I found a car! But can I be profitable MSing?

Ugh! Major jerk!

@ceasesmith wrote:

Because of his insisting on the $20, I had to do without wine for ten days, as I didn't then have enough cash to buy wine for myself.

And a glass of wine nightly is something I truly look forward to and enjoy.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

It's just the same good, reasonable advice I got here. I was just wondering why SCM said the whole thread is ridiculous.
Here's my guess- you said you can barely afford a car and are now thinking about one that will require 10k of cash in the first year or two to fix it and there are no mystery shopping jobs now anyway...
I thought I made it clear that I was no longer considering buying this car.

To a great extent, because of the info I got here from people with more experience with
"luxury vehicles" than I have.

I fail to see the ridiculousness of asking the community for input.

The input was valuable and greatly assisted me in making a decision.
@ceasesmith: I apologize. I have opened-- or attempted to open conversations-- and had the other party jump far beyond a conclusion and into outer space. Mind you, I did not begin in the most elegant way, but the other person finished it off in the most inglorious manner. You were clear in your intentions for your inquiry. Somewhere, someone forgot that you only wanted feedback and had changed your mind and went.. I dunno... somewhere...

If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music. - Gustav Mahler
And just who is the "other party" and "other person" you are referring to, SEA? Or are their multiple people who have somehow offended your sensibilities (or lack of)? GO ahead, call them (or us) out by name instead of making snide offhand remarks. Talk about outer space...

@Shop-et-al wrote:

@ceasesmith: I apologize. I have opened-- or attempted to open conversations-- and had the other party jump far beyond a conclusion and into outer space. Mind you, I did not begin in the most elegant way, but the other person finished it off in the most inglorious manner. You were clear in your intentions for your inquiry. Somewhere, someone forgot that you only wanted feedback and had changed your mind and went.. I dunno... somewhere...
They were not named because they are not part of this forum.

Did you just jump beyond a conclusion?

@JASFLALMT wrote:

And just who is the "other party" and "other person" you are referring to, SEA? Or are their multiple people who have somehow offended your sensibilities (or lack of)? GO ahead, call them (or us) out by name instead of making snide offhand remarks. Talk about outer space...

@Shop-et-al wrote:

@ceasesmith: I apologize. I have opened-- or attempted to open conversations-- and had the other party jump far beyond a conclusion and into outer space. Mind you, I did not begin in the most elegant way, but the other person finished it off in the most inglorious manner. You were clear in your intentions for your inquiry. Somewhere, someone forgot that you only wanted feedback and had changed your mind and went.. I dunno... somewhere...

If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music. - Gustav Mahler
Yeah right. Since you included it all in one paragraph in regards to cease's posts...someone as well-read as you claim to be should know that separate thoughts go into separate paragraphs. But I think we all know what you meant.
Due to an abundance of caution regarding potential editorial commentary and backlash, the following rules should be considered and voted on by the membership:

1. Before you post, PM JASFLALMT and consult with this shouting handle regarding how you may and may not respond based upon your own experiences which inform your understanding of life, the universe, everything, and assorted situations that are mentioned in this forum.

2. Be prepared for the forum equivalent of an automatic twelve point deduction for contacting the poster with a ginned up taunt.

3. Because with some people no explanation is possible, refrain from attempts to persuade. Leave the shouting handle alone.


@JASFLALMT wrote:

Yeah right. Since you included it all in one paragraph in regards to cease's posts...someone as well-read as you claim to be should know that separate thoughts go into separate paragraphs. But I think we all know what you meant.

If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music. - Gustav Mahler
It took you four freaking' days to come up with that nonsense? Who is shouting. No one. I (and others who have PMed me) who don't have you toggled already have no idea what you are talking about in the above post (big surprise). You are as clear as mud, SEA (as usual).

For the record, I hate gin.

Probably no one else in the forum finds this important enough to bother responding.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

Probably no one else in the forum finds this important enough to bother responding.

When somebody has 100 posts and 2 likes, on average, something is very wrong.
So childish, if jas and socal need to be heard so badly they need to be putting others' down, poor things
CC, when you get a stalker that follows YOU around the forum and posts snide remarks constantly wherever you are posting, then I will listen to your opinion.
@CravingCakes wrote:

So childish, if jas and socal need to be heard so badly they need to be putting others' down, poor things

Hi and bye to you spicy1
Spicy1, how we have not missed you? I should say, we didn't miss you and don't want to know how you are doing?
@CravingCakes wrote:

So childish, if jas and socal need to be heard so badly they need to be putting others' down, poor things
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login