Seelevelhx Late Payments

Ias30, Seelevel is a good company and I enjoy doing their shops because they consistently paid me. However, they have paid me on several occasions way on the 27th and I am just saying MSCs should pay on the stated date or at least notify you when payment will be late. I have been notified on one occasion that my payment would be late and I respected that I was notified.

Honestly, I think the shoppers with low standards and expectations took what I was saying about being paid on time out of context.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

I have been doing this for almost 20 years.

I can't tell you how pissed off I was when I got paid by BARE 4 days early last month. They need to keep to the schedule and be professional!
Well SCM, you can join the rest of us who have such low standards and expectations. Maybe if we were professionals with real jobs just doing this for play money our standards would be higher.

The OP seems to be missing the most important factor in all of this. The MSCs are our customers, not our employers. When I was running other businesses, not one of my vendors would have cut off a lucrative source of income because I paid a day late.

Equal rights for others does not mean fewer rights for you. It's not pie.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time and it really annoys the pig.
It wasnt a day late, such exagerations do not 'make' a point. They only make us look like we cant otherwise do so
Overall, my experience has been positive with two exception.

I have been paid late once by them. Apparently there was some type of error. It was fixed quickly and I received payment.

Thr second one was the most upsetting. I had two shops scheduled for over a week in advance. The day I was supposed to do the shops, I got a phone call that my cousins grandmother passed. Our family is very close and she was like a grandmother to me too. She had been battling Cancer and bipolar disorder for a while but always pulled through.
I went out of town for the funeral and the next day, I attempted to email the scheduler. To my surprise there was already an email from the scheduler cancelling my shops and giving me two flake citations. Prior to that, I had conducted a number of shops all receiving 9s &10s.
I apologized for not completing the shop told the scheduler I had a death in my family.
The scheduler told me that I could apply fot the shops on the board again.

Didn't ask/offer to reschedule them.

Never once offered their condolences. Just a real itch that. I was tempted to email a copy of our conversation to the CEO but decided against it. I will never work with that scheduler again.

@las30 wrote:

My experience with SeeLevel has been that they are flexible. I have made a pretty serious mistake on a shop, but they still worked with me. I have felt respect and appreciation from this company. For some other companies, all I had to do was question something on the guidelines before a shop, and I am immediately blacklisted. I haven't checked if SeeLevel pays me on a particular day each month. All I know is that for years, they have ALWAYS paid me consistently.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2017 09:38PM by eyelove2shop.
@Millieredrose wrote:

..........but one day late without any notification would also be a problem with me because I am all about keeping things professional and on time!!

Equal rights for others does not mean fewer rights for you. It's not pie.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time and it really annoys the pig.
@spicy1 wrote:

Not that it will make any difference at all, I agree. Obviously mystery shopping companies hold us to extremely high standards. God forbid you make even the most minute mistake, or even perceived mistake, and the results can be that we are not paid at all. This is a one way street in this regard. I've heard many of the shoppers that have responded here speak of the mistakes in the guidelines, same thing I think.
what mscs r u working for? most of mine r very willing to work w/me excpt for few special dealines.
@Millieredrose wrote:

Honestly, I think the shoppers with low standards and expectations took what I was saying about being paid on time out of context.

You about as unprofessional and condescending as anyone I have had the displeasure of trying to have an adult discussion with.

I've been graciously paid by SeeLevel after making minor mistakes on shops. Their position has been that if accepted by the client, they pay. Not being perfect, I appreciate their flexibility and understand when my mistakes are not acceptable.

I am a professional and my standards/expectations are reasonable. Your uninformed judgments are nothing more than a childish response to anyone that does not share or agree with your opinion. Your lack of open mindedness demonstrates a lack of maturity.

FREE Job listing sites; [www.msjobboard.com]; [www.mystshopsol.com]; [www.jobslinger.com] - Sassie; [www.volition.com] - Various links; [www.mspa-na.org] -MSPA Members; link at bottom of forum page to their extensive list of companies
@Isaiah58, First, I will not get into name calling because I do not believe this is what this forum is all about and I am a very professional person who can make her point without resorting to name calling. You stated your standards and expectations were not very high and all I did was stated that my topic of discussion by you guys were taken out of context. If you were offended, then raise your standards and expectations. If you are okay with being paid late several times way on the 27th without any explanation or notification when you supposed to be paid on or around the 15th, then that is fine and you should have never become a part of this discussion. I am not okay with it and do not believe it is professional or even right to not be notified of a late payment. Again, I am not just talking about Seelevelx, but all MSCs that do notify or tell their contractors that a payment will be late. With that being said, I don't care if its play money, extra money, or whatever.

I voiced my opinion about late payments and I get attacked for having high standards, high expectations, and being professional. Wow!!!
I was not going to dignify her question with a response, but spicy1 your response is epic!
Let's be clear about one thing. You were not attacked. However, it was pointed out you are condescending, basically because you are. Despite the 237 times you have told us you are professional, your behavior belies the assertion.

Equal rights for others does not mean fewer rights for you. It's not pie.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time and it really annoys the pig.
Stop putting words in my mouth to justify your clearly implying that I am not acting professionally or that my standards are low. You continue to demonstrate a lack of mature thinking. Not agreeing with you does not equate to having low or inferior standards.

FREE Job listing sites; [www.msjobboard.com]; [www.mystshopsol.com]; [www.jobslinger.com] - Sassie; [www.volition.com] - Various links; [www.mspa-na.org] -MSPA Members; link at bottom of forum page to their extensive list of companies
Why do you folks take whatever is said on this forum to mean that it is directed at you personally? It's pretty clear that it is not. It's pretty clear that she is stating what each and every one of us has stated in the past, in our defense, that we don't take a bunch of crap from a MSC because we don't have to. That exact philosophy has been expounded on by each of us for one reason or another, but always because the MSC tried to have their way with us. And when someone says they take crap from a MSC we say it's because they don't know otherwise. That's what she's saying also.

I think you folks take this forum's posts personally so you have a reason to berate people for even little things. This is not a little thing, this having a company not abide by their guidelines when they so clearly expect perfection from us.
how is asking if op has children causing distress for op & spicy. they should take spicys advice & get a life.
To all who dislike what I said about MSCs paying their contractors late, while holding contractors to high standards because they expect for our completed shops to be accurate, detailed and on time, I think my discussion topic is not for you. MSCs I have worked for and I work for many have very high standards and high expectations. So therefore, I also have high standards, expectations, and expect them to always be professional by paying on time or notify contractors of late payments.

But some of you seem to want me to be okay with late payments and stated that I will not be working long because of my standards. Then respond with sarcastic remarks and name calling because I deem it unprofessional for MSCs to not pay on time or notify their contractors of late payments.

Some of you need to stop taking this so personal and remove yourself from this discussion board because the topic is not for anyone who is okay with receiving late payments with no notification or reason why payment is late. If you are happy with late payments, then thats you, but dont jump all over me and when I mention low standards and low expectations.

This will be my last response. I think I made my point to any MSCs who maybe chiming in that some contractors are not okay with being paid late with no notification. Also, had I known that some of you would stoop to this level of nonsense and name calling, I would have never bothered to use this forum to make a point to the MSCs about late payments.
is millie the food blogger w/much shorter posts?????

i posted too soon. here comes the novel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2017 02:17AM by MSNinja.
Spicy, you're right, we probably all have said at one time or another that walking away from an MSC is a viable option. But, as the old saying goes, "It's not what you say; it's how you say it." OP offended some readers with her phraseology.
@Millieredrose wrote:

Some of you need to stop taking this so personal and remove yourself from this discussion board because the topic is not for anyone who is okay with receiving late payments with no notification or reason why payment is late.
since when did new member take over forum?
There was another poster who was a member for all of 5 days before he/she told another shopper to give up because they would never successful at it. Maybe it's the heat that's getting everyone all riled up lately.
Isaiah58 summed it up nicely. Condescending posts were directed at anyone and everyone who replied while suggestions and questions were ignored. Maybe someone would like to explain the point of coming to a forum filled with professionals who adhere to high standards and continually pointing out one is a professional? Or stating unequivocally we have low standards when we choose to cut our customers some slack by recognizing the legal definition of "on or about?" @#$%& happens. It doesn't mean you have to come to a forum and @#$%& all over everyone else.

Equal rights for others does not mean fewer rights for you. It's not pie.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time and it really annoys the pig.
I've been a shopper for 18 years. As others have pointed out, I am a vendor and MSCs are my customers. I have never really had an issue with an MSC being a day late or a week late, as long as I get paid. If 2-3 weeks go by, I might get a little ancy and send an email or make a phone call to find out what's up. Is it really that you find it unprofessional to get paid a day late or are you strapped for cash? I am just trying to figure out why it's such a big deal to you. Your standards are different than probably 99% of the forum members here, Millieredrose, and many of them have been mystery shopping for a very long time. But we aren't going anywhere. It's an open forum and people are free to express their opinions, as you have done with yours. But you are probably going to find very few people who agree with you on this one.
@Millieredrose wrote:

To all who dislike what I said about MSCs paying their contractors late, while holding contractors to high standards because they expect for our completed shops to be accurate, detailed and on time, I think my discussion topic is not for you. MSCs I have worked for and I work for many have very high standards and high expectations. So therefore, I also have high standards, expectations, and expect them to always be professional by paying on time or notify contractors of late payments.

The fact that you posted on only two threads and both times complained about late payment (Remington and SeeLevelHX) is really funny. You may have high standards in your mind, but these companies have filler jobs for hobbyists. When you are waiting for a $5,000 or $50,000 check for a month's work, then you have my attention.

Feel free to post when Intelli-shop, A Closer Look or Bestmark is a day late. We will all care just as much.
@Millieredrose wrote:

I think I made my point to any MSCs who maybe chiming in that some contractors are not okay with being paid late with no notification. Also, had I known that some of you would stoop to this level of nonsense and name calling, I would have never bothered to use this forum to make a point to the MSCs about late payments.

If you want to make a point to the MSC, why not email them, call them, or send them a letter? They aren't very likely to read your thread and the posts in it.
I have received 2017 SeeLevel payments between the 14th and the 18th. Since they state that they pay around the 15th, they've informed us that it will not be a precise pay date. Weekends and other factors may account for date differences. It sounds so unusual that they would notify someone about a late payment, so perhaps there were shop/report issues that led to that. Creating a thread associating the company with late payments was harsh and unfair, in my opinion, especially when they pay earlier than other companies.
Yeah, I could get the grievance if it were a company like Regal where you have to wait 60-90 days (their stated pay cycle). I don't do that many of their shops. I once had to wait 101 days for a Regal payment. It was a little irritating because I was waiting on $600+ and I did have to send them an email about it. I've never done that many shops for SeeLevel in one month where I would be waiting on more than maybe $100 or so. But still not that big of a deal.

Spicy, who takes $10 jobs? Not me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login