Marketforce payment

Good morning. Has anyone been paid by Marketforce for jobs completed in June? I have only been shopping with them for a few months but have noticed they paid before the 10th for the last two months and this month I haven't been paid as of yet.

I also noticed on the site a message that read payments would be sent to their bank on Friday and would show up in our banks by Monday or Tuesday. For the last two months I have gotten a line item on my profile that showed how much I would be paid before the payment actually posted.

I've gotten an email into them this morning. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.

My experience with them is that they are highly responsive and reliable.

Please advise.

Thank you

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

The June payment showed in my bank first thing on Monday as 'pending'. The only thing I can't figure out is why it is $1 more than I expected. I am not going to waste my time or theirs trying to figure out what the difference is.

Direct deposits may take longer with some banks than others before they show up and my sense is that the funds were actually transmitted over the weekend. With my bank if I make a remote deposit right now it will show on my account as 'pending' immediately.
My June payment was in my bank on July 11. I've never had a delay or any other issue with MF. They're one of the best.

proudly shopping in the D.
I got the Payment Details listed in MF on Friday for June's payment, then the funds hit my bank on Monday. I think @Flash is right that it's probably more about your bank than it is about MF. My bank is a small credit union that is usually a little slow about processing deposits. If you don't have the details for this payment on MF's website under the "Payment History --> Payment Details" section, then I'd be worried. Otherwise, you'll probably get the credit to your bank today.

Shopper in California's Bay Area
Thanks everyone who responded. I heard from Marketforce by email about five minutes ago. The message delivered a rush of relief.

Apparently--it's a direct deposit bank issue. I think it has something to do with my using old checks for the bank that was bought out by Wells Fargo a few years ago. The old Wachovia routing number was still on the old checks. I had a lot of them. Or--maybe Wells Fargo has changed its routing number. I will get it straight this week. Meanwhile, MF is mailing me a paper check on Friday.

I am so relieved because there isn't any line item on my pay history to indicate the amount for which I expect to be paid.

Taught me a lesson. I need to start printing out all the CPIs and the codes they send following completion of each assignment.

I am sharing this information so others will know if they have the same problem. I'll find out what the bank says later.

Whew!! I am so relieved I will get paid for all of that work after all. I have been sitting here sweating all morning knowing I hadn't printed any CPIs or job completion codes. The ink.

Thanks again for the support.
@Sidejob wrote:

Thanks everyone who responded. I heard from Marketforce by email about five minutes ago. The message delivered a rush of relief.

Apparently--it's a direct deposit bank issue. I think it has something to do with my using old checks for the bank that was bought out by Wells Fargo a few years ago. The old Wachovia routing number was still on the old checks. I had a lot of them. Or--maybe Wells Fargo has changed its routing number. I will get it straight this week. Meanwhile, MF is mailing me a paper check on Friday.

I am so relieved because there isn't any line item on my pay history to indicate the amount for which I expect to be paid.

Taught me a lesson. I need to start printing out all the CPIs and the codes they send following completion of each assignment.

I am sharing this information so others will know if they have the same problem. I'll find out what the bank says later.

Whew!! I am so relieved I will get paid for all of that work after all. I have been sitting here sweating all morning knowing I hadn't printed any CPIs or job completion codes. The ink.

Thanks again for the support.

Save the paper and ink. Instead, print to PDF's and save those in your records instead. Same goes for guidelines, assignment information (CPI's for MF), etc. I know some prefer to save the entire webpage, which I don't think is necessary.

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 29 year old male and willing to travel! Badged for Denver International Airport.
@Sidejob wrote:


Apparently--it's a direct deposit bank issue. I think it has something to do with my using old checks for the bank that was bought out by Wells Fargo a few years ago. The old Wachovia routing number was still on the old checks. I had a lot of them. Or--maybe Wells Fargo has changed its routing number. I will get it straight this week. Meanwhile, MF is mailing me a paper check on Friday.

I don't think that is the issue because I too am still using my Wachovia checks and routing number. I write so few checks I have not bothered reordering from Wells Fargo such that I would have a check with the current routing number (in case it is different). There have been no issues getting money to go in or out of that account by ACH or ETF using those numbers.
@Tarantado wrote:


Save the paper and ink. Instead, print to PDF's and save those in your records instead. Same goes for guidelines, assignment information (CPI's for MF), etc. I know some prefer to save the entire webpage, which I don't think is necessary.

It is easy enough to copy/paste the job completion code into my spreadsheet to have it. I make a pdf of guidelines only when they are updated and save that in my folder for that MSP.
@Flash wrote:

@Tarantado wrote:


Save the paper and ink. Instead, print to PDF's and save those in your records instead. Same goes for guidelines, assignment information (CPI's for MF), etc. I know some prefer to save the entire webpage, which I don't think is necessary.

It is easy enough to copy/paste the job completion code into my spreadsheet to have it. I make a pdf of guidelines only when they are updated and save that in my folder for that MSP.

Flash – Yes, my suggestions are a bit extreme when it comes to documentation; however, a thoroughly archive's there in case you ever need to refer back to it to justify any rejections, conflicts, not receiving promised bonuses, etc. Having to dig into the past becomes a pain, especially when you have to verify which is the "valid" guideline at the time you performed a shop. Keeping duplicates, if you need to, avoid this headache whenever the occasion ever does come up.

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 29 year old male and willing to travel! Badged for Denver International Airport.
Let's see . . . in the past decade I had one shop rejected because I did not do one particular thing. When I checked my jpg instructions they were right. I didn't see it when I read the instructions, but it was definitely there. I had another shop rejected because a scheduler told me to X and the editor told me I should have done Y. Neither the jpg of the shop instructions nor the scheduler's specific email instructions had anything about Y. The shop was accepted but could have been anyway based on the scheduler's specific email instructions only. No, I don't need to fill my hard drive with thousands of sets of instructions in jpg or pdf format. If I lose one from time to time I will have more than compensated in less time necessary to save, store and sort through instructions.
I'm with Flash. I do a lot of shops, and in the time it would take to to save and file my paperwork each week, I could do another shop. Plus, most of the time the shop guidelines are still available online during the time the shop would be rejected and I would need to review them. I never delete my emails except for spam, so it's easy to fish one up if I ever need it. I'm sure there will come a time where I wish I had saved something that I didn't, but I think in the long run I will come out ahead.
Flash especially, and for anyone else using Wachovia's bank routing number, that WAS the problem with my direct deposit information. The checks i have been using were well over six years old due to a mistake the bank had made in printing a double order of checks. Because Wells Fargo's bank routing number isn't confidential, I am including it in this message so that others in a similar situation may check their direct deposit information and save the hassle I experienced this week. Someone at my branch told me today the old Wachovia routing number(s) were retired last week.

Here is the correct Well Fargo's current routing number: 063107513
Thank you everyone for the lively advice and mystery shop efficiency information. I desperately need some streamlining. In my efforts to pay down credit card debt, I am trying to do as much mystery shopping as my time allows. I appreciate your gracious spirits!
Wells Fargo has different routing numbers according to where you opened your account.
@Sidejob wrote:

Someone at my branch told me today the old Wachovia routing number(s) were retired last week.

Here is the correct Well Fargo's current routing number: 063107513

Fascinating since my MF came through without a hitch, as did my Social Security on the 8th and my utilities and credit cards have all pulled their payments in the past couple of days as scheduled. I certainly have received no notice from Wells Fargo regarding the routing numbers and checking messages on my on line account there are just acknowledgements of remote deposits received. So indeed they may have retired some from some parts of the country but I still seem to be golden.
MFI said I would get my DD June payment on July 10 and sure enough it was in my bank on July 10, 2015.
Typo edit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2015 07:54PM by risinghorizon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login