Ipsos

Is it just me or has Ipsos since they merged with GFK gotten really vague on what the shop actually is? I've looked at both their e-mails and their job board postings and have actually not had a clue as to what I am supposed to do on the shop.

What does padlocks and pavers mean, really? If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't know what to expect if I applied to one of their shops.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

Padlocks are portable locks with a shackle that may be passed through an opening to prevent use or theft.

Pavers are paving stones that are often used for walkways or patios. In fact, I just installed several dozen that I purchased at a Big Box store to upgrade a muddy area leading to the back yard.

@wrosie wrote:

Is it just me or has Ipsos since they merged with GFK gotten really vague on what the shop actually is? I've looked at both their e-mails and their job board postings and have actually not had a clue as to what I am supposed to do on the shop.

What does padlocks and pavers mean, really? If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't know what to expect if I applied to one of their shops.

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
I guess I wasn't clear. I understand what the shops are because of the feedback on the forum and my experience.

My point was, am I mistaken that Ipsos is very vague in the information they provide in their e-mails and job board postings.
Maybe your example was not too great. I think everybody would know those two terms or be able to do a google search to find out. Do you have another example?
@Msaddict wrote:

Maybe your example was not too great. I think everybody would know those two terms or be able to do a google search to find out. Do you have another example?

Yes everybody knows what they are. But what do you do with them for the shop?
Several years ago, I had to ask about pavers. After asking a few times, I learned how to install them. So, that is what I did with those on a shop.

I never had to ask about padlocks. I guess I would ask which were hardest to pick, or break, or etc.
@wrosie wrote:

@Msaddict wrote:

Maybe your example was not too great. I think everybody would know those two terms or be able to do a google search to find out. Do you have another example?

Yes everybody knows what they are. But what do you do with them for the shop?

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
@myst4au wrote:

Several years ago, I had to ask about pavers. After asking a few times, I learned how to install them. So, that is what I did with those on a shop.

I never had to ask about padlocks. I guess I would ask which were hardest to pick, or break, or etc.
@wrosie wrote:

@Msaddict wrote:

Maybe your example was not too great. I think everybody would know those two terms or be able to do a google search to find out. Do you have another example?

Yes everybody knows what they are. But what do you do with them for the shop?

FOR THE SHOP not your personal life. Really? What does Ipsos want you to do with pavers or locks during the shop? Giving the product doesn't tell you what they want your to do.
I asked at Home Depot (NOT for this MSC, so no rules broken) for pavers and had a very hard time finding an employee who was familiar with the term. I even said "You know, those tiles or whatever you put on your patio?" LOL. It was embarrassing.
That speaks to the level of training at Home Depot [Moderator: nothing to do with this MSC] since they are sold in the garden department there.
@ceasesmith wrote:

I asked at Home Depot (NOT for this MSC, so no rules broken) for pavers and had a very hard time finding an employee who was familiar with the term. I even said "You know, those tiles or whatever you put on your patio?" LOL. It was embarrassing.

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
pavers are the concrete slabs that go around a firepit when you are building the pit from scratch. They have one on display in the home and garden shop.
@wrosie wrote:

I guess I wasn't clear. I understand what the shops are because of the feedback on the forum and my experience.

My point was, am I mistaken that Ipsos is very vague in the information they provide in their e-mails and job board postings.

In the guidelines, they give you the actual questions to ask, the scenario and the script you have to follow.
I am pretty sure they are on the 3rd round now, I didnt see the bonuses shoppers described in the forum. Without the bonuses they are just too time consuming.
I did 1, the 1st dept was the tool dept. I did all the waiting and finally after almost 20 minutes I get an employee I start the scenario and he says "oh let me go check back stock" and he leaves me standing there for another 7 minutes. He gets back we talk about tools for about another 7 minutes and I go to my second Department. And my second Department the employee couldn't figure out how to use her hand held scanner. So she disappeared while I stood there and waited. She comes back with another employee, and they start taking apart a box of the leaf blower. Long story short, between the first Department, the second Department, the purchase and the return it took about an hour and three-quarters. Way too much time for the $20, IMO.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2019 11:32PM by tstewart3.
...........................................

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2019 02:04AM by justme5.
...........................................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2019 02:03AM by justme5.
@justme5 wrote:

so far no payment and it was supposed to be in my pp account today after they forced me to change my email account to my pp email because i might be fraudulent?
You seem to have a problem with IPSOS so you have dredged up every post you could find about them and added something negative. Please stop!!!

IPSOS does not pay on Wednesdays. For jobs approved by Tuesday, payment is on Friday and worst case, the following Monday.

You probably should consider going back to resets and merchandising.

IPSOS is one of my favorite MSCs after doing this for almost nine years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2019 01:17AM by grille.
@tstewart3 wrote:


In the guidelines, they give you the actual questions to ask, the scenario and the script you have to follow.
I am pretty sure they are on the 3rd round now, I didnt see the bonuses shoppers described in the forum. Without the bonuses they are just too time consuming.
I did 1, the 1st dept was the tool dept. I did all the waiting and finally after almost 20 minutes I get an employee I start the scenario and he says "oh let me go check back stock" and he leaves me standing there for another 7 minutes. He gets back we talk about tools for about another 7 minutes and I go to my second Department. And my second Department the employee couldn't figure out how to use her hand held scanner. So she disappeared while I stood there and waited. She comes back with another employee, and they start taking apart a box of the leaf blower. Long story short, between the first Department, the second Department, the purchase and the return it took about an hour and three-quarters. Way too much time for the $20, IMO.

TOTALLY agree. In my area, they are sending emails several times per day asking for shoppers to complete these, with bonuses up to $20. I did one and will NEVER do another (well, for less than 100 bucks LOL).

You are required to wait a certain amount of minutes in between attempts to attract the attention of employees, of which there are very few. One told me, when I asked about pavers, that he had no idea what I was talking about. He found another employee who told me he knew what they were, but they don't sell that at "this kind of store"...I'm sorry, at a HOME IMPROVEMENT STORE?!

Then I get to go to another department and go through it again. I will tell you that having a conversation about a shop vac with a disinterested employee is painful.

THEN you get to buy something and wait...wait...wait for the return window so you can wait...wait...wait in line at customer service. It took nearly two hours, all told. With the reporting, I barely cleared minimum wage.

Those shops are definitely a "one and done" for me.
Just got this e-mail titled:

"All locations paying 55 dollars. Home improvement shops"
........................................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2019 02:02AM by justme5.
I hear what you are saying, justme5, I understand how you must feel, but my take on it is to pick and choose assignments (that goes with any MSC) to find the ones that suit you best. This particular shop does not work for me and I won't do it. I might do it for $50, but not $20. Now there are some other shops I like a lot and will continue to do, like the shops where you send a package, or the bonused cell phone shops (won't do those at base pay). I am sorry that anyone ever had any difficulty with any MSCs. Working and not getting paid for it is awful.
...............................................

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2019 02:02AM by justme5.
.......................................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2019 02:02AM by justme5.
Why do you feel the need to do that? But if you think you want to do that, just click "edit" on the right side underneath your post and put a period mark or something in the box, then click "save changes".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login