Ipsos Job Application Question

You know the one..."Please, provide a brief note in support of your application and the date(s) you can complete this assignment."

How elaborate are you on your answers? I have done about 15 shops for them and would love to cut the verbiage in my answer to this question, but was wondering how short was too short. TIA

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

My answer is simply "I will do this on December 30" or whatever my date is. As far as I know that's enough. By the way, I just got 6 at once of one of their types of shops. Most I've ever gotten from them at one time. I hope to get more soon from a different scheduler. smiling smiley

What's done is done. An egg cracked cannot be cured.
There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.
I always write: "I will do this on or before the due date." That's my pat response to all companies that use Shop Metrics unless they specify a single date in which the shop must be done, then I write: "I will do this on the due date."
@JASFLALMT wrote:

I always write: "I will do this on or before the due date." That's my pat response to all companies that use Shop Metrics unless they specify a single date in which the shop must be done, then I write: "I will do this on the due date."
I like that answer. I may adopt it for myself. I think it's kind of silly myself unless maybe you're new to them.

What's done is done. An egg cracked cannot be cured.
There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.
Thanks all, I have been picking those up in batch and so only have to write something once, but I started to overthink the "brief note in support of your application" part.
I think that it’s weird that the only wayi know that i was assigned is if i log into their website. An email notification would be nice.
I just noticed I have eight shops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2017 05:36PM by SoCalMama.
I normally do get an email notification that I have shops after they have been assigned, but sometimes it is a day or two later, LOL.
I got an email notice last night. I don't know how long after it had been assigned that I received the notice. I was just happy that they didn't sit in application for days.

What's done is done. An egg cracked cannot be cured.
There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.
I will be happy to complete this shop for you by the due date.

I live in walking distance of this shop and can do it for you on any day you wish, although XX/XX/XX would be ideal.

I enjoy doing shops of this type.

I last completed this shop on XX/XX/XX and would be delighted to do it again.

Sometimes, but not with IPSOS, I write a personal note to the scheduler... I.E. "Fred, Tuesday sounds great for pizza. How's Wilma?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2017 08:17PM by Rousseau.
I don't write anything above what I need to in the application box. However, immediately after I apply, I email my scheduler with a list of locations and the dates I want to do them, and I generally get everything I ask for.
I like to include a silly joke. I doubt most schedulers actually read them.

“I am convinced that knowledge is power - to overcome the past, to change our own situations, to fight new obstacles, to make better decisions.” ~Ben Carson
No one is reading what you type. I type only a period to satisfy the requirement of having something in the box and get a good amount of them in my area each month.
@jasimon1 wrote:

No one is reading what you type. I type only a period to satisfy the requirement of having something in the box and get a good amount of them in my area each month.

Really? If this is true, I've been wasting a lot of time. Not only do I say that I can complete it on time, I sometimes add that I will read and follow all the required guidelines or something like that. I copy and paste and request a lot at once, but still. I'll be trying this out next month (I hope) on at least 1 at first!
@arkndove wrote:

@jasimon1 wrote:

No one is reading what you type. I type only a period to satisfy the requirement of having something in the box and get a good amount of them in my area each month.

Really? If this is true, I've been wasting a lot of time. Not only do I say that I can complete it on time, I sometimes add that I will read and follow all the required guidelines or something like that. I copy and paste and request a lot at once, but still. I'll be trying this out next month (I hope) on at least 1 at first!

Yep, I'm pretty sure it's just a system requirement to have that box. I do the same thing with another MSC that uses the same platform and those are all self-assign shops. Why ask for you to type something if it's self assign? Once I realized that, I stopped typing anything other than "." there and then just automatically did it with Ipsos and had essentially the same result. Maybe if it was a new client they would review what is being said before they pick people but I highly doubt they are looking at 99.99% of them.
Sometimes, if accurate I'll type "tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll do it tomorrow, it's only a day away!"

Evaluating and mailing packages since 1994
Ah! I think they are mad at me.i apply and the shop sits in the My Applications until the shop is past due. damn autocorrect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2017 04:31AM by 2stepps.
2stepps: email your scheduler a polite email with your locations requests and the dates you wan to do each one.
They read them sometimes. I will occasionally add a comment like "I can only do this job on x date" if I'm applying for a job I want to do in the next day or two, or "I can take x and y jobs as a set." I've received emails from schedulers saying they read the note and could/ could not accommodate my request. Usually, I put the generic "I can complete this job by the due date."
@JASFLALMT wrote:

2stepps: email your scheduler a polite email with your locations requests and the dates you wan to do each one.
I've tried emailing the Ipsos schedulers about shops I was interested in. It didn't help me get any more that the ones I got by just putting in an application. Maybe it works if you've been doing them for a while but not for newbies to the company? I don't know.

What's done is done. An egg cracked cannot be cured.
There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.
It doesn't help me either and I've done quite a bit of work for them over the past few years. I think it might depend on the scheduler.
@sassymmmm wrote:

@JASFLALMT wrote:

2stepps: email your scheduler a polite email with your locations requests and the dates you wan to do each one.
I've tried emailing the Ipsos schedulers about shops I was interested in. It didn't help me get any more that the ones I got by just putting in an application. Maybe it works if you've been doing them for a while but not for newbies to the company? I don't know.

I've only done it with mailing shops, and I generally ask for 8 or more shops in the same email for various dates. I was new with them as of 2016.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2018 03:29AM by JASFLALMT.
I always write "I can complete this assignment between date and date." That is so that I can easily cancel, with reason, if they assign it to me 7 days outside of the time frame initially posted.
I'm sure she gets hundreds of emails per day. Try making your title something like this:
Can do route of CityA, CityB, CityC, and CityD at base rate on 1/10 only. Please respond.
My scheduler is very responsive to me, but I'm usually including a city that she knows she'll have to bonus at the end of the month. If she has the option to bonus it at half the normal bonus by giving me 4 others in the area, she usually does so.

“I am convinced that knowledge is power - to overcome the past, to change our own situations, to fight new obstacles, to make better decisions.” ~Ben Carson
I definitely put something in my subject line that capture's her attention, though I don't word exactly as you did above. I always get the shops I ask for so whatever I am doing is working!
I am a new shopper and I agree with you wishing they would give a heads up if you have been assigned a shop. I feel like a chicken with my head cut off trying to keep up with different companies. I have to figure out a system of organization.
Lots of people here use a spreadsheet. I just use a portable calendar book and I write in if I applied, in case I get assigned. I have just about every companies phone number and texting numbers.
I usually write, "Thanks."
If there's a job I see that is lingering and I'm driving through that city, I'll text her.
I still don't think that I get job notifications. I just log on every couple of days and see what's new there. I'll check my phone app too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login