Pet Peeves

What are your pet peeves? My biggest one is people who leave their shopping carts everywhere except where they belong. Another is people who don't pick up after themselves or their dog.

What's done is done. An egg cracked cannot be cured.
There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

@sassymmmmm

I went grocery shopping once and when I was about to leave the parking lot, a person with a brown poo stain on his sweatpants parked his shopping cart directly behind another car. The carriage area to put away your carts was literally a couple feet away. I remember that the whale and his whale of a girlfriend/spouse stacked their carriage full of beer and junkfood when they were checking out. I wanted to pimp-slap that whale so bad, but as a respectable member of society I refrained from doing so.

Here's one: [hooktube.com] (Cue Trigglypuff.)

"Real reform means strong border security, and we can build on the progress my Administration has already made--putting more boots on the southern border than at any time in our history, and reducing illegal crossings to their lowest levels in 40 years."
(Zero, SOTU 2013)
Cars that drive too close to me, honking through tunnels, noisey people, Mothers that don't watch or ignore their screaming babies, rudeness, liars, not keeping one's word, men that are cheap,.misplaced vanity.

Be Yourself, Everyone Else Is Taken.....
@DavePi wrote:

@sassymmmmm

I went grocery shopping once and when I was about to leave the parking lot, a person with a brown poo stain on his sweatpants parked his shopping cart directly behind another car. The carriage area to put away your carts was literally a couple feet away. I remember that the whale and his whale of a girlfriend/spouse stacked their carriage full of beer and junkfood when they were checking out. I wanted to pimp-slap that whale so bad, but as a respectable member of society I refrained from doing so.
I know the feeling. I've twice had someone leave their shopping cart behind MY car and then taken off. Both times I didn't even have a cart myself and thought I'd saved myself a trip. But no I HAD to return someone else's cart just so I could leave.

What's done is done. An egg cracked cannot be cured.
There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.
People who throw their cigarette butts out of the car window. Women that hit their children in a public restroom and act like they didn't expect me to slam them into the wall. Supervisors / Managers who are passive-aggressive. Adult children who still act like you are mainly responsible for the results of everything even when they didn't accept your input. A half an hour drive from the cabin to the nearest store for ice cream only to open it and find it has frostbite.
Endless e-mails from Intelli-shop about the same fast food restaurant that nobody wants to do!!!!! They're sending them with various tag-lines to try and drum up interest but still just a minimum fee. ARGH!!!!!!!! Time to end email offers at least for a while. If I want to know about available shops, I'll go on their site. It's a whole lot less aggravating.

What's done is done. An egg cracked cannot be cured.
There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.
Me, entering a retail establishment where I plan to spend even a nominal amount of money, "Good morning. How are you today?" Sales clerk, staring like I just arrived in my spaceship from Neptar, "Fine. Thanks for asking." No return of the simple courtesy. That's one of my "hot buttons." A general lack of manners and courtesy, and a sense of entitlement are "right up there."
@sassymmmm wrote:

Endless e-mails from Intelli-shop about the same fast food restaurant that nobody wants to do!!!!!
That whopping $2 bonus isn't enough for you to drive out there? /sarc

"Real reform means strong border security, and we can build on the progress my Administration has already made--putting more boots on the southern border than at any time in our history, and reducing illegal crossings to their lowest levels in 40 years."
(Zero, SOTU 2013)
@iShop123 wrote:

@sassymmmm wrote:

Endless e-mails from Intelli-shop about the same fast food restaurant that nobody wants to do!!!!!
That whopping $2 bonus isn't enough for you to drive out there? /sarc
Not even if I could walk there. lol

What's done is done. An egg cracked cannot be cured.
There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.
Road construction. I know it has to be done but it just makes me crazy. Whenever I drive by one of the many "projects" from Caltrans all I see are guys sitting around yakking. It takes years to complete and our freeways are stil horrible. I live in a rural area that has Indian reservations. One of the reservations paid for an update on one of the mountain roads. It was completed and beautiful in about 2 months. Caltrans really does take years - government at its best.
Bicycle riders on our mountain roads who ride 2 or 3 across, blocking my car, and either pretend they don't know I am behind them, or (more common) don't care. I can't tell you the number of times I have mentally mowed them down. While I'm on mountain drivers, people who don't understand that when they have a string of cars behind them they need to find a nice safe place to pull over.
Rudeness, especially when I witness or hear about customers treating employees as if they are garbage. I rarely see rudeness from employees, be it when I'm working or not. When I do, I usually say "Excuse me, let's not be rude." For customers, its different. I'll either say something, or just annoy them.

Another pet peeve is bad grammar, as well as people using $100 words to make a $2 point.
Math students who refuse to do homework... and then complain that the tests are too hard.

Hard work builds character and homework is good for your soul.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2017 04:39PM by MFJohnston.
Last peeve, those on forum that take it into their hands to correct another for a misspelled word, we can all see it, don't point it out, not your job. ....get your power another way....

Be Yourself, Everyone Else Is Taken.....
THIS: Thank goodness there is this $8 reimbursement shop so I can pay off my Holiday bills!

Help Pay off those holiday bills! Shops take about 10 mins to complete!
Trash
x

heather.aiello@intelli-shop.com via bems3.sassieshop.com
2:26 PM (2 minutes ago)

to me
Find the latest available IntelliShop shops on a map: [prestomap.com]
... or download the new Presto Insta-Shopper mobile app for faster searching: [site.sassieshop.com]

Easy Fast Food Shop!

COMMENTS:

Easy Fast Food Shop!
DAYS: Friday, Saturday, or Sunday

TIMES: LATE-NIGHT: 9:00pm-5:59am - which may fall after your due date that is ok!

SHOP PAY: Flat Total $8.00 - you must order a burger, fry and a drink (can be water)
And THIS: I'm going to travel however many miles, do all of the reconnaissance, take all of the pics including the restroom possible for $7 and a candy bar, I'll get right on that!



WESTERN REFINING MYSTERY SHOP
SHIFT REQUIREMENT - SEE GUIDELINES
SPECIFIC ITEM PURCHASE
REIMBURSED FOR PURCHASE
Address: Blah, blah, blahhhhhhhhh
Due: 01/07/2018 06:00 PM | Fee Rate: 7.00 USD
@sassymmmm wrote:

What are your pet peeves? My biggest one is people who leave their shopping carts everywhere except where they belong. Another is people who don't pick up after themselves or their dog.


I'm the person who will straighten the carts in the corral so I can fit my cart in the corral. Then there's the person, who watches me do it and then on purpose shoves the cart in the corral willy nilly.

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning; the devil shudders...And yells OH #%*+! SHE'S AWAKE!
@MFJohnston wrote:

Math students who refuse to do homework... and then complain that the tests are too hard.

As a former math student, I applaud this pet peeve. I'm so sorry I took the time to do my homework and blew the curve for slackers. Why was it my responsibility to be a mediocre student, because the other students couldn't be bothered to take 3 hours out of their life to improve themselves?

Last I heard, good math instructors & professors never minded a student asking questions. As a matter a fact, the majority of teachers in my life encouraged questions because it helped the other students and themselves.

I love your pet peeve!

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning; the devil shudders...And yells OH #%*+! SHE'S AWAKE!
@MA Smith wrote:

I'm the person who will straighten the carts in the corral so I can fit my cart in the corral. Then there's the person, who watches me do it and then on purpose shoves the cart in the corral willy nilly.


...or doesn't bother to corral it at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 04:15AM by stormraven73.
@stormraven73 wrote:

@MA Smith wrote:

I'm the person who will straighten the carts in the corral so I can fit my cart in the corral. Then there's the person, who watches me do it and then on purpose shoves the cart in the corral willy nilly.


...or doesn't bother to corral it at all.

These people have never had a cart hit their car or if they have don't mind the bump in their insurance bill to fix the dent.

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning; the devil shudders...And yells OH #%*+! SHE'S AWAKE!
I straighten carts in the corral even when I don't have a cart, it bugs me so much. I will also take a loose cart from the parking lot and take it up to the store on my way in even if I don't need a cart myself. I used to think that this was the pinnacle of shopping cart courtesy until I noticed a few people doing this with MULTIPLE carts. Now that's being a dedicated cart returner!!! LOL

There are times when I've seen people leave their carts outside of the corral that I've been tempted to take their cart and "accidentally on purpose" shove it into their car. But with the prevalence of guns in the hands of very angry people, I'm afraid to risk it.

What's done is done. An egg cracked cannot be cured.
There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.
@sassymmmm wrote:

I straighten carts in the corral even when I don't have a cart, it bugs me so much. I will also take a loose cart from the parking lot and take it up to the store on my way in even if I don't need a cart myself. I used to think that this was the pinnacle of shopping cart courtesy until I noticed a few people doing this with MULTIPLE carts. Now that's being a dedicated cart returner!!! LOL

There are times when I've seen people leave their carts outside of the corral that I've been tempted to take their cart and "accidentally on purpose" shove it into their car. But with the prevalence of guns in the hands of very angry people, I'm afraid to risk it.

I actually laughed out loud when I read this one! Thanks it made my day.

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning; the devil shudders...And yells OH #%*+! SHE'S AWAKE!
Y'all have been taking care of my carts because I leave them where ever they land, and I thank you for that.

And if you're helping with the carts you're only taking money out of the cart-baggers pockets. Ask them, they look forward to being able to go outside and in the corrals to gather carts rather than standing at the check-out and bagging groceries.
@spicy1 wrote:

Y'all have been taking care of my carts because I leave them where ever they land, and I thank you for that.

And if you're helping with the carts you're only taking money out of the cart-baggers pockets. Ask them, they look forward to being able to go outside and in the corrals to gather carts rather than standing at the check-out and bagging groceries.
If you're not kidding, I have no words for you since the ones that come to mind would probably get my post deleted. When the temperature around here is 120 or in North Dakota it's -50 and baggers have to run all around the parking lot retrieving stray carts, getting frostbite or heatstroke, I think there's something wrong with leaving your cart out. When I get dings in my car or a nice close in parking space is blocked because of a stray cart, I'm probably going to cuss the person who was responsible. It only takes a little effort to return a cart to a corral and I will make that effort.

What's done is done. An egg cracked cannot be cured.
There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 10:28PM by sassymmmm.
@spicy1 wrote:

Ask them, they look forward to being able to go outside and in the corrals to gather carts rather than standing at the check-out and bagging groceries.

In the corrals, yes; all over the lot, not so much. And YOU are taking money out of OUR pockets when your stray cart hits our vehicles.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login