My application wasn't accepted by Ardent

@Amberluv2000 wrote:

I love shopping for Ardent.
I'd love to get a chance to shop, but my application wasn't accepted.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

It is possible that they have enough shoppers in your area right now. I would suggest trying again in six months or so.
Did they say why it wasn't accepted? I filled mine out and it took almost two years to get notification of a training session in my area.
If it helps any, Ardent's recruiter is a member on this site. Maybe she'll come across this post. Sometimes, it'll take a current shopper to recruit someone in, as I've brought in a good friend of mine into mystery shopping through this route.

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 29 year old male and willing to travel! Badged for Denver International Airport.
I have been waiting almost 2 years to do the training. Last year there was a training sorta close to home but it filled up so quickly I was not able to get in. I have just kinda given up.
They are not a bad company but I disagree with "by far the best" vehemently.

There are reasons that a body stays in motion
At the moment only demons come to mind
I like 'em a lot but I also like about 20 others equally. But back on topic, be patient. They are going to have other clients than the big Mexican grill restaurant in more areas eventually.
Did they tell you that you weren't accepted, or have you just not heard from them yet? I'd be curious as to their reason. As long as you can eat the food, and have decent skills, I can't imagine why.
Because they have minimal clients, and a set number of locations in each area, it also limits the shoppers they need. I got lucky and got in right away in my area when I started last fall but we are getting less shops than usual in most areas right now so it makes sense that they would not be taking on new shoppers right now.

Midwest shopper. Former New England shopper.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2016 03:45AM by NewEnglandShopper.
Yes they have recently cut the number of shops they are doing in half....That means that their current pool of shoppers who used to cover twice as many shops are not getting the number of shops they want.
So they probably have excess shoppers right now. Until people leave by attrition or they return to a twice a month schedule there will probably not be a need for them to accept new shoppers except in specific areas.
@fuzzymo wrote:

@Amberluv2000 wrote:

I love shopping for Ardent.
I'd love to get a chance to shop, but my application wasn't accepted.

It took several months for me to hear back on mine (Houston area). Given what (censored client name) has been going through lately, it may be a year or so before they invite you to a training session.
I too was not accepted. It sounds like they only have one customer, a restaraunt. Is this true? If so, I won't fret too much about getting accepted as I rarely do restaurant shops. Surely they have more than one customer, np?

Shopping up and down the Colorado Rocky Mountain front range.
They have 3 customers now, but two are only in a couple of areas. Their newest is a burger place that is aggressively opening new restaurants around the country. So far they are only in a few places but keep watching. I think they'll take off and they'll be a lot more locations with plenty more opportunity. You may get in sometime soon.

I hope so. This is a super company to work with.
They only do restaurants. I bought some stock recently for their major client to add to my portfolio and I am glad I did. I imagine in the next year or so it will increase by at least $100 a share.
Did they tell you that you weren't accepted, or have you just not heard from them yet?
My application was accepted rather quickly, but currently there are no training sessions in my area for the Mexican grill. Do they only do training sessions when they need new shoppers in the area? I was excited to see my acceptance, but now have a feeling that it could be a very long time before shopping with them is possible.
@Cocogirl wrote:

My application was accepted rather quickly, but currently there are no training sessions in my area for the Mexican grill. Do they only do training sessions when they need new shoppers in the area?

Yes. And, since the Mexican Grill is cutting back on shops after their recent health problems, many areas will not need shoppers unless new locations open in those areas.

I just heard that these trainings are coming up for the Mexican Grill

21 Apr - AZ - Lake Havasu City - 86403
at 9:30 AM
11-Apr - AZ - Phoenix - 85032
13-Apr - CO - Pueblo - 81008
22-Apr - ID - Meridian-Boise - 83646
7-Apr - MD - Baltimore - 21230
at 7:30 AM
3-May - MI - Detroit - 46617
28-Apr - MI - Orion - 48359
18-Apr - MO - Joplin - 64801
19-Apr - MT - Missoula - 59808
6-Apr - OH - Chillicothe - 45601
22-Apr - UT - Murray - 84107
20-Apr - UT - Orem - 84097
11-Apr - UT - Saint George - 84790
4-May - WA - Lacey - 98516
13-Apr - WA - Renton - 84790
15-Apr - WY - Cheyenne - 82009
2016-TBD-WA-Burlington-Seattle-98233
2016-TBD-CANADA-Burnaby-BC Vancouver-V5H4M1
I was accepted last night after putting in my application over 4 months ago. I am not sure how they expect for someone in Alabama to get to one of those training locations.

✿´¯`*•.¸¸✿✿¸¸.•*´¯`✿
☻/ღ˚ * ˚ ˚˚ ˛* ღ˛° * ° ˚˚ღ
/▌ ☆Happy Shopping☆
/ \ ღ˚ * ˚ ˚˚ ˛* ღ˛° * ° ˚˚ღ
✿¸¸.•*´¯`✿ ✿´¯`*•.¸¸✿
@G3B wrote:

They are by far the best MSC company out there, don't give up.

Wow. If your best shop is a burrito and $20, I have no comment.
$25 flat rate and a streamlined report with little comments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2016 06:29PM by TechSavvy.
@SoCalMama wrote:

@G3B wrote:

They are by far the best MSC company out there, don't give up.

Wow. If your best shop is a burrito and $20, I have no comment.

They are my personal favorite and it isn't because of the burrito. I like their training and shopper support. I like how easy it is to reach my scheduler. I like the relaxed editing....never hear anything but "good job." I like the timely pay via direct deposit. I would like them to have more clients. They are up to 3. More! More!
And the flexible scheduling. It's easy to build a route around the shop since they give you 25 days to do it.
I have one scheduled so far this month, and two more pending acceptance. I think I'll take one of them, but not the other. So, I haven't done the new report yet, but I'm hoping it's significantly less time consuming than the old one. I almost quit shopping for them because of that damned report!

I hope their other clients open some locations around here.

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
i applied but didn't put my social number in. i hope i don't get rejected but asking for people's ssn on a form is not good business
@rosaestanli wrote:

i applied but didn't put my social number in. i hope i don't get rejected but asking for people's ssn on a form is not good business

Welcome to the forum, rosaestanli,. Have you been mystery shopping very long? How many mystery shopping companies have you registered with? Most of the mystery shopping companies require a SS# or an EIN when you register. In order to pay you, a legitimate company needs tax information.
If you wish, you could always call the MSC and provide the information on the phone. Although I feel comfortable submitting my SSN on SASSIE, I would not feel comfortable providing it via this MSC's online system or via email (which the MSC had asked for previously).
I filled out the online ap earlier this month. I expected to get the confirming email instantaneously (like the other MSCs) to make sure my email address was valid. I didn't get anything. I went back in to the site only to find I couldn't log in because I had no password (although the system noted that the email address was valid.) I must have sent the password-reset request five times with no confirming email. I thought I must have done something wrong so a week later I redid the application using another email address. Same thing. I am so glad you posted your comments. Now I know it is an Ardent thing. I haven't run into a MSC with so many applicants that it can pick and choose! (And I, too, prefer to give an EIN rather than my SS.)

Shopping SoCal and Maui.
This is a very shopper friendly MSC and their clients get involved in hands on shopper training that is very helpful. After several years i sort of burned out on their largest client but am now returning to have access to their newer clients. Love, love, love to hear about the shorter report!

I also love to use their lunch shops when doing city or long haul routes, because of the date and time flexibility.

If you are in MS for the long term, this is an MSC that is worth waiting for a training opportunity.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
@walesmaven wrote:

After several years i sort of burned out on their largest client but am now returning to have access to their newer clients. Love, love, love to hear about the shorter report!

I was at the point where I was going to stop shopping for them because that report was killing me, and I was getting burned out, too! But I decided to stick it out and wait for the new report.

The new report took me about 3/4 as long as the other. But only because there are still some issues that need to be fixed. I think once the tweaks are made, it should take me half the time, or less, than it did before. Because I'm anal when I write, and because I often comment on a "yes (great)" rating if something is better beyond typical, it's probably still going to take me a little longer than those who don't do that. But not anywhere near as long as it did before! I think most shoppers who took a break and come back now will be pleasantly surprised at the new report.

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login