Sonic Mystery shopping

If you are using an app to do your reports, try taking a screen shot of the current shop in the app first, then all pics after that will be of the current shop.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

I have always ordered the same thing and have never had any problem. With the new - at least to me, I haven't done one in a while - advisement to get as little of the car interior as possible in the photo I'm using the wrapper and the bag as background so I guess we'll see if those very similar photos cause a problem.

@Morledzep wrote:

I work for the company that does Sonic shops. The Sonic shops don't pay, and if you order the same thing on two consecutive shops they will tell you that you sent the same pictures to them for both shops. I won't do them anymore. There is no recourse once they decide not to pay for your work.
My going rate to do Sonic jobs is $15. There have been a few times when I accepted a job for $8-10 because I was going in that direction and I needed to eat lunch somewhere. The next time I applied for the same location, the MSC came back and said, "No, you accepted the job at a lower fee last time. You cannot get paid more." My advice, be careful what fee you are willing to accept because the MSC might lock you in at a particular fee.
Where I live in Florida they get snapped up at $4.50. If you want a free meal you better grab it or someone else will.
@Dandydew wrote:

My advice, be careful what fee you are willing to accept because the MSC might lock you in at a particular fee.

They will definitely try to lock you in like that but if you just keep saying "I can do it for X amount" they will frequently meet your price. After which, you are at that higher price again in their records.
mjt9598,

very sure, I have both files, and the hot dog I ordered in each shop looks slightly different because one store only put mustard on half of the hot dog. I even sent them all of photos in an email showing the different dates and times.. I never got paid for the second shop. So I don't do Sonic shops anymore.
I may be wrong, but I thought you could only do one shop during each meal period. That is one for lunch and one for dinner.
I just got a call from the scheduler and was able to talk them up to $30 on a location that I had previously gotten $25 for but it's been a few months.
@wrosie wrote:

I may be wrong, but I thought you could only do one shop during each meal period. That is one for lunch and one for dinner.

They have multiple time frames:
6:00 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. is breakfast
No shops allowed from 9:45 to 11:00
11-2 Lunch
2-5 Late Lunch
5-8 Dinner
8-Close late dinner

So depending on what time frame you're assigned you could potentially do five a day as long as you did them in the different time windows. Just be careful that you don't take two different fast food projects like a Sonic and a burger shop for the same time frame or both will be invalid. So no burger shop for lunch if you're doing an 11:00 to 5 Sonic winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2021 03:13AM by foodluvr.
@foodluvr wrote:

Just be careful that you don't take two different fast food projects like a Sonic and a burger shop for the same time frame or both will be invalid. So no burger shop for lunch if you're doing an 11:00 to 5 Sonic winking smiley
I've done that plenty of times and never had anything invalidated.
@boridi wrote:

@foodluvr wrote:

Just be careful that you don't take two different fast food projects like a Sonic and a burger shop for the same time frame or both will be invalid. So no burger shop for lunch if you're doing an 11:00 to 5 Sonic winking smiley
I've done that plenty of times and never had anything invalidated.

They weren't invalidated because doing them both is okay. The burger shop (same MS company) is "fast casual" while the Sonic shop is "fast food." Different categories. The "fast" word is confusing. As long as you don't do two of the same category in the same time frame, and have a reasonable amount of time between them (2 hours), it is acceptable, according to tbe MS company.
@Susan L. wrote:

@boridi wrote:

@foodluvr wrote:

Just be careful that you don't take two different fast food projects like a Sonic and a burger shop for the same time frame or both will be invalid. So no burger shop for lunch if you're doing an 11:00 to 5 Sonic winking smiley
I've done that plenty of times and never had anything invalidated.

They weren't invalidated because doing them both is okay. The burger shop (same MS company) is "fast casual" while the Sonic shop is "fast food." Different categories. The "fast" word is confusing. As long as you don't do two of the same category in the same time frame, and have a reasonable amount of time between them (2 hours), it is acceptable, according to tbe MS company.
I accepted an offer recently from a scheduler for a "who wants a burger?" dinner shop and then realized I had already scheduled a Sonic dinner shop on the same day. I emailed the help desk for clarification and was told in no uncertain terms that I had to give up one or they would both be invalidated, regardless of the fact it was different clients. No mention of "categories" was made.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2021 05:22AM by KokoBWare.
Earlier this year I did a Sonic, “who wants a burger” and a sit down restaurant all within the same meal period for this MSC and all were approved and paid. I’ve also found that the Help Desk offers conflicting and confusing advice.
@NinS wrote:

Earlier this year I did a Sonic, “who wants a burger” and a sit down restaurant all within the same meal period for this MSC and all were approved and paid. I’ve also found that the Help Desk offers conflicting and confusing advice.

This MSC has a sit down restaurant shop? I've only ever seen fast food and fast casual.

I agree that the Help Desk can give conflicting or unclear information/instructions. But I've never wanted to chance having shops rejected so I've followed their meal time/period rules.
I did one last week. It was on the board for $ 15 with Make A Offer. I offered $ 15.50 and it was declined.. There was only two days left for that cycle. Wonder why they declined $ 15.50? I took it for $ 15.00
There are some of the hard to fill areas in the midwest that were offering $45 for today.
They've had a small but national sit-down Mexican chain (which uses a variety of different brand names) on and off for some time. Usually reimbursement only, but really easy and they pay for the expensive parking in the area near me.. For a while I was going monthly but I haven't seen it since earlier in the winter. For over a year Coyle was shopping the same location each month, and they continue to, but the $15 fee would have been eaten by the parking. I hope it comes back to the Sonic MSC at some point.

@sstsau wrote:



This MSC has a sit down restaurant shop? I've only ever seen fast food and fast casual.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2021 07:46PM by NinS.
@NinS wrote:

And also like with Five Guys the form asks if you called before going. It's fine if you answer no (assuming the location is actually open when you go).

Thanks for this - I always say Yes because I was worried if I said no, it would cause issues (even though if I recall, the guidelines don't say you need to call first).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login