Which is worse?

Okay, 2 days ago I had a post moderated where I said:
Time to block somebody. I'm more interested in the food discussion rather than an idiot ranting.

Now this was said after many people had posted including a discussion about food. I was not at all specific about who I was referring to and it might have even been a general statement about nobody in the thread at all. I responded back that I kind of understood why I was moderated but then I asked why if that was unacceptable, why 2 posts from June that I reported as personal attacks on me were not also moderated at the time. I considered these to be much worse than what I said. Here are the 2 posts. Tell me what you think:

PS, they could give a rat's arse about your total interaction with Associates, only the circumstance upon which their product was "sold" to you, as a customer. Not understanding the shop itself really freaks me out about so-called shoppers. But, as a grown person who doesn't know how to say "Whoa, that was awkward" along with that certain look it takes to get the point across and having to ask a "mommy" on a forum what to do about it says you absolutely need someone to help you get that hair out of your face! You should go back to the store and thank her for helping you to better understand the world.

AND:

If you just want opinions that agree with your own then why are you asking? Just report her for moving your hair out of your face; report her to her direct supervisor at Home Depot and to the Department Manager at Home Depot and to the Manager at Home Depot. Imagine that conversation. Report her to the mystery shopping company also. If you feel like you've been affronted by someone then you should report them to someone, especially if you can't bring yourself to report them to themselves! Get some help. Who knows, the hair brushing this time could become an assault next time. And just imagine the other customers who she's been brushing their hair out of their face, you could help them too and future non-compliant receivers of hair brushing!

eta: And report me to this forum for informing you of all of the things that you don't know about this assignment, the client, the hapless retailer and life's important issues! And I will report myself for handing you this valuable mystery shopping and life skills information on a silver platter and not charging you a fee and a bonus.
I have not received an answer back from the moderator yet. Any opinions?

What's done is done. An egg cracked cannot be cured.
There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

I agree. It seems to me that some mods favor some posters over others. I had PMed Jacob at one point about some of my posts getting moderated when I really hadn't posted anything offensive (and my posts were referred to as "personal attacks"winking smiley and he replied that the mods were not perfect. I had pointed out that it seemed some forum members were given a "pass" to write nasty things to and about others without getting moderated. He just said to report anything I see in the forum that seemed offensive. I wrote back that I had done that in the past and nothing happened.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

I agree. It seems to me that some mods favor some posters over others. I had PMed Jacob at one point about some of my posts getting moderated when I really hadn't posted anything offensive (and my posts were referred to as "personal attacks"winking smiley and he replied that the mods were not perfect. I had pointed out that it seemed some forum members were given a "pass" to write nasty things to and about others without getting moderated. He just said to report anything I see in the forum that seemed offensive. I wrote back that I had done that in the past and nothing happened.

I seem to recall you defended my reactions in that thread. I thank you for that smiling smiley

What's done is done. An egg cracked cannot be cured.
There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

That wasn't supposed to be a smiley wink face. Weird.
You must have typed a semicolon in front of the close paren--that's the code for winky: ; ) winking smiley
The code for sunglasses is capital B then close paren: B ) cool smiley
Guess which is my favecool smiley

Equal rights for others does not mean fewer rights for you. It's not pie.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time and it really annoys the pig.
to op, someone prob didnt like the idiot word. im more surprised that u are still giving time to posts from june. its oct. time to move on.

to person op quoted. long windy posts really should be shortened. straight & to the point. mods prob saw length of posts & gave up reading them.
@MSNinja wrote:

to op, someone prob didnt like the idiot word. im more surprised that u are still giving time to posts from june. its oct. time to move on.

to person op quoted. long windy posts really should be shortened. straight & to the point. mods prob saw length of posts & gave up reading them.

You're right about moving on but I was very unhappy about being moderated when I felt under served by the moderators back then. I already knew why this post was moderated, I just think that fair is fair. Those posts had multiple attacks and were clearly aimed at me. My post had a single attack word and wasn't clearly aimed at anyone.
By the way, I still haven' heard back from the moderator. Other than obviously my thread was moved to here.

What's done is done. An egg cracked cannot be cured.
There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.
@sassymmmm wrote:


You're right about moving on but I was very unhappy about being moderated when I felt under served by the moderators back then. I already knew why this post was moderated, I just think that fair is fair. Those posts had multiple attacks and were clearly aimed at me. My post had a single attack word and wasn't clearly aimed at anyone.
By the way, I still haven' heard back from the moderator. Other than obviously my thread was moved to here.

Life sometimes isn't fair. The moderators usually respond to reports from forum members. When you felt Under served by moderators in the past, did you report the posts that you felt should have been moderated? And your reports were ignored? You may have been the only person to believe it was an attack and report it. One report they may or may not ignore. Two reports or more usually get response. If several people reported the idiot attack in your post, that would explain why it was moderated. Sometimes the more reports a post gets, the more likely it is to be moderated. I suspect because the single attack word - idiot - wasn't clearly aimed at anyone, several people believed it might be aimed at them and at multiple people, so probably a lot of people reported the post. Sometimes it's a numbers game - one person feels attacked and the mod may not agree, but if a whole bunch of people report the same post, it probably gets mod action.

I would not expect to hear back from the moderator. The moderators are anonymous. That appears to be at Jacob's direction. If a moderator responded to you, the moderator would be announcing who he or she was.

No, I am not a moderator and I have never been one. These are just my observations and I may be right and I may be wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2017 02:36PM by roflwofl.
Well yes ROFLWOFL I did report those attacks. I think there may have even been more attack posts by the same person that were moderated but I don't remember for sure. My point is that these were not only very personal attacks, the fact that there was more than one of them showed a pattern of abuse by that poster (who still posts on here by the way). At the time I was pretty new to the forum and I questioned whether this was a place I wanted to be. Then someone told me about the toggle switch and I felt empowered to control the abuse. So I stayed.

What's done is done. An egg cracked cannot be cured.
There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.
@sassymmmm wrote:

Okay, 2 days ago I had a post moderated where I said:
Time to block somebody. I'm more interested in the food discussion rather than an idiot ranting.

Now this was said after many people had posted including a discussion about food. I was not at all specific about who I was referring to and it might have even been a general statement about nobody in the thread at all. I responded back that I kind of understood why I was moderated but then I asked why if that was unacceptable, why 2 posts from June that I reported as personal attacks on me were not also moderated at the time. I considered these to be much worse than what I said. Here are the 2 posts. Tell me what you think:

PS, they could give a rat's arse about your total interaction with Associates, only the circumstance upon which their product was "sold" to you, as a customer. Not understanding the shop itself really freaks me out about so-called shoppers. But, as a grown person who doesn't know how to say "Whoa, that was awkward" along with that certain look it takes to get the point across and having to ask a "mommy" on a forum what to do about it says you absolutely need someone to help you get that hair out of your face! You should go back to the store and thank her for helping you to better understand the world.

AND:

If you just want opinions that agree with your own then why are you asking? Just report her for moving your hair out of your face; report her to her direct supervisor at Home Depot and to the Department Manager at Home Depot and to the Manager at Home Depot. Imagine that conversation. Report her to the mystery shopping company also. If you feel like you've been affronted by someone then you should report them to someone, especially if you can't bring yourself to report them to themselves! Get some help. Who knows, the hair brushing this time could become an assault next time. And just imagine the other customers who she's been brushing their hair out of their face, you could help them too and future non-compliant receivers of hair brushing!

eta: And report me to this forum for informing you of all of the things that you don't know about this assignment, the client, the hapless retailer and life's important issues! And I will report myself for handing you this valuable mystery shopping and life skills information on a silver platter and not charging you a fee and a bonus.
I have not received an answer back from the moderator yet. Any opinions?

Hmmm... this is a tough one. Since you've asked for opinions, I'll express mine, meaning no criticism or disrespect to you personally. It seems to me that you are asking which of the three posts you referenced is worse. Two are posts that you viewed as personal attacks against you. One is an attack you made calling no one in particular, or anyone on the thread, an idiot. Name-calling is definitely an attack. I'm sure a lot of forum members, even those who did not post to the thread, reported it.

My opinion is that calling unspecified posters on a thread "an idiot ranting" is worse. If I were the moderator, and I am not, I would have moderated you. The two posts you quoted that you believe were directed toward you and you viewed as personal attacks do not seem to me to be personal attacks. Although I think the second one is rude and snarky, I don't see it as an attack. This is a public forum and responses will be made to what is posted - I think posters are sometimes oversensitive to what is posted in response to their posts. Again, I am not a moderator, but I would not have moderated either of those posts.

And, again, you asked for opinions, so I've given mine. I also agree with others who have expressed the opinion that you should move on.
AustinMom I obviously disagree with your opinion, but I can respect it. I can see your point about my post and I regret it, though at the time I didn't think of it as an attack. It won't be repeated. But I still think that the 2 posts I quoted above were worse. However, I have moved on. I even unblocked the person who posted them because she has not repeated her actions since then, as far as I can tell.
BTW in the thread I am talking about the only thing I asked for was whether other people thought I should report this associate who decided to move hair out of my face. Many other posters managed to give their opinions both pro and con without getting nasty about it. The contrast between those posters and the one I've quoted is Night and Day. But I have moved on.

What's done is done. An egg cracked cannot be cured.
There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2017 10:24PM by sassymmmm.
There have been plenty of times I purposefully insulted someone and knew it, and I went OFF on them I am sure. I deserved to get moderated on those occasions (maybe) but I got to vent and let that person know how I felt. I don't plan on changing that part of my behavior, I am not generally like that without provocation and usually I am pretty rational (I'd like to think I am mostly a pleasant person). Other times I posted something that got moderated, it was a pretty mild infraction. On several occasions it was in a completely joking manner with another forum member with whom I banter with frequently and they weren't offended. I think I have also joked around with people who got offended too...I know it is difficult to interpret tone in writing at times. I don't know the rhyme or reason behind the moderating in this forum, but it certainly can be annoying when it was something that pales in comparison to another forum member's nasty attack. And I may have called someone an idiot before, can't really remember. If I wrote that about/to someone, it means that they probably really are one.
Someone said something about me that was so nasty and it wasn't the first time, it stayed up for too long. I had to report it directly to Jacob and he got it deleted immediately, it was abusive to the whole forum, but directed at me. I'd throw that person out the door, he/she had been suspended briefly, but has returned and still allowed to write about subjects most of us are not interested in. Doubt they shop, just a pot stirrer, if you know what I mean.
Others get deleted by Mods while saying nothing compared to my nasty poster....can't figure it out.

When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping....
@Irene_L.A. wrote:

...but has returned and still allowed to write about subjects most of us are not interested in.

And, they go on and ON and ON about drivel, it really is annoying, I agree, Irene.
I think being moderated is like getting a speeding ticket. Almost everyone speeds, but only a few ever get ticketed. It's not fair, but that's how it goes.
Well sometimes, Chris, but there are times I am not speeding and I still get a ticket. How is that fair?
@JASFLALMT wrote:

Well sometimes, Chris, but there are times I am not speeding and I still get a ticket. How is that fair?
u go to court & fight it. i won my case.
The moderators try to be fair to everyone. If you don't use abusive language, you shouldn't have too many issues with your posts being deleted.
Since anyone can google it or search for it, those two posts that are referred to were made by me, obviously.

I was trying to convey that, since the big box store is not the Client (but you didn't know that), you could easily convey your "personal" message to the conveyor. This actually speaks to the recent thread by moosehoose. Me, personally, I don't live in a world where I get to wonder whether something is appropriate and if I have the right to do something about it.

A company rep/owner called me and she was trying to get me to take the remaining convenience store shops. I told her I could do them all but I have to do them all in one day on my day off on Friday. We had been emailing back and forth and my final email back to her was asking how many I can do in one day, and only that question. This is having asked her the same question in all the previous emails but she hadn't addressed it. She didn't email back until the next day and I'd already filled my Friday. She calls me and says I can do up to six because after six shops shoppers mixed up the shops. Well, I don't mix up shops, ever. She had the nerve to say I hadn't gotten back to her. What she meant to say was I hadn't made a commitment to complete the shops without all of my negotiations worked out, only hers. Because of shoppers who mix up shops, don't understand who the client is or what the shop is measuring, bring their personal baggage to work and because of the desperate shenanigans by MSCs, we all lost; her, her company, the client and myself.

That is where I was when I responded.

I've felt like I've been "attacked" on this forum many, many times but I haven't reported it because they weren't attacking me personally, just the poster that I am on this forum. I've given a thumbs down one time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2017 01:58AM by spicy1.
Spicy, just because I've now moved past it doesn't mean I don't still consider what you said, with the words you actually used,an attack. I was trying to avoid another confrontation with you by not mentioning you by name. If you were to say similar things to me again, I would report it again. Just because my desire to avoid confrontation when possible is different from yours, doesn't make it okay for you to blast me. We each live our lives our own way and as long as they don't conflict with someone else's life that should be okay. Your posts are the only one's I've ever reported on here. That should tell you something. But I don't want to get into another big argument with you about it. I will drop it if you will.

What's done is done. An egg cracked cannot be cured.
There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.
I don't know. You brought it up so I get to answer to it. That's how life is. It's obvious you were talking about me.
Had you mentioned your vision of what is not fair on this forum as far as moderating is concerned without pulling my response to your thread out of the abyss I would have just ignored this thread because I get that this forum sometimes moderates heavily or lightly depending on who know what. You can't talk about someone in court, at work etc. without them being present or otherwise able to answer to your accusations. I saw your other post in the national parks thread and unless you are a child bride I would think you are old enough to be able to handle an affront by anyone, be it a big box store employee or an anonymous poster on a thread.
@sassymmmm wrote:

But I don't want to get into another big argument with you about it. I will drop it if you will.

After starting a thread to complain and quoting her posts, do you realize how ludicrous that sounds? You started trouble, but you suddenly don't want trouble? You thought she attacked you but only you reported an attack, the mod didn't agree, and her posts were not moderated. You actually attacked someone and your post was moderated. You took it to the court of public opinion and didn't get the agreement you expected. Now's the time to drop it and move on.
I've admitted that I made a mistake by calling someone a name. I wish you could do the same. However, I'm done arguing about this after this post. I have my opinion on what constitutes an attack on me which apparently is at odds with other's, including the moderator's opinion. I generally don't let things like this bother me because I've done a lot of customer service work and I thought I'd heard it all. Apparently I haven't.

What's done is done. An egg cracked cannot be cured.
There are 3 kinds of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.
@sassymmmm wrote:

I've admitted that I made a mistake by calling someone a name. I wish you could do the same. However, I'm done arguing about this after this post. I have my opinion on what constitutes an attack on me which apparently is at odds with other's, including the moderator's opinion. I generally don't let things like this bother me because I've done a lot of customer service work and I thought I'd heard it all. Apparently I haven't.

I think the problem here is that you can't let it go. OK, you called someone a name. You think your name-calling as not a big deal and should be over and done with while spicy's "attacks" that the mod did not agree were attacks were unacceptable. You are still whining FOUR MONTHS later, complete with starting this thread with a very public attack on spicy. When spicy posted a response to your attack, you posted that she has no right to blast you. You won't let any of us forget something that you think was wrong, but you can't stand it that your moderated post keeps getting brought up.
I have had issues with Spicy1 in the past but in this case she is on the moral high ground. Sassymm has repeatedly acted like a loose cannon and deserves no support.
You have had no issues with me moose. Sassymmm deserves support. No need to throw more kindling, this fire is hot enough. I'll say what I say to the open handed people on the street corner. I work, get a job.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login