Intellishop

I was told a certain “gambling” establishment has left Intellishop and has hired a new MSC for 2020. Any one know who the new company could be for these areas on the East Coast?

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

As a 4 year member, you may have learned that both forum rules and our ICAs mean that we cannot share which client is with which MSC. Your request, as worded, sals pretty close to the wind on that, since the MSC mentioned probably had only ONE casino client in that area.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
I didn’t mention the casino. FYI there are 4 different casinos in the area, all owned by different companies.
I've always had this gripe on walking on the thin line when breaking confidentiality, even when you're not clearly naming the client, tying it to its MSC. ("Hedgehog shops," "the large Canadian MSC," "hotel chain with Titanium" etc.). In my professional line of work, I often get taken out to lunch by a variety of vendors, pipe mills, etc. that are stupid friendly, but are good in their job trying to pry confidential information from me on my clients and the large capital projects I'm working on.... They'd go around saying, "Are you guys working on the project that keeps getting headlines, or work their way around it without calling out the client's name or project name?" Answering it, even if I say "maybe," is STILL a very grey area in my confidentiality agreements I typically abide to with the clients, so I'm always puzzled by what I see as a Black & White rule on "not calling out the client and MSC" in the same thread as a forum rule, when something like this thread even though the MSC was named and the casino wasn't clearly named is still walking on thin ice and could be argued as breaking confidentiality.

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 30 year old male and willing to travel! Badged for Denver International Airport.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2020 05:51PM by Tarantado.
Understood; however, neither the client nor the “new” company was named in this case. Intellishop no longer has a contract with the client. It’s sad they no longer are dealing with them. Not sure why but I know for a fact the client hired someone else.
You would probably have learned much more helpful information if you had simply done a search on the Forum for "Which MSCs shop casinos?" (there are several threads about casinos). And then, depending on what you learned from the Search, do the leg work of looking up/signing up with the MSC and seeing what's in your area of interest. It's doubtful you will get any responses in this thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2020 09:20PM by guysmom.
The confidentiality thing is a fig leaf anyway, when half the MSC's out there have the names and/or logos and/or endorsements of their clients posted on their web sites. Nevertheless, you sign the agreement, you abide by the agreement. You join the forum, you follow the rules. You find a way to work around it without breaking the rules, so what?
Exactly. And when I search for MSC casino shops in this forum, I don’t care to sift through messages from 2011 for an hour. Just wondering if anyone knew and it appears no one does yet. It may be new news.
Well, I just got word that Intelli-Shop canceled the rest of the mystery shops for 2020.
Funny, yesterday I got emails asking (begging) me to take their burger place......must have happened when I was asleep...will check it out.

Live consciously....
I got a call 5 minutes ago asking me to do another burger shop here in MD. The only way I'll do it if it's delivery, but this one is a dine-in. NOPE
I just checked Intellishop's site and all their burgers places are still on the board, no change and now offering 13.00....someone must have a hangover

Live consciously....


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2020 05:00PM by Irene_L.A..
Someone from this company contacted me on LinkedIn and asked me to fill out an app. Is it worth it?
@Forever Blue wrote:

Well, I just got word that Intelli-Shop canceled the rest of the mystery shops for 2020.


Where did you get word from?
Are you not required to sign/agree to a confidentiality agreement, ethics code/disclosure? Our Procurement and Contracts Department have strict policy rules in place. No wining, dining, gift acceptance.

i do agree with you regarding your point here though. So silly to me sometimes. "Hints" given without naming the MSC that a lot of people will get.


@Tarantado wrote:

I've always had this gripe on walking on the thin line when breaking confidentiality, even when you're not clearly naming the client, tying it to its MSC. ("Hedgehog shops," "the large Canadian MSC," "hotel chain with Titanium" etc.). In my professional line of work, I often get taken out to lunch by a variety of vendors, pipe mills, etc. that are stupid friendly, but are good in their job trying to pry confidential information from me on my clients and the large capital projects I'm working on.... They'd go around saying, "Are you guys working on the project that keeps getting headlines, or work their way around it without calling out the client's name or project name?" Answering it, even if I say "maybe," is STILL a very grey area in my confidentiality agreements I typically abide to with the clients, so I'm always puzzled by what I see as a Black & White rule on "not calling out the client and MSC" in the same thread as a forum rule, when something like this thread even though the MSC was named and the casino wasn't clearly named is still walking on thin ice and could be argued as breaking confidentiality.
With all due respect, I don't see any difference in what the OP did here and other conventions such as calling something a "blue/green/yellow station" in threads where their MSC's are stated.
@Madetoshop wrote:

Are you not required to sign/agree to a confidentiality agreement, ethics code/disclosure? Our Procurement and Contracts Department have strict policy rules in place. No wining, dining, gift acceptance.

i do agree with you regarding your point here though. So silly to me sometimes. "Hints" given without naming the MSC that a lot of people will get.

Sounds like you’re in the public sector.

Yes, we can wine and dine, and even accept gifts, as long as it falls within the guidelines of the anti-bribery laws we follow.

And while we do have confidentiality agreements in place, there are cases where we merge into the same clients they work for, so it’s a grey area if it’s information they’re allowed to know.

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 30 year old male and willing to travel! Badged for Denver International Airport.
You are very smart. Used to be. The private sector is not as vigilant, but policies and ethics still prevail.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login