What is going on, Market Force?

Do they no longer leave messages? They call me several times a day while I'm at work so the call goes to voicemail. They never leave a message. Curiosity got the best of me so I called them back. They offered me a roast beef shop for $4 pay + $9 reimbursement, but on their site the pay is $12!!! In the last 3 hours they have called 4 times....and didn't leave any messages. Is this how they operate normally?

ETA: the $4 is pay, not reimbursement. The $9 reimbursement barely covers the cost of the meal, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2017 07:14PM by DareWright.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

If it's the call center from overseas, they will always offer you the very lowest amount that the shop is ever at. They don't know, nor do they care what's on the website. However, they are open to more. Just tell them what you need for the shop. They'll either accept it or they won't.
The initial call is typically a robo call, or the schedulerer hangs up if you do not answer. Occasionally they leave a short message.

The FEE may fluctuate, but not the reimbursement. They go by a script, they have no idea what fee the website is showing.

I inform them if the fee they offered is lower than the website. I then ask for the fee I feel is appropriate. Remember, they may want but not need to fill the shop.

Job listing sites; [www.msjobboard.com] - Shopmetrics; [www.mystshopsol.com]; [www.jobslinger.com] - Sassie; [www.volition.com] - Various links; [www.mspa-na.org] -MSPA Members; link at bottom of forum page to their extensive list of companies
Also, they will say that the maximum that can give you is such and such amount. But they can send in higher amounts for approval, and if youve done the sho before for that higher amount, it is usually approved.
@thunderdeacon wrote:

If it's the call center from overseas, they will always offer you the very lowest amount that the shop is ever at. They don't know, nor do they care what's on the website. However, they are open to more. Just tell them what you need for the shop. They'll either accept it or they won't.

They called last week and offered $4.50 for a lunch time fast food. I declined because I have a full time job in a completely different city right now, which I explained. So, they offered me $1 more. Salamat & no.
Even though they can be a large chunk of change for me, the whole process gives me a headache. I get a call from overseas offering $4 and they will hound me. One even told me to ask my husband and he would say yes, they were sure. Ummmm. Then the Americans call and I can usually go a little further. I will get offers for $20 on a shop that is online for $25. There's no networking/communication/filtering blah. I like working, I like getting paid, I like the companies jobs and reports but dang. I opted out of some shops and used the decline button but still get calls. Eh. Things we deal with. Schedulers calling and obscene hours and so forth...

The disconnect is real with MF...

MegglesKat
I'm ready to start blocking MF's calls. The caller was rude to me when I refused a $4 pay on a roast beef shop that was 50 miles roundtrip. Not only was the pay ridiculous, but I'm not headed in that area anytime soon. She kept hounding me asking me why, even after I told her. I almost hung up on her....

ETA: Now I understand what M.F. really stands for winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2017 07:11PM by DareWright.
Well, they are being really nice to me these days. All bonused shops in my area and willing to offer more too. I got a couple of phone shops too that pay very well from them.
@SoCalMama wrote:

@thunderdeacon wrote:

If it's the call center from overseas, they will always offer you the very lowest amount that the shop is ever at. They don't know, nor do they care what's on the website. However, they are open to more. Just tell them what you need for the shop. They'll either accept it or they won't.

They called last week and offered $4.50 for a lunch time fast food. I declined because I have a full time job in a completely different city right now, which I explained. So, they offered me $1 more. Salamat & no.

Nice use of Tagalog.
No birthday bonus this year for shops selected on your birthday. It was trimmed to a dollar last year but nothing this year.
Ditto on the experiences. I used to get calls that made sense where they offered fees higher than the website and would offer a couple of shops in an area to make it worthwhile. Now it is the calls offering the minimum fee for ridiculous distances and I have to play the game of declining until I get to the fee I used to get or declining. And to decline takes like 6-7 no, no, no. The only calls worthwhile are from the U.S. based reps. This is on top of all the fees that have declined for the shops over the past two years and the somewhat rude shopper messages that have been on their site, reiterating the policies and stating the obvious. I have been doing shops for them for 7 years and I have become disappointed with the direction that they have taken.
Hilarious! I would love to reply "Why would I do that? She doesn't know the first thing about mystery shopping."

@MountainCacher88 wrote:

Even though they can be a large chunk of change for me, the whole process gives me a headache. I get a call from overseas offering $4 and they will hound me. One even told me to ask my husband and he would say yes, they were sure. Ummmm. Then the Americans call and I can usually go a little further. I will get offers for $20 on a shop that is online for $25. There's no networking/communication/filtering blah. I like working, I like getting paid, I like the companies jobs and reports but dang. I opted out of some shops and used the decline button but still get calls. Eh. Things we deal with. Schedulers calling and obscene hours and so forth...

The disconnect is real with MF...

I enjoy awkward questions and uncomfortable silences. This gas station pavement is $%^@*#& hot.
@kenasch wrote:

@SoCalMama wrote:

@thunderdeacon wrote:

If it's the call center from overseas, they will always offer you the very lowest amount that the shop is ever at. They don't know, nor do they care what's on the website. However, they are open to more. Just tell them what you need for the shop. They'll either accept it or they won't.

They called last week and offered $4.50 for a lunch time fast food. I declined because I have a full time job in a completely different city right now, which I explained. So, they offered me $1 more. Salamat & no.

Nice use of Tagalog.

I know only a few key phrases: thank you, thank you very much, and that's it! I used to be able to count. I'm going to learn Italian again. I have a nice drive to and from work now. I figure it might take me 3 months, tops.

I can say thank you in about 20 languages. Comes in handy. Plus it's a pretty good party-trick. smiling smiley

Oh, MF is pissing me off to no end with their non-functional decline button. I have tried to decline the wireless jobs individually and as a project. Nope. Still there.
If you do not want to see certain type of jobs just edit your "search profile" to reflect this. For example, I am not interested in doing wireless jobs and indicate so in my profile and they do not show up for me.
If you accept a shop. Always stay on the line until it shows up in email or on the web site I lost a $30 Tater tot shop because it didn't go through.
I have not seen the roast beef shops in my area since in a coupe of months.

I guess they are shop every few months
I think it depends on the scheduler. The scheduler who called me offered me a shop for less pay on the website and I declined.
@DareWright wrote:

Do they no longer leave messages? They call me several times a day while I'm at work so the call goes to voicemail. They never leave a message. Curiosity got the best of me so I called them back. They offered me a roast beef shop for $4 pay + $9 reimbursement, but on their site the pay is $12!!! In the last 3 hours they have called 4 times....and didn't leave any messages. Is this how they operate normally?

ETA: the $4 is pay, not reimbursement. The $9 reimbursement barely covers the cost of the meal, too.
@kenasch wrote:

@SoCalMama wrote:

@thunderdeacon wrote:

If it's the call center from overseas, they will always offer you the very lowest amount that the shop is ever at. They don't know, nor do they care what's on the website. However, they are open to more. Just tell them what you need for the shop. They'll either accept it or they won't.

They called last week and offered $4.50 for a lunch time fast food. I declined because I have a full time job in a completely different city right now, which I explained. So, they offered me $1 more. Salamat & no.

Nice use of Tagalog.

I got some new lady that keeps calling the last two weeks. I can't understand her or figure her out at all. Is she Eastern European or from South America. Does she call you? She offered me an extra $5 last week with no hesitation. I should ask her next time, since I can talk to her in Spanish. It's crazy because my Vietnamese co-worker is always cracking up when this lady calls me. Between us, we speak 8 languages, and neither of us knows what this woman is saying half the time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login