Beware of Scheduler Dru at The Source (Trendsource)

I have completed jobs for Trendsource for over two years now. I have always followed through on every job I have taken. I shop a hard to fill location for them; many times at the last minute. I was assigned a project by a scheduler named Dru for Thursday. It is quite a drive for me so I talk with my kids about it and get them ready for the trek out there. Today Dru texted me and told me that he unassigned me the shop because he found someone who would do it cheaper. Seriously?? Is this the level Trendsource is stooping to now? Who does this?? I understand considering your options before assigning it but this shop was assigned to me and I confirmed it! Has anyone else experienced this from Dru or any other schedulers at Trendsource?

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

Wait... He assigned you a shop and then kept shopping it around until he found somebody to undercut the agreement he had with you? I have never had that happen with Trendsource - or any MSC for that matter.

Unless there is more to this, that's worthy of a call to a project manager or higher-up. This is completely not okay.

Hard work builds character and homework is good for your soul.
Nope, that is EXACTLY what happened. He told me they were able to find an agent closer who did not require as much PAD. When I responded asking if taking shops back is something Trendsource is in the habit of doing, he said "No, but we do have to entertain multiple offers to do projects." Ummm... yes, you did that. Then you took my offer and I confirmed it. I told him not to contact me with offers again. I cannot believe the level of unprofessionalism. I called and wrote an email. I have not heard back yet.
That is so wrong. They had a contract with you once you accepted. They should have kept their end of the agreement.
Can you imagine if I had texted him saying, "Well, I've found another shop that offered me more pay. I decided to take it. Obviously, I had to consider all offers. You understand." The fact that he was completely unapologetic annoyed me the most! I blocked his number.
That is wrong, I'd tell someone. I have bee finding some newer problems with the Source due to a new array of schedulers problems. I used to write and get a reply immediately, no more. Shops I once did I'm not getting taken right under my nose jobs I've done for years. They have tons of shops in my town that I did, now I get an email for a job 20 miles away for 17.00, when the one in my town goes to someone else.. I wrote and no answer,, somethings is going on. That was not right of them to do that to you. I know they've gotten many new shoppers and schedulers.....too bad, big loss for loyal shoppers.

Live consciously....


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2018 09:54PM by Irene_L.A..
That's f'ed up! I've never been burned by Trendsource but that is just bad business. He broke the verbal contract that had been made between you two. Imagine if we did that? Keep us posted, I want to know how this plays out.
I'm not worried about my own pockets because I have a new hustle that is much more dependable than mystery shopping. I was just trying to keep my foot in the door at various companies. Tredsource is regularly calling/texting me about shops they need filled ASAP because a shopper flaked. Well, good luck Trendsource. Way to burn bridges.
I work with him all the time and have always found him friendly as well as professional. I cannot believe he would treat you so poorly. I hope it was a mistake.
Do you believe it is professional to take a shop away after it has already been confirmed? Is this the way Trendsource does business with shoppers? I would be happy to provide screen shots of our conversation showing everything I have posted as true and no mistake.
@a171989 wrote:

That's f'ed up! I've never been burned by Trendsource but that is just bad business. He broke the verbal contract that had been made between you two. Imagine if we did that? Keep us posted, I want to know how this plays out.

It wasn't a verbal contract. He texted asking if I would do it and I responded that I would look at my schedule (I wasn't home and needed to look at my other work I have this week). When I got home, I saw the shop sitting in my pending acceptance area and I confirmed it. Now it's gone.
@Liz36 wrote:

@a171989 wrote:

That's f'ed up! I've never been burned by Trendsource but that is just bad business. He broke the verbal contract that had been made between you two. Imagine if we did that? Keep us posted, I want to know how this plays out.

It wasn't a verbal contract. He texted asking if I would do it and I responded that I would look at my schedule (I wasn't home and needed to look at my other work I have this week). When I got home, I saw the shop sitting in my pending acceptance area and I confirmed it. Now it's gone.

Ok I thought this was verbal. Did you get a confirmation email or text?
@a171989 wrote:

@Liz36 wrote:

@a171989 wrote:

That's f'ed up! I've never been burned by Trendsource but that is just bad business. He broke the verbal contract that had been made between you two. Imagine if we did that? Keep us posted, I want to know how this plays out.

It wasn't a verbal contract. He texted asking if I would do it and I responded that I would look at my schedule (I wasn't home and needed to look at my other work I have this week). When I got home, I saw the shop sitting in my pending acceptance area and I confirmed it. Now it's gone.

Ok I thought this was verbal. Did you get a confirmation email or text?

I got an email (after I confirmed the shop) on Monday saying I've been assigned the project. Tuesday he took it back.
I just wanted to post a follow up! I received a reply from Trendsource and they gave the shop back to me. I still don't understand why a scheduler thought this was appropriate but I appreciate the response from Trendsource.
That's great news! Will this be your last shop for them? I think you should just block his email and phone number so you don't see shops from Dru. The company sounds like they are trying to keep you as an IC so don't give up on them yet.
@MFJohnston wrote:

Wait... He assigned you a shop and then kept shopping it around until he found somebody to undercut the agreement he had with you? I have never had that happen with Trendsource - or any MSC for that matter.

Unless there is more to this, that's worthy of a call to a project manager or higher-up. This is completely not okay.


It probably has happened to you, you believed the MSC when they said "the client cancelled".
I have actually had that thought before. My grandparents live in West Virginia, which seems a tougher area to fill in the southern part of the state. On visits to her, I usually try to snag up a good shop to offset gas. I've had a cellphone shop pulled before for "client cancellation" only to have a friend tell me it's still on the job board with make offers... did the client cancel or did the scheduler who confirmed my offer get reprimanded, etc?

I have actually been having issues getting worth with them lately too. I frequently shop in Kentucky, Virginia, and West Virginia as we were close to the state lines. Lately, my usual requests are gone. Perhaps its a worker who takes work at $5, but for many I needed $25 to make it worthwhile. I even tried dropping down to $15 and asking for multiple in one day to see if I could snag a route. They sit until the days cycle through and get extended then disappear without any calls, emails, or offers.

I actually didn't renew my background this year. I haven't even been seeing on-sites as much so I wasn't sure I was interested.

MegglesKat
I am glad you got this resolved. I never thought you were untruthful but was surprised that he did you this way.
@ctalbert wrote:

I am glad you got this resolved. I never thought you were untruthful but was surprised that he did you this way.

I know shoppers come on here and rant without revealing the whole story. This is actually the second time this has happened to me with Trendsource! About a year or so ago I took another shop in this same area (with a different company) to complete at the same time (at a lower rate than I normally do because I had this project with Trensource to bundle it). When the scheduler texted me that she was giving the shop to another shopper, I was so miffed! I asked for a supervisor's number and she gave the shop back to me. When Dru had no qualms about giving me his supervisor's number, it made me wonder if this is just common practice at Trendsource now. I ask for a pretty substantial PAD to go to this far, sketchy area so I completely understand their reluctance to pay me when someone has offered to do it cheaper. However, taking shops back once they have been confirmed is a good way to lose reliable shoppers.
@Liz36 wrote:

I just wanted to post a follow up! I received a reply from Trendsource and they gave the shop back to me. I still don't understand why a scheduler thought this was appropriate but I appreciate the response from Trendsource.

That is great news. Hopefully this scheduler was coached.
I had two experiences within the last few months that were very similar to yours. Once, they called me while I was halfway to a shop that was an hour away and cancelled it. The second time, they removed it without even contacting me, and that one was about 80 miles away. I called and talked to the scheduler and supervisor, and they did nothing. They did not care. I have not shopped for them since. Prior to that, I did multiple shops per week for them, mostly hard to fill ones, and they used to be one of my favorite companies. Apparently now they are conducting business in such disgusting, despicable, unprofessional ways. What a shame. Sorry you had this experience too. Glad they at least gave you the shop back, unlike my experiences.

Happily shopping the Pacific Northwest. Shopping since 2013 and editing since 2018 smiling smiley
@RedRose22 wrote:

I had two experiences within the last few months that were very similar to yours. Once, they called me while I was halfway to a shop that was an hour away and cancelled it. The second time, they removed it without even contacting me, and that one was about 80 miles away. I called and talked to the scheduler and supervisor, and they did nothing. They did not care. I have not shopped for them since. Prior to that, I did multiple shops per week for them, mostly hard to fill ones, and they used to be one of my favorite companies. Apparently now they are conducting business in such disgusting, despicable, unprofessional ways. What a shame. Sorry you had this experience too. Glad they at least gave you the shop back, unlike my experiences.

I just had a different scheduler text me about a different job. I'll be honest--I'm a lot less likely to rearrange my schedule to make my shops fit for them knowing that they may do this.
Based on what i'm reading i don't think it's worthwhile to do shops with them. I don't want to be in a position where i'm out doing a time consuming shop or where i have to lay out $ only to find out the shop was cancelled while i was travelling there or in the process of doing the shop. Not worth the risk.
Do you have any emails or proof that it was assigned to you and the agreed pay? If so you should report this to whoever is above him. It is completely unprofessional!
EDIT
I just saw your update. I am glad they made good and gave you back the shop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2018 10:46PM by SassyShoppin.
I think we should start asking them, when they call, if they are going to cancel when we are enroute. Might as well be blunt and let them know that word is getting around about their bait and switch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2018 12:48AM by margovt.
@SassyShoppin wrote:

Do you have any emails or proof that it was assigned to you and the agreed pay? If so you should report this to whoever is above him. It is completely unprofessional!
EDIT
I just saw your update. I am glad they made good and gave you back the shop.

They gave me the shop but did not confirm or deny that this practice is condoned. Also, since the above poster who knows this scheduler never responded, I'm guessing that this practice is allowed. I asked Trendsource to not allow this scheduler to contact me anymore and they merely stated that he is the scheduler assigned to my area. It sounds like there were zero repercussions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login