HOW LOW CAN YOU GO MARKETFORCE?

I'm (contraction here) deleting the content because it's (another one) on the "Mystery Shopping Company Discussion" thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2015 12:36AM by parkcitybrian.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

I only know of one that pays $5. It has always been $5 if we are thinking about the same place smiling smiley

There could be more places that pay that but I can't think of who...
There is a Chinese fast food that pays $5 with a $9 reimbursement and a chicken fast food that pays $5 with an $8 reimbursement. I do them both because they make fast lunches for me and the report takes 5 minutes. OK, 10 for the Chinese because I have to take a photo of the food and upload.
And the Chinese is pretty yummy most of the time, but I don't think it takes 10 even with the photo upload.
Better than the $4 cold cuts shop that the fee will not rise even though no one is biting.
@AustinMom wrote:

There is a Chinese fast food that pays $5 with a $9 reimbursement and a chicken fast food that pays $5 with an $8 reimbursement. I do them both because they make fast lunches for me and the report takes 5 minutes. OK, 10 for the Chinese because I have to take a photo of the food and upload.
Oh, I forgot! I did a bunch of those Chinese fast food shops but it was quite awhile ago smiling smiley
@Flash wrote:

And the Chinese is pretty yummy most of the time, but I don't think it takes 10 even with the photo upload.

ummm..."most of the time"? How about the "not most of the times" = food poisoning, dysentery, etc. That definitely precludes me...more for you guys, i guess.
PCB, walk away from the MF FF job board. Do not join the dark side. {handing you a Quinoa Mediterranean salad w/grilled chicken}
@Sybil2 wrote:

PCB, walk away from the MF FF job board. Do not join the dark side. {handing you a Quinoa Mediterranean salad w/grilled chicken}

Thanks but I'm (contraction alert and perhaps more to follow) hoping it's from Whole Foods containing no GMO products and sourced from either un-sullied Benedictine Monks and/or Hindi Kafirs at their ashram. Kindly omit any trace of kale as I find it to be somewhat off-putting as well as too much of the "veggie du jour" for the foodie set.
@FrugalCat wrote:

I grab those Chinese FF shops the second I see them.

said the one who keeps the fees at their current level.
@parkcitybrian wrote:

Kindly omit any trace of kale as I find it to be somewhat off-putting as well as too much of the "veggie du jour" for the foodie set.
I'll take your kale. Have you tried kale chips? They are soooo good. I love sweet potato fries also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2015 12:53AM by Sybil2.
@parkcitybrian wrote:

@FrugalCat wrote:

I grab those Chinese FF shops the second I see them.

said the one who keeps the fees at their current level.

Have you seen how easy that shop report is though? It's so easy I'm surprised they don't just get people to do it for reimbursement only.
@saacman5033 wrote:

@parkcitybrian wrote:

@FrugalCat wrote:

I grab those Chinese FF shops the second I see them.

said the one who keeps the fees at their current level.

Have you seen how easy that shop report is though? It's so easy I'm surprised they don't just get people to do it for reimbursement only.

I think shoppers should pay the MSC for the privilege of doing these yummy "most of the time" (but not all the time) assignments.

Have we gone off the rails on this topic? Jus' askin'
MF seems to have the most shops. even if I need to fill in time with five or six other companies. I just took the chicken and Chinese shops there but the hot dog place doesn't cover the cost of purchase even with the fee.so I wait for the fee to raise to $14.00 plus the reimbursement before I take it. Some of the international Chains listed with MF are $7.50 + RE. But the fuel stops need to RE for the full cost of fuel as well as the inside purchase. When was the last time you purchased two gallons of fuel for $5.00?? If you stop the fueling at the RE you wont get paid because you didn't put in two gallons!!! One of the best things to do with MF is wait if you can for the shop price to go up then if you don't live in the middle of the Colorado desert like some of us then go get them. This makes for a good check
Actually, the "last time" depends upon which state I am in. Two weeks ago at a station in PA. Two months ago at a station in NJ. I paid $1.69 per gallon for gas in NJ yesterday. $2.09 per gallon for gas in PA today. A friend of mine told me that she paid $2.59 per gallon yesterday in Northern California .
@Curling wrote:

When was the last time you purchased two gallons of fuel for $5.00?? If you stop the fueling at the RE you wont get paid because you didn't put in two gallons!!! One of the best things to do with MF is wait if you can for the shop price to go up then if you don't live in the middle of the Colorado desert like some of us then go get them. This makes for a good check

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
@Curling wrote:

When was the last time you purchased two gallons of fuel for $5.00?? If you stop the fueling at the RE you wont get paid because you didn't put in two gallons!!!

I'm in Texas. I just filled up Thursday - unleaded regular was $1.96 a gallon.
@myst4au wrote:

Actually, the "last time" depends upon which state I am in. Two weeks ago at a station in PA. Two months ago at a station in NJ. I paid $1.69 per gallon for gas in NJ yesterday. $2.09 per gallon for gas in PA today. A friend of mine told me that she paid $2.59 per gallon yesterday in Northern California .
@Curling wrote:

When was the last time you purchased two gallons of fuel for $5.00?? If you stop the fueling at the RE you wont get paid because you didn't put in two gallons!!! One of the best things to do with MF is wait if you can for the shop price to go up then if you don't live in the middle of the Colorado desert like some of us then go get them. This makes for a good check
$1.78 a gallon here smiling smiley
Even without bonus, this shop pays for a portion of the gas I must have. The task is simple. In my part of the world, it takes longer to get into position to capture images discretely than it does to get gas and buy a little something in the store.

Some of the days in November carry the whole memory of summer as a fire opal carries the color of moon rise. - Gladys Taber
I'm in So Cal and it was still over$3.00 a gallon last time I got fuel. I do see it has gone down to $2.95 at the local grocery. I'll find out soon enough I guess.
$1.78 here also

Happily shopping the Pacific Northwest. Shopping since 2013 and editing since 2018 smiling smiley
I stopped accepting shops at a chicken and burger fast food place that only reimburses $10 for the food, which barely covers food, side and a drink, and pays a whopping $4 to fill out a pain in the butt form. They also gave me a hard time for writing in "flowery language", which meant I used intelligent prose in words longer than two syllables. No more, not for $14. This is NOT a MF shop, by the way, it's a different MSC. I only do one shop per day, and I will NOT take a shop that aggravates me!
@FrugalCat wrote:

I grab those Chinese FF shops the second I see them.

I thought I was the only one. I love them!
@parkcitybrian wrote:

@FrugalCat wrote:

I grab those Chinese FF shops the second I see them.

said the one who keeps the fees at their current level.

You have to know your market when looking for assignments. For Market Force shops, the food shops are simple, just because of their level of detail and structure.

In my area, I know to grab the dine-in shops, Mexican fast casuals, Chinese fast casual and some other restaurants at base pay, mainly because they're almost never left on the board and grabbed with a quickness. I'm like some other people here, I'd rather do a little work, rather than having to go to the grocery store, prep, cook, clean, etc.

As for their other clients? I can sit on certain locations and wait...

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 29 year old male and willing to travel! Badged for Denver International Airport.
@proudlyshopping wrote:

I stopped accepting shops at a chicken and burger fast food place that only reimburses $10 for the food, which barely covers food, side and a drink, and pays a whopping $4 to fill out a pain in the butt form. They also gave me a hard time for writing in "flowery language", which meant I used intelligent prose in words longer than two syllables. No more, not for $14. This is NOT a MF shop, by the way, it's a different MSC. I only do one shop per day, and I will NOT take a shop that aggravates me!

You have to realize who'll be reading this on the client end. No need to use "intelligent prose" to get your point across.

A big hint is to use a coupon to lower your cost to cover the entire meal. I actually prefer their burgers over other fast casuals based on their quality of ingredients.

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 29 year old male and willing to travel! Badged for Denver International Airport.
"which meant I used intelligent prose in words longer than two syllables. No more,"

So sad to be a polysyllabic personality in a monosyllabic world!

smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login