Customer Perspectives

I had a bad experience with this company.They have horrible editors who nitpick your report .I performed a combo bank shop for this company where I was to interview the teller and the member service rep. I was paid for only the member service portion and they said that I did not attempt to make small conversation with the teller mind you she is the one who introduced me to the member service rep.When I replied to the editor she said I was being rude and unprofessional as I as I did not follow the scenario. I had done yet another bank shop for them where I was to evaluate a member service rep about investments. I reported the truth saying that this person was not very helpful as she referred all my questions to her manager who was not in at the moment . The editor questioned me when I gave the member service rep an average instead of excellent rating .I refused to modify my report apparently this company does not like to reveal the truth to their clients.When they refused to pay me again I quit and they wrote me a sarcastic email saying how they have been in business for 27 years.
Beware of this company their pay is above average however the experience and headache is not worth it.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

I check their job board on a regular and routine basis because they have some really nice jobs from time to time in my area. Over the years I have found that they pay better than many and I have found them great to deal with. Some of their shops I do not find worthwhile, but I have never had an issue with them regarding reports or payment. When I have had difficulties with particular observations of a shop being impossible to perform and emailed about them the response has been quick, supportive and helpful. I have no beef with these folks so perhaps you hit someone on a bad day and responded in kind.
Like Flash, I have done several shops for this company and never had a problem. In fact, there was one instance where I could not access the location (through no fault of my own) and they paid me the entire fee, regardless.

In terms of criticizing your report for not attempting to make small talk, I find that highly unusual. I've never seen that as a requirement for a shopper, but they do often ask if the REP made any effort to initiate small talk or personalize the experience in some way.

Sorry you had problems, mysteryme. I like CP.
I found them to be a British company for the most part. Glad to hear they have jobs in the US, but, none on the West Coast.

Live consciously....
I renign on my post (half way), they did start in NH, but are big in the UK.

Live consciously....
Irene, I think you might have this mixed up with another company. CP definitely has jobs on the west coast.
Irene_L.A. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, I hope so, time will tell.


Not sure what you mean. I can say assuredly that the company has jobs on the west coast.
NT, the West Coast is large, so, although they might have jobs in No. Calif., that doesn't do me any good. The question is will they have any jobs around my area.

Live consciously....
I don't know exactly where you are, but they have jobs in Southern CA. I've done something there for them myself, in Los Angeles. Lots of towns in CA show on on the job board.
I just signed, so can't (yet) get access to the job board. Waiting for acceptence.

Live consciously....
Warning: This User Has Been Banned or Is No Longer Active
Irene_L.A. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just signed, so can't (yet) get access to the
> job board. Waiting for acceptence.


Excuse me, but a few posts back you were saying they had no jobs in your area? How would you have known that if you were not even signed up with them? I'm confused.
I think she was thinking about a different company, which was why the posts seemed so odd.
When I found their link and tried to research this company. I was taken to the U.K. site. That's why I thought they were a British Co. I then found out they were on the East Coast, and assumed that's where their jobs were. I did apply, and got an email saying they would send me jobs in my area when they had them, nothing so far..so, made my assumption from that.... Sorry for the confusion.

Live consciously....
Warning: This User Has Been Banned or Is No Longer Active
Irene_L.A. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I found their link and tried to research this
> company. I was taken to the U.K. site. That's
> why I thought they were a British Co. I then
> found out they were on the East Coast, and assumed
> that's where their jobs were. I did apply, and
> got an email saying they would send me jobs in my
> area when they had them, nothing so far..so, made
> my assumption from that.... Sorry for the
> confusion.


Oh. Thanks for clarifying. I have never seen their UK site.
Athens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Irene_L.A. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > When I found their link and tried to research
> this
> > company. I was taken to the U.K. site. That's
> > why I thought they were a British Co. I then
> > found out they were on the East Coast, and
> assumed
> > that's where their jobs were. I did apply, and
> > got an email saying they would send me jobs in
> my
> > area when they had them, nothing so far..so,
> made
> > my assumption from that.... Sorry for the
> > confusion.
>
>
> Oh. Thanks for clarifying. I have never seen
> their UK site.


I actually think the UK site might be a different company altogether.
This is the same "Customer Pespectives", there is only one....check it out.

Live consciously....
Irene_L.A. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is the same "Customer Pespectives", there is
> only one....check it out.


I did.

I'm guessing the one you found was [www.customerperspectives.co.uk] The one here is: [customerperspectives.com] What gives you the idea that they're the same company, and don't just have the same name? Perhaps I'm wrong and didn't look closely enough, but I saw nothing to indicate that's the case. If you did, I'd be interested in seeing it.
Warning: This User Has Been Banned or Is No Longer Active
nicelytwicely Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Irene_L.A. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This is the same "Customer Pespectives", there
> is
> > only one....check it out.
>
>
> I did.
>
> I'm guessing the one you found was
> [www.customerperspectives.co.uk]
> The one here is: [customerperspectives.com]
> What gives you the idea that they're the same
> company, and don't just have the same name?
> Perhaps I'm wrong and didn't look closely enough,
> but I saw nothing to indicate that's the case. If
> you did, I'd be interested in seeing it.


I think you are correct, Nicely. The US site says this about themselves:

"When Customer Perspectives™ was started in July 1983 by two friends in Hooksett, N.H., we were one of the country’s first mystery shopping companies. Our marketing plan was to penetrate the New Hampshire banking market and then expand in to Massachusetts and throughout the rest of New England."

The UK site says this about themselves:
"Customer Perspectives Limited was established in 2004 with the aim of helping businesses measure and improve their customer experiences.

We have grown from strength to strength, in what we do and who we work with. We are now working with some of the UK's most dynamic and exciting brands."


Irene, you have confused the two companies as one. It is understandable, given the same name, but they are not the same company.
Irene_L.A. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I surrender, not going back to check, too much on
> my mind.


It doesn't matter -- you're not going to do jobs in the UK, anyway! It's really not unusual to have companies with the same name in different countries. In my primary business, one comes to mind right away.
Does anyone have recent experience with Customer Perspectives in the US? I learned they have some shops where I occasionally head for routes and would like to know if they pay when claimed and all that good stuff.
TechSavvy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone have recent experience with Customer
> Perspectives in the US? I learned they have some
> shops where I occasionally head for routes and
> would like to know if they pay when claimed and
> all that good stuff.


Yes, I have. They pay as stated and the forms are reasonable.
They are one of my favs. Never any problems and very nice folks.

*****************************************************************************
A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.

Zen Shin Talks
I don't see them (Customer Perspectives) on the Official List of Mystery Shopping Companies link below? Does anyone know why? I usually check the list before I apply for any company.
That surprised me, too. I haven't checked at V for feedback. I was contacted by a scheduler who schedules for them, so wanted to check them out. Their webpage for their application isn't a secure site, so I put 9's in the SS# field. They can have that when I fax them my W9. I don't know if that's a whole Prophet thing or if just this particular site on their server missed being encrypted.
The owner posted in the forum not too long ago. Have no idea about the list, but they're certainly legit. Go for it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login