Informa Research Services?

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

I've worked on and off with Informa for a number of years. They are a pretty decent middle of the road company to work with.
Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've worked on and off with Informa for a number
> of years. They are a pretty decent middle of the
> road company to work with.


Thanks Flash. They popped up out of the blue on my computer ... some good paying shops (bonused) and the people seem nice.
Yes, I have been doing lots of work for this company. Pay is fair, schedulers are cooperative and payment arrives in the time frame that was quoted. I give them 5 stars today.

Shopping Chicago land since 2010
I am about to do an assignment for them. It was the first time I had a conference call training session.
I do their bank shops. The scenarios are easy, the pay is decent, and the forms do not have much narrative. I look forward to these shops.

They also pay faster than some of the others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2010 02:12AM by computer_man.
I love Informa! I do a lot of "bank jobs" and find the pay is good for the few minutes it takes to do the shop and the report. And they pay promptly!!!
MrsFrank Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love Informa! I do a lot of "bank jobs" and find
> the pay is good for the few minutes it takes to do
> the shop and the report. And they pay promptly!!!


You know, I never do their platform shops because the pay seems a little low. I know that the fee is pretty standard, but I've done banks that pay a lot more. Are the forms and visits really that short?
Some bank platform shop forms are very long, but the ones for the specific bank Informa does (the same bank is also done by ath and Maritz) is very short. You must have a checking account to perform the shop. It's a 5 minute form. (Maybe your first one might take you 10).
I never found their forms onerous and with the banks I visited I usually enjoyed a chat with the platform person, so the time on site almost didn't matter. Unfortunately there were almost never other customers in the bank, so while I got assisted very quickly, I was also an easy target to ID because of a scenario that required transaction IN MY ACCOUNT, questions of the teller and then talk to a banker on an unrelated topic. I no longer can do the bank they have in my area because I was identified by name. Not hard to do when the time of visit is recorded on the forms and there were no other customers around during the entire time of the visit. Just look at teller transactions to find a name.
AustinMom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some bank platform shop forms are very long, but
> the ones for the specific bank Informa does (the
> same bank is also done by ath and Maritz) is very
> short. You must have a checking account to
> perform the shop. It's a 5 minute form. (Maybe
> your first one might take you 10).


Good to know, thanks. I do have a checking account with that bank, but I'm always a little reluctant to provide that kind of information to MSCs. Perhaps I'll give this one a shot.
nicely, I have been really pleased with the platform shops for this bank: easy with easy reports. My only disappointment was when the bank decided it wanted shoppers to be limited to one bank shop per day. That cut into my easy profits......
I have had nothing but good experiences with their shops and their personnel. Thumbs up.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
nicelytwicely Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MrsFrank Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I love Informa! I do a lot of "bank jobs" and
> find
> > the pay is good for the few minutes it takes to
> do
> > the shop and the report. And they pay
> promptly!!!
>
>
> You know, I never do their platform shops because
> the pay seems a little low. I know that the fee
> is pretty standard, but I've done banks that pay a
> lot more. Are the forms and visits really that
> short?


Mine was ... the shortest one I've ever had!
They are an excellent company!!! FAST PAY

**** Action Stations, Launch All Vipers *******
I agree, nice schedulers, straight forward shops, and pay is quick,and on time.

I don't do much with them only because the choice is limited here, and I think you have to do X number of on-site shops before you see the phone shops -- Either that, or I'm looking in the wrong place.
Phone shops generally get taken very quickly, even though they limit the number you can take for a particular client. I landed on a list of about 20 of them the other day and it broke my heart that I was limited to 2 and only 1 per day.
I can't do this round of Banks, as I used to have an account with that branch but closed everything down to go with my current credit union where I get much more, but still, great pay, bad timing for me. They are a good company and located in Calabasas where I lived for years...high rent area.

Live consciously....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login