Which MSCs provide training in person?

Which MSCs provide training in person? Do you receive a certification or similar after the training?

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

The only training in person I have received is for the company that does Shake Shack. I do not want to mention the company name as this has been mentioned over and over in this forum about the Shake Shack jobs and also formerly about the Chipotle jobs. So I feel it would be breaking my agreement to reveal the company which could be easily linked to these posts. There are also several companies that do training over the phone for bank jobs. Not in person. I am not signed up with all the companies so there may be others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2019 11:23PM by sandyf.
Most MSCs will NOT do this. Their legal teams have advised them that doing much training might magically turn shoppers into employees. (They may be wrong, but the MSCs don't want to find out!)

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
There was an app that had MS shops on it that you couldn't do without going through a full day's training with one of their experienced "experts" and you didn't even get paid for it. I forget the name, but I remember being annoyed that I spent an hour downloading, applying and going through the vetting process when I learned about the required training. I already know how to mystery shop, I'm not sure what a whole day of training would have done for me.

Shopping the South Jersey Shore
At one time, Melinda Brody had a chap who traveled for training, but the perspective shopper was required to complete at least one, possibly two assignments, with the trainer receiving the fees.
The MSC that does Shake Shake and formerly had Chipotle as a client (which I hope happens again) PAID for training, YAY!
@JASFLALMT wrote:

The MSC that does Shake Shake and formerly had Chipotle as a client (which I hope happens again) PAID for training, YAY!

Not only paid but fed us whatever we wanted to order!
Okay: clue...it's a rarely discussed company and the first letter begins with a letter in the first half of the alphabet. Actually, I think if you were to use Google you might find it quicker, as they were never shy about disclosing their clients. But, it's against forum rules, so...go phish!
I guess I will just have to sign up for more mystery shops! =)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2019 03:58AM by krystle920.
If you find other companies that have training let us know, otherwise be aware that we are not allowed by the agreements we sign to connect the msc with the client. When I first started with the msc who does these shops there was no application process. Shoppers were invited by the msc to go to the training. I did hear years later that some were able to apply to work for them. Good luck.
Why would you mention the clients when OP is looking for the MSC?

Not nice!

@sandyf wrote:

The only training in person I have received is for the company that does Shake Shack. I do not want to mention the company name as this has been mentioned over and over in this forum about the Shake Shack jobs and also formerly about the Chipotle jobs. So I feel it would be breaking my agreement to reveal the company which could be easily linked to these posts. There are also several companies that do training over the phone for bank jobs. Not in person. I am not signed up with all the companies so there may be others.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Why do a whole lot of shoppers say they will not share which companies they use due to competition? There are lots of reasons. For me it is because I thought the question was too specific and directed at finding this particular company. It has been mentioned over and over on the boards that this particular shop has a training attached to it. If someone described a particular client and asked, for instance, who shops the restaurant that has a blue and pink panther as their logo and sells burgers made of antelope meat I think this is very specific. No one else has mentioned any other companies doing training. There are lots of other companies out there aside from the one who does the place I mentioned. If there were others than we would see some answers.. If you would like to send a pm to the person and tell the company that is fine with me. Or the op or you can start another thread with the same question worded a bit differently and then anyone else who wants to answer it can without feeling the client is mentioned. There are lots of ways to get around the rules if they try. Pretty easy to just start another thread.

@HonnyBrown wrote:

Why would you mention the clients when OP is looking for the MSC?

Not nice!

@sandyf wrote:

The only training in person I have received is for the company that does Shake Shack. I do not want to mention the company name as this has been mentioned over and over in this forum about the Shake Shack jobs and also formerly about the Chipotle jobs. So I feel it would be breaking my agreement to reveal the company which could be easily linked to these posts. There are also several companies that do training over the phone for bank jobs. Not in person. I am not signed up with all the companies so there may be others.
HSBrands does casino training in person. If you go, you'll be first in line for their multi-day shops.

Seriously, nobody cares that you're offended.

(Yes, I stole Hoju's tagline.)
I did in person training for chipotle a zillion years ago, maybe 2004?

It really wasn’t a big deal, $20 and a burrito. I guess if that’s a big deal ....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login