Arby's

Oops! Sorry.

Just wanted to say scam is a strong word to use for this legit MSC which is actually one where you can see the job details BEFORE accepting the job.

And, yes, ShopperBob, the report is much, much easier with an iPhone.

smiling smiley

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

You need to be able to take photos, but an app is not required. I happen to take photos with my smartphone, but any photo-taking device would do. I complete the report on my laptop at home. If you do it, be sure to remove the lid from the drink. The explanations are clear in the guidelines, except that there is no sandwich to "open", so I just lay the fish strips out next to the box (NJ and NY no longer allow the polystyrene container that the rest of the country uses). Trust me, you can do this.
@shopperbob wrote:

Two weeks ago, after not having shopped Arby's in 14 yrs., I received an offer approx. 1 1/2 miles from my house. As the details were sketchy, I sent a request to the scheduler, who promptly responded. She mentioned I could access the complete guidelines through an app, which removed me from consideration. It appears a SmartPhone is required for these jobs.

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
IMHO, this is in no sense a scam. Many MSCs have reimbursement limits that exceed the actual cost of an item. You always get back what it actually costs you to buy the item. Earlier this year, the cost was about $2.50 higher. It seems that they set the maximum amount at $12 to cover all versions of the limited-time offer.
@Dalewoosley wrote:

I took an Arby’s shop only to get my foot in the door with the MSC and try the new fish strips. The pay was six dollars in reimbursed up to $12. After I committed, I found out you could only order the small combo which ended up being $7.48. I feel I was scammed by the MSC.

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
I do it on my laptop. It is easy. How much easier could it get it I did it on my Android smartphone? Maybe I will try one that way next time.
@ceasesmith wrote:

Oops! Sorry.

Just wanted to say scam is a strong word to use for this legit MSC which is actually one where you can see the job details BEFORE accepting the job.

And, yes, ShopperBob, the report is much, much easier with an iPhone.

smiling smiley

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
I'll take two 32" monitors at home over a 6" phone any day of the week. The only time I login with my phone, would be to upload the pictures directly from my phone instead of emailing the photos to myself and then saving and uploading.

The only way the phone is better is using voice entry for the narrative sections. But then having to check to make sure it picked up words correctly and punctuation, it might not save you that much time.
Me, too, until I got a smart phone and started using apps!

Believe me, if I drive 7-10 hours, it's huge not facing hours of submitting reports when I get home!

smiling smiley

@Isaiah4031a wrote:

I always do my reports on a computer at home.
@myst4au wrote:

IMHO, this is in no sense a scam. Many MSCs have reimbursement limits that exceed the actual cost of an item. You always get back what it actually costs you to buy the item. Earlier this year, the cost was about $2.50 higher. It seems that they set the maximum amount at $12 to cover all versions of the limited-time offer.
@Dalewoosley wrote:

I took an Arby’s shop only to get my foot in the door with the MSC and try the new fish strips. The pay was six dollars in reimbursed up to $12. After I committed, I found out you could only order the small combo which ended up being $7.48. I feel I was scammed by the MSC.

Agree, scam is definitely too strong a word. But I do seem to remember in the past they wouldn't restrict you to a small, which gave you the option of getting a little more food and still getting fully reimbursed.
@tigerdave wrote:

@Dalewoosley wrote:

I took an Arby’s shop only to get my foot in the door with the MSC and try the new fish strips. The pay was six dollars in reimbursed up to $12. After I committed, I found out you could only order the small combo which ended up being $7.48. I feel I was scammed by the MSC.

Agree, scam is definitely too strong a word. But I do seem to remember in the past they wouldn't restrict you to a small, which gave you the option of getting a little more food and still getting fully reimbursed.[/quote]

I honestly don't remember being able to get a larger size meal.. But I don't understand how not having to use all of the reimbursement allowance is a scam. You're still going to be paid to do the job, and be reimbursed for the amount of money you spent on the food.
I've selected a lunch shop on a specific date. When I open the guidelines it indicates I can perform on any date up to the date I selected. So if I initially selected 8/4 can I perform it on 7/30?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2022 10:13AM by maverick1.
If that is what it says, then yes.
@maverick1 wrote:

I've selected a lunch shop on a specific date. When I open the guidelines it indicates I can perform on any date up to the date I selected. So if I initially selected 8/4 can I perform it on 7/30?

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
@Morledzep wrote:

@tigerdave wrote:

@Dalewoosley wrote:

I took an Arby’s shop only to get my foot in the door with the MSC and try the new fish strips. The pay was six dollars in reimbursed up to $12. After I committed, I found out you could only order the small combo which ended up being $7.48. I feel I was scammed by the MSC.

Agree, scam is definitely too strong a word. But I do seem to remember in the past they wouldn't restrict you to a small, which gave you the option of getting a little more food and still getting fully reimbursed.

I honestly don't remember being able to get a larger size meal.. But I don't understand how not having to use all of the reimbursement allowance is a scam. You're still going to be paid to do the job, and be reimbursed for the amount of money you spent on the food.[/quote]

Yeah, I may be thinking of the previous MSC that would allow you to get any size.
Ok, another question on these shops. It asks the exact time you placed your order. Do y'all use the time you began ordering, or when you finished placing the order? Normally they'll specify. I don't think it even really matters, since they appear to only care about the time between arriving at the window and receiving your food, but I was just curious how others are doing it.
@tigerdave wrote:

Ok, another question on these shops. It asks the exact time you placed your order. Do y'all use the time you began ordering, or when you finished placing the order? Normally they'll specify. I don't think it even really matters, since they appear to only care about the time between arriving at the window and receiving your food, but I was just curious how others are doing it.

I always use the time it was when I finished placing the order. But since it only takes less than a minute (usually) to place the order once you're waited on, I suppose it doesn't matter....

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
I did one of these in Central CA - cost of food was $8.98 - fish strips were "ok," nothing special, batter was still kind of gummy on the inside. I didn't pick up on any special "hushpuppy" taste - just batter-fried fish pieces with fries. Tartar sauce was pretty awful - not a spec of pickle to be seen, LOL. Easy shop, tho (drive-thru), easy report. It was posted with a $5 fee plus $12 expense limit.
I laugh every time I read their guidelines because it stresses how you need to be exact with all your times and the client will verify it with timestamped video. If the client is verifying everything via video, why do they need times from the shopper?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login