Gapbuster Rant

Ugh, I keep trying but I’m on the verge of just not taking anymore assignments for this company - name starts with a G... In August I was asked to do a car shop in San Antonio. I agree and started the process of getting the appointment. They had no drive dates available it I could do until September so I notified the scheduler and took the date.Well, that weekend turned out to be the weekend - Saturday - that San Antonio had torrential flooding and I braved the rain and went down there anyway.

Problems started when the staff didn’t and couldn’t find my appointment even after I showed them the email and call confirming it. They said well, we aren’t doing any test drives due to the flooding anyway but we will show you the cars and answer questions. So that’s what happened. I’ve done other shops for this client and company and this was the most uninvolved and unprofessional experience. They didn’t even bother to get my name and contact for follow up!

I’m feeling uneasy but I submit then ahops anyway and added the storm information and the fact that a major accident right outside also happened just as we were parking the car. The report did get some questions and after some back and forth they appeared to accept it. I got an email about follow up - which didn’t happen- and I move on expecting payment in November at the latest.

It’s Drcember. No payment - I’m not getting any response to my enquirers. I’ve emailed the us shopper email and got. Told that I would be paid by end of Nov and I haven’t been . Sent enquirers through the site. Still nothing. I was supposed to shop the same client for them this month in another city but I’ve rescheduled until I get paid. They know that but still have not replied.

Sigh, I guess it’s time to cut bait but I do still want the $$$ I earned when I did the September shop - I just don’t want to have to chase it and I won’t do any more shops until this last one is paid...

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

There are several threads on GapBuster. In the shops that I have completed for them I have always been paid but it took many follow ups to get it done. Also the survey form is not designed very well and therefore there are always questions from them by email or text message requiring more info. I now only do shops from them that are heavily bonused and I know what to expect.
Moderator Note:

MSC name replaced as client name removed in previous member's post.

Remove the name of the client from your post.

The internet doesn't make you smart. It makes you good at regurgitation.
I cut a company loose today, because their editors kept trying to trip me up in my questionaire. I finally got tired of it, finished the shop they were back and forth on, then waited until I received my final check from them. Then I went online and deleted myself from their website. Sometimes, it's just not worth the pay.
I shop for 10 to 15 companies on a regular basis, this was the first time this had happened.
I have but the name of the company was also removed before I did so. Can the company name now be placed back since I removed the client name?
It should have gone better than it did ...no idea how I got a confirmation email and call just the day before if they didn’t have my appt. I’ll keep trying to get paid but I won’t do another shop for them until I’m paid for this one. I did what I was supposed to do- its not my fault the employees didn’t and that San Antonio flooded.
@TexGmn wrote:

I have but the name of the company was also removed before I did so. Can the company name now be placed back since I removed the client name?

The. Company name is in my post just after your original one. They are also known as GBW.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2018 01:12AM by kenasch.
I am so done with them. I did five car shops. Made an appoimtment by following the directions they gave. Fifth time, they said I could not call the dealer, I should book with the 1-800 number. They do not book that way. The 1-800 people told me to call the dealer. They took the first four, rejected the fifth, even though I made the appointment the same way I had with the others. They $@#!.

I told them I am done. I get constant emails about doing more of these car shops and their shoe shops.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2018 03:05AM by Niner.
@Niner wrote:

I am so done with them. I did five car shops. Made an appoimtment by following the directions they gave. Fifth time, they said I could not call the dealer, I should book with the 1-800 number. They do not book that way. The 1-800 people told me to call the dealer. They took the first four, rejected the fifth, even though I made the appointment the same way I had with the others. They $@#!.

I told them I am done. I get constant emails about doing more of these car shops and their shoe shops.

I made my appointment online. It was incredibly easy. Took no more than 90 seconds from start to finish.

There are reasons that a body stays in motion
At the moment only demons come to mind
I love GBW. Their shops are sooooooooo easy and they often bonus very well. You have to go in knowing that sometimes they're gonna ask ridiculous follow up questions and sometimes they're gonna pay you when they get around to it. I do not suggest doing their work as your primary income source but they make for fantastic filler work.

There are reasons that a body stays in motion
At the moment only demons come to mind
@bgriffin wrote:

I love GBW. Their shops are sooooooooo easy and they often bonus very well. You have to go in knowing that sometimes they're gonna ask ridiculous follow up questions and sometimes they're gonna pay you when they get around to it. I do not suggest doing their work as your primary income source but they make for fantastic filler work.

I don't have too many problems with them either. They are based in Manilla, so the currency conversion, being able to get someone on the phone and some of the language barriers makes it a bit difficult. I've done their car test drives and usually make out very well at around $75-$100 each.
@bgriffin wrote:

@Niner wrote:

I am so done with them. I did five car shops. Made an appoimtment by following the directions they gave. Fifth time, they said I could not call the dealer, I should book with the 1-800 number. They do not book that way. The 1-800 people told me to call the dealer. They took the first four, rejected the fifth, even though I made the appointment the same way I had with the others. They $@#!.

I told them I am done. I get constant emails about doing more of these car shops and their shoe shops.

I made my appointment online. It was incredibly easy. Took no more than 90 seconds from start to finish.

I would do it that way if I did it again. But, I am still inflamed about three hours of my life wasted because I booked the test drive the way the car company itself said I should and had been accepted all times prior.
I don’t have a problem with the shops themselves, it’s the process of trying to get paid for them. If I’ve done my part then I should be paid in a timely manner not when the company gets around to it or when they feel like it. That’s my major issue with this. That and the lack of a response to my inquiries.
Well, they responded to my enquiry that’s it’s in payment processing. I don’t see it on the site but hopefully it is. I’m to get another update in 2-3 days.

Krystal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2018 09:49PM by TexGmn.
They take forever to pay. Pending can still mean weeks. They will pay you though, unless they decide not to for some bs reason.
Well, I reiterated that I won’t do the shop they want done until I’m paid so maybe that’ll speed it up. It’s worked before.
I only agreed to do the test drive because the car is too cool for words. 4th time, always got paid but had problems with their sport shoe outlet shops because the questions on the form are unanswerable. The new reporting software is easy to use so lets hope I get paid for this shop by the end of next year.
@optikdave wrote:

I only agreed to do the test drive because the car is too cool for words. 4th time, always got paid but had problems with their sport shoe outlet shops because the questions on the form are unanswerable. The new reporting software is easy to use so lets hope I get paid for this shop by the end of next year.

They changed the report a bit for the sport shoe client but it’s still difficult to complete. There is no way to report interactions with more than one employee. The report assumes you are helped by the same employee for shoes, clothing,, fitting room and cashier which is often not the case. This then leads to follow up questions from them via email or text. A better designed report would preclude this and I’ve told them so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2018 11:14PM by kenasch.
@kenasch wrote:

@optikdave wrote:

I only agreed to do the test drive because the car is too cool for words. 4th time, always got paid but had problems with their sport shoe outlet shops because the questions on the form are unanswerable. The new reporting software is easy to use so lets hope I get paid for this shop by the end of next year.

They changed the report a bit for the sport shoe client but it’s still difficult to complete. There is no way to report interactions with more than one employee. The report assumes you are helped by the same employee for shoes, clothing,, fitting room and cashier which is often not the case. This then leads to follow up questions from them via email or text. A better designed report would preclude this and I’ve told them so.

Hi TexGmn,

We are sorry for responding you late in the enquiry. I believe we have explained the situation of your payment regarding the assignment as you say we have responded back to you. If you have any further inquiries, do send us an email to ShopperPaymentUSA@gbw.solutions .
Thank you.
@Niner wrote:

I am so done with them. I did five car shops. Made an appoimtment by following the directions they gave. Fifth time, they said I could not call the dealer, I should book with the 1-800 number. They do not book that way. The 1-800 people told me to call the dealer. They took the first four, rejected the fifth, even though I made the appointment the same way I had with the others. They $@#!.

I told them I am done. I get constant emails about doing more of these car shops and their shoe shops.

Hi Niner,

Please drop us an email at ShopperPaymentUSA@gbw.solutions with your shopper code so we could investigate the issue regarding the assignment further.
Thank you.
@optikdave wrote:

I only agreed to do the test drive because the car is too cool for words. 4th time, always got paid but had problems with their sport shoe outlet shops because the questions on the form are unanswerable. The new reporting software is easy to use so lets hope I get paid for this shop by the end of next year.

Hi optikdave,

Do contact us via “Shopper Enquiry Line” in Shopper Portal or drop us an email at ShopperPaymentUSA@gbw.solutions and we will help to check the assignment for you.
Thank you.
@GBW Representative wrote:

@Niner wrote:

I am so done with them. I did five car shops. Made an appoimtment by following the directions they gave. Fifth time, they said I could not call the dealer, I should book with the 1-800 number. They do not book that way. The 1-800 people told me to call the dealer. They took the first four, rejected the fifth, even though I made the appointment the same way I had with the others. They $@#!.

I told them I am done. I get constant emails about doing more of these car shops and their shoe shops.

Hi Niner,

Please drop us an email at ShopperPaymentUSA@gbw.solutions with your shopper code so we could investigate the issue regarding the assignment further.
Thank you.

You refused to pay me for a shop I did the same way every other time. We went back and forth maybe ten times or more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2018 11:15PM by Niner.
GBW Representative - welcome to this forum. Can you address the ongoing issues that so many of us have reported regarded timely payment? It seems that payments are often late and it takes many reminders to finally get paid. What is GBW’s position going forward on the payment policy.?
Yes, you responded and maybe it will really be processed this month. I’m hopeful but the real problem is that this happens all the time. Payments have never been timely according to your own policy as stated on the site and that creates a cycle by which shoppers don’t want to do shops because we feel that we will be “chasing” the payment. The shops are not the issue for me , the way payment is handled or not handled is.
TexGmn- you are so right. I know I would do many more shops for them if they paid as promised.
Send me your EMAIL AND i'LL send you all my correspondence including the ones that I told them to fxxx off . I am done talking to the bureacracy. My issues go back 2 years so If you will help it will be a bonus. It was the Jotbuster portal that got things mucked. optikdave@aol.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login