What is your New Year's resolution?

It's that time of the year. Anyone making a New Year's resolution?

My New Year's resolution is trying to have more patience.

BTW, Happy New Year's to all. I will enjoy going into 2019 with everyone here.

Shopping Arkansas, Louisiana, & Mississippi.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2018 12:46PM by ArkLaMissshopping.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

Resolved: shop-et-al is shop less and do other things more.

The head learns new things, but the heart forever practices old experiences. - Henry Ward Beecher
Shop-et-al, resolved or resolution? You are not quitting shopping, are you?

Shopping Arkansas, Louisiana, & Mississippi.
it is a done deal. I will shop, etc. much less and do other things more. One approach is to wait a few months until I am in rotation for everything and then spend a few busy days completing a flurry of shops. After that, I could take months off and do other things again. Recently I added more local work and that schedule is kicking my butt. In order to have time for sleeping and other things, I have to rein in the shopping hours.

The head learns new things, but the heart forever practices old experiences. - Henry Ward Beecher
Stop looking for love in all the wrong places (just kidding).....I'm always dieting, so that's not new, but maintaining good heath, travel a bit more and look for a place to move to eventually when I can't take the stairs and my Arthritis prevents me from working. Shopping stays the same, work for the big bucks and always be true to myself.

Create a life that feels good on the inside, not one that just looks good on the outside.....
Dr. Judith Wright
I have an actual resolution. It is the result of managing time and energy better. It is that I will never again feel inspired to break out into song...

Crud and kleenex, crud and kleenex
Go together li-ke Tex and Me-x,
This I tell you, brother
You can't have one without the other
Crud and kleenex...

i actually did that during one of the whopper sinus infections that I got during the year. That cannot happen again. shakes head sadly

The head learns new things, but the heart forever practices old experiences. - Henry Ward Beecher
I'm a work in progress, so I don't make NY resolutions.

My last one was to try all of the chardonnays in Total Wines. To date, I'm at the 'G's.

The internet doesn't make you smart. It makes you good at regurgitation.
I'm still working on resolutions from last year. I'm trying to find out what MSC does some of the awesome shops mentioned on this site. Happy New Year everyone!
I just thought of a real resolution...that they change the ICA laws and allow us (at the New Year) to ask and find out (just one) who does what, mine is Chris Ruth's or Mimi's.

Create a life that feels good on the inside, not one that just looks good on the outside.....
Dr. Judith Wright
If I was going to make a resolution for the new year it would be to not break my perfect record of never even one time having made a New Year's resolution.
Yea, I don't make unrealistic demands on myself due to the change of a calendar, especially since when you fail at it for most of us it actually is mentally detrimental. I don't need that....Happy New Year, I will probably be in bed by 10PM. Maybe I should start a thread asking what they hype is about. Not tied to any religion, major event in our country history, or significant person, yet we celebrate it like it is. I never got this holiday.

Orlando - lightly shopping NC


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2019 02:56AM by oteixeira.
I don't really do resolutions at the new year. But I really need to lose weight, especially since my family is going to go on a vacation that will involve lots of walking in May. I want to be able to DO it all and to look GOOD in photos smiling smiley

So....got a gym membership and have gone every single day since December 21 (except Christmas and today/tomorrow...I got there too late today, as they were closing at noon and I didn't know that. Also closed tomorrow. ) I'm hoping I will stick it out...haha smiling smiley
It's easy to get around that by describing the MSC without actually using the name--like Charades. It can also help to mention the MSC/shop platform.

@Irene_L.A. wrote:

I just thought of a real resolution...that they change the ICA laws and allow us (at the New Year) to ask and find out (just one) who does what, mine is Chris Ruth's or Mimi's.
When I was younger, this holiday, for me, was more of a reason to go out and party. Now, I use this holiday to get into bed and get to sleep before all the firecrackers start going and keep me up all night. Ha-ha. I am just happy to be going into 2019. I celebrate this holiday because I survived the entire past year. I am still above ground...to me, that's a reason to celebrate.

@oteixeira wrote:

Yea, I don't make unrealistic demands on myself due to the change of a calendar, especially since when you fail at it for most of us it actually is mentally detrimental. I don't need that....Happy New Year, I will probably be in bed by 10PM. Maybe I should start a thread asking what they hype is about. Not tied to any religion, major event in our country history, or significant person, yet we celebrate it like it is. I never got this holiday.

Shopping Arkansas, Louisiana, & Mississippi.
It's now 3 am where I am. I've been up all night with my son. We've been sitting here together watching old "Touched by an Angel" episodes, as I get weepy and he makes fun of me. We're cuddled under blankets because it's so cold outside and spending some time together. Good thing we can sleep in tomorrow! smiling smiley

I had all my party days in my 20's, also
This is too sweet! I love it!

@Jill_L wrote:

It's now 3 am where I am. I've been up all night with my son. We've been sitting here together watching old "Touched by an Angel" episodes, as I get weepy and he makes fun of me. We're cuddled under blankets because it's so cold outside and spending some time together. Good thing we can sleep in tomorrow! smiling smiley

I had all my party days in my 20's, also

Shopping Arkansas, Louisiana, & Mississippi.
@ArkLaMissshopping wrote:

When I was younger, this holiday, for me, was more of a reason to go out and party. Now, I use this holiday to get into bed and get to sleep before all the firecrackers start going and keep me up all night. Ha-ha. I am just happy to be going into 2019. I celebrate this holiday because I survived the entire past year. I am still above ground...to me, that's a reason to celebrate.

Actually, I think you are saying the same thing I am. You say you celebrate the holiday because you survived the year, but what if I tell you every day you get up you survived the past year? You could celebrate on the first day of spring, or summer, or fall, if those are your favorite season. You could celebrate on tax day (though I wouldn't recommend it). We just pick this day as an arbitrary day to celebrate it. Shoot, even a lot of companies don't use Jan 1 as the start of their business year.

So, I don't celebrate as others do (but also used it as a reason to party when I was young), but I do celebrate each day that I wake up alive, but thanking my maker, and trying to do the best I can. And that is something I can wish to all of you, celebrate each day you wake up, and live it to the fullest, and I wish you all a great day today!

Orlando - lightly shopping NC
I tend to take day-by-day for granted. I need down time like the holidays to reflect and be thankful. I thank my maker every day for what he does for me but, I don't really celebrate each day. My life gets so busy I wonder if I will even get sleep sometimes. Maybe I need to add "mediation" to my New Year's resolution. I really do need to celebrate more daily. Life goes by so fast, it makes sense to celebrate daily.

@oteixeira wrote:

@ArkLaMissshopping wrote:

When I was younger, this holiday, for me, was more of a reason to go out and party. Now, I use this holiday to get into bed and get to sleep before all the firecrackers start going and keep me up all night. Ha-ha. I am just happy to be going into 2019. I celebrate this holiday because I survived the entire past year. I am still above ground...to me, that's a reason to celebrate.

Actually, I think you are saying the same thing I am. You say you celebrate the holiday because you survived the year, but what if I tell you every day you get up you survived the past year? You could celebrate on the first day of spring, or summer, or fall, if those are your favorite season. You could celebrate on tax day (though I wouldn't recommend it). We just pick this day as an arbitrary day to celebrate it. Shoot, even a lot of companies don't use Jan 1 as the start of their business year.

So, I don't celebrate as others do (but also used it as a reason to party when I was young), but I do celebrate each day that I wake up alive, but thanking my maker, and trying to do the best I can. And that is something I can wish to all of you, celebrate each day you wake up, and live it to the fullest, and I wish you all a great day today!

Shopping Arkansas, Louisiana, & Mississippi.
After falling off the diet wagon the past few weeks I'm resolving to get back on starting tomorrow.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. Eleanor Roosevelt
@ArkLaMissshopping, maybe try a gratitude journal. Each day at the end or near the end of the day write down what you are grateful for that day. At the end of the week it really opens your eyes as to how much you are just speeding by to get everything done that we need to do in our lives.

Orlando - lightly shopping NC
I am resolving to: 1. waste less food.
2. Waste less time on internet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2019 11:17PM by prince.
Not a resolution, but perhaps focusing on intention, being less reactive. Manifesting joy and cultivating good things around me.
Just eating healthier and getting some weight off..its a challenge due to thyroid issues and having enough patience to wait for a really good new job since moving to a new city vs just taking just a mediocre one and not enjoying it
I like that!

@oteixeira wrote:

@ArkLaMissshopping, maybe try a gratitude journal. Each day at the end or near the end of the day write down what you are grateful for that day. At the end of the week it really opens your eyes as to how much you are just speeding by to get everything done that we need to do in our lives.

The internet doesn't make you smart. It makes you good at regurgitation.
How do you do that without becoming the kitchen trash can?

I don't eat a lot, but I like to cook. My produce goes bad before I can use it up and the meals I cook go bad before I finish them or think to freeze them.



@prince wrote:

I am resolving to: 1. waste less food.

The internet doesn't make you smart. It makes you good at regurgitation.
We both love to cook and try new recipes. Going to try to buy less produce and make a point of using it while it is good.
I just threw out a bunch of bell peppers, jalapenos, potatoes and avocados. It's cheaper for me to eat out, especially when I have a food shop.

The internet doesn't make you smart. It makes you good at regurgitation.
I agree with the food waste when you are single. When I was single I went out to eat most meals and had left overs. I would have easy stuff like cereal and chili and soup in the house, but rarely cooked.

Now, I have 4 kids. And I often have people over for dinner. And the kids have friends over.

When my kids were younger, I would make a casserole...bowl of spaghetti...fried chicken....whatever. I would cook 4-5 days a week and we would have left overs the other days


Now that they are teens and have friends over and stuff....I'm literally SHOCKED at how fast food goes. That old casserole...bowl of spaghetti....fried chicken...whatever, that would last a meal and one or two left overs...is now gone in one sitting!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login