IPSOS Still Showing Jobs from November?

I'm pretty new with IPSOS and have done just one job for them. I'm sure many of you understand how they do things, but some are a "mystery" to me! They're showing jobs on the job board that are (supposedly) available to apply for as a back-up shopper, but whose due dates were back in November!

Do they just sometimes forget to remove jobs once they're complete, or could these jobs really have not been done yet? I put in an application for one, but I'm thinking I should cancel it.

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

I see some also. I suggest that you leave your application live as long as it would make sense for you to do them. When it no longer does, make sure that you delete them promptly.

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
@myst4au wrote:

I see some also. I suggest that you leave your application live as long as it would make sense for you to do them. When it no longer does, make sure that you delete them promptly.

We're probably seeing some of the same ones! I guess I just need to not worry too much about some of IPSOS's postings making sense, or not....

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
I don't see any shops posted for November, could you email me directly with what you are seeing? judith@summitscheduling.com

Owner
Summit Scheduling and Editing
Judith, thank you for posting to this thread! My shop from last week has now been approved, so there's no issue there!

The shops that myst4au and I were seeing from November are still on the job board. (I think they're probably the same ones, give or take a few, since we're in neighboring geographical areas.) These are in Maryland and NYC, and have due dates from Nov. 23 through Nov. 30; they are showing as available for application as a back-up shopper.

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
@BirdyC wrote:

Judith, thank you for posting to this thread! My shop from last week has now been approved, so there's no issue there!

The shops that myst4au and I were seeing from November are still on the job board. (I think they're probably the same ones, give or take a few, since we're in neighboring geographical areas.) These are in Maryland and NYC, and have due dates from Nov. 23 through Nov. 30; they are showing as available for application as a back-up shopper.

The weird thing is if I look from my end, limit the dates to Nov 1 to Nov 30 of 2015 and filter by pending for applications (which means on the job board), nothing shows up. Can you give me a zip to check near?

Owner
Summit Scheduling and Editing
Yeah, I have shops from November showing that are posted for a backup shopper. The due date was November 30, so I did not bother applying.

On another note, I had received an email message a few days ago stating that my payment for the last round of shops was going to be late due to the holiday and was supposed to be in my PayPal account by today. Nothing so far.
I got paid today so all is okay.

Shopping Western NY, Northeast and Central PA, and parts of Ohio and West Virginia. Have car will travel anywhere if the monies right.
Judith - here are some zip codes.
1 shop in 19403 ending 11/23/2015
1 shop in 19111 ending 11/30/2015
1 shop in 19120 ending 11/30/2015
1 shop in 19149-1636 ending 11/30/2015
1 shop in 19120 ending 1/15/2016
1 shop without a zip code but in NEW YORK, NY ending 1/29/2016
1 shop in 19115 ending 1/31/2016

I suspect that Bird is seeing the same ones as she is west of me.

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
@myst4au wrote:

Judith - here are some zip codes.
1 shop in 19403 ending 11/23/2015
1 shop in 19111 ending 11/30/2015
1 shop in 19120 ending 11/30/2015
1 shop in 19149-1636 ending 11/30/2015
1 shop in 19120 ending 1/15/2016
1 shop without a zip code but in NEW YORK, NY ending 1/29/2016
1 shop in 19115 ending 1/31/2016

I suspect that Bird is seeing the same ones as she is west of me.

Thanks, I'm wondering if they are some sort of glitch - if they are all backup shoppers and somehow that stayed when the actual shops were removed. Still trying to find them.

Owner
Summit Scheduling and Editing
Judith, I was wondering if you could give us some insight on the scheduling of the mailing shops. Since the new company took over last October I have only seen about 15-20% of the 20-30 or so local mailing locations to me with Dim Weight shops and just a small number more of the Hazmat shops. I do not do the regular shops but there seem to be more of those. So in 5 months I have only found 5 or so Dim wt shops as opposed to seeing them at each location near to me almost every month before with the old msc. I am wondering if the client has cut way back on these. I do like these shops and have been waiting and waiting for them to show up.
Are those of you in other parts of the country seeing more of these shops?
Thanks for any information you are allowed to impart.
@sandyf wrote:

Judith, I was wondering if you could give us some insight on the scheduling of the mailing shops. Since the new company took over last October I have only seen about 15-20% of the 20-30 or so local mailing locations to me with Dim Weight shops and just a small number more of the Hazmat shops. I do not do the regular shops but there seem to be more of those. So in 5 months I have only found 5 or so Dim wt shops as opposed to seeing them at each location near to me almost every month before with the old msc. I am wondering if the client has cut way back on these. I do like these shops and have been waiting and waiting for them to show up.
Are those of you in other parts of the country seeing more of these shops?
Thanks for any information you are allowed to impart.

Up to this point (since the project moved) only a small sample of the locations have been getting both types of shops. There have been other shops added - like the Micro shops last quarter, and I understand those are coming again still this quarter. There are also announced audits coming in a later quarter.

The volume is supposed to increase overall but it's a ramping up deal.

Owner
Summit Scheduling and Editing
@Summit Scheduling wrote:

There are also announced audits coming in a later quarter.

My favorite type of shop~ Will be looking forward to them when the time does get here. More announced audits the better.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login