obtuse certain people have been to the fact that there's a 100-year pandemic out there, and that many people simply aren't willing to risk their health for $12.50 plus $6 reimbursement. I've been keeping a tally in my area of the Shell shops (oh, and ExxonMobil is next up) - they aren't moving.

Go for it.
@ColoKate63 wrote:

@SoCalMama wrote:

@ColoKate63 wrote:

Yes, I just received an email that KSS is off the account. Ouch. Oh well, c’est la vie. I was still waiting to hear back from a KSS scheduler from middle of last week, lololol, guess I won’t hold my breath on THAT one.

In CA, KSS is still scheduling, at least I saw some in the last 48 hours.
I don't do these, as I did them in 2000 and the pay is the same. hahahaha

Guess you're not in the email loop. CA is being scheduled by Jennifer Barrick from the MSP, effective today. I don't turn my nose up at any work that pays well. FYI, there are route shoppers doing gas stations out there making so much money, they can't qualify for the stimulus checks - they earn too much. (hahahahaha indeed!)
Guess not.
I haven't seen any today, so I'm sure you are right.
No, I make too much for a stimulus check as well.
Mama says (shades of the Shirelles)--I don't do these, as I did them in 2000 and the pay is the same.

Bob agrees--Folks, it is actually worse, as inflation has reduced the fees from 21 years ago. These mammoth oil companies can well afford to pay more, but with shoppers lining up at less, they not only do not have any reason to ante up, they would be quite foolish to take such an action. After all is said and done, this IS still business!
Removed
Moderator Note:

Post removed for violation of Posting Guidelines. "Do not reveal the clients of mystery shopping companies". Feel free to re-post without the violation. Thank you.

I received an email from a scheduler yesterday afternoon offering $175 each for six gas station shops, to be performed today. They were on the MSC’s Sassie board. That’s $1,000+ to do six stations ASAP.
I was working and missed them, but someone out there is VERY happy today.
this will be interesting to see how “bonuses” are given out as opposed to the client kss still has(presumably?).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2021 11:57PM by jay225.
Oh, certainly not EVERYTHING about Jennifer has been negative!

While I find her correspondence...terse...it is normally on point and responsive to inquiries.

I can reckon she receives hundreds of e-mails daily, as these shops are not the only ones she's scheduling.

I just make sure I put the shop(s) I'm asking about in the e-mail subject line, and I always get a timely response.
For Shell?

@ColoKate63 wrote:

I received an email from a scheduler yesterday afternoon offering $175 each for six gas station shops, to be performed today. They were on the MSC’s Sassie board. That’s $1,000+ to do six stations ASAP.
I was working and missed them, but someone out there is VERY happy today.
Quoted portion removed

This post is pretty much the definition of an ICA violation.
Moderator Note:

Quoted portion removed for violation of Posting Guidelines, naming client and MSC in the same thread.

My experience with Jennifer has always been great, but she is not scheduling my area. sad smiley KSS has been beat up on here lately. I think it’s important to know the KSS does NOT set the bonuses. The MSC does. KSS can only give what they are told they can give. I have seen Lorri, Pete and Virginia go out of their way to help shoppers in areas they don’t control but the MSC does like pay, editor issues etc. KSS has always been a good reliable scheduling company. They have some schedulers that could use a training day in customer service but overall they work really hard for shoppers. Maybe all scheduling companies should have their schedulers “shopped” every now and then. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2021 11:12PM by mmsackett.
Moderator Note:

Post removed for violation of Posting Guidelines. "Do not reveal the clients of mystery shopping companies". Feel free to re-post without the violation. Thank you.

What gets me is that they’ve assigned TWO schedulers for the entire nation of yellow station shops....and I know those two schedulers also have other shops they schedule, although maybe those electronic shops are being reassigned? Can’t imagine how they will ever keep up...
A couple of you need to go back and edit your posts. You have inadvertently included the MSC and we have the name of the client in the post, which is a violation.
I must have always caught Jennifer on her chakra-aligned, positive vibe days. She’s been immensely helpful to me, to the point of sending me screenshots to help me navigate through a tricky situation on Shopmetrics.
Both of these schedulers schedule a ton. I will say, though, that I very much enjoy working with both of them.
ColoKate63 needs to put the $175 per shop in perspective. It wasn’t for Shell and they were scattered about Colorado and Wyoming. There was no way you could route those and I believe the scheduler assigned them to multiple people. Full disclosure that I did receive one of these.
@turfman wrote:

ColoKate63 needs to put the $175 per shop in perspective. It wasn’t for Shell and they were scattered about Colorado and Wyoming. There was no way you could route those and I believe the scheduler assigned them to multiple people. Full disclosure that I did receive one of these.

??? How slowly do you drive on an interstate???

There were six $175 shops: two in Northern CO and four in Southern WY - and you absolutely could have routed them. It is five hours and ten minutes total driving between all locations. (Google Map it)

Shoot, I could have done that all before lunch. And been home for pot roast by 7 pm.
A better question is: how quickly can you traverse the Southern WY interstate if it has been closed due to a rollover, blowing snow, or crash? Strong winds cause frequent rollovers year-round. These roads close more often than the roads into Northern Colorado, but those also have issues from time to time.


@ColoKate63 wrote:

@turfman wrote:

ColoKate63 needs to put the $175 per shop in perspective. It wasn’t for Shell and they were scattered about Colorado and Wyoming. There was no way you could route those and I believe the scheduler assigned them to multiple people. Full disclosure that I did receive one of these.

??? How slowly do you drive on an interstate???

There were six $175 shops: two in Northern CO and four in Southern WY - and you absolutely could have routed them. It is five hours and ten minutes total driving between all locations. (Google Map it)

Shoot, I could have done that all before lunch. And been home for pot roast by 7 pm.

Things are not to be judged good or bad merely because the public think so. - Tacitus
_____
I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born. - Ronald Reagan
_____
@Shop-et-al wrote:

A better question is: how quickly can you traverse the Southern WY interstate if it has been closed due to a rollover, blowing snow, or crash? Strong winds cause frequent rollovers year-round. These roads close more often than the roads into Northern Colorado, but those also have issues from time to time.


@ColoKate63 wrote:

@turfman wrote:

ColoKate63 needs to put the $175 per shop in perspective. It wasn’t for Shell and they were scattered about Colorado and Wyoming. There was no way you could route those and I believe the scheduler assigned them to multiple people. Full disclosure that I did receive one of these.

??? How slowly do you drive on an interstate???

There were six $175 shops: two in Northern CO and four in Southern WY - and you absolutely could have routed them. It is five hours and ten minutes total driving between all locations. (Google Map it)

Shoot, I could have done that all before lunch. And been home for pot roast by 7 pm.


LOLOLOL it was 64 F yesterday, sunny and beautiful all day... what the pilots call “severe clear.”Despite what flatlanders think, we aren’t six feet deep in blizzards here 365 days a year. Oh, and the direction from CO to WY is due North, not East-West. There’s no “traversing Wyoming” involved.
<<eyeroll>>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2021 02:55PM by ColoKate63.
Uhhhh I’m confused. It’s a 4 hour drive just between Greely and Casper... I didn’t pay attention to where the other two in WY were so they could’ve been close by, but you still have to get back from Casper....to NoCo is 3 hours....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login