I do quite a few EPMS shops with bonuses.... Often they have that bonus because other shoppers have given up and the target is slippery.... I call periodically through the day/s and keep my log. It's not a big deal to make a few phone calls each day and make up new excuses... I update the schedulers as needed. By the time I hit ten calls, I'm generally given permission to leave a message, etc.
Things to say/do when the wrong person answers:
* Ask for an apartment size you know they don't have.
* Ask if they accept section 8 housing vouchers.
* Ask for "pick a name" who you think works there..
* Ask for that girl you met at the bar last night.
* Ask for that guy you met at the bar last night.
* Ask what schools the residents at the apartment go to.
* Ask if they are north of XYZ city, when you know they are south.
* If you speak a language other than English.....
* Say you got the wrong number.
* Ask if they accept pit bulls.
* If their name is similar to that of a different business act like you are calling the business. (Try ordering a pizza from the Domino apartments....)
Why can you not just hung up the phone as if you reached a wrong number. that is what I always do until I get the person I want on the phone. Of couse I have never been given a person who does not longer work at the apartment office