What Are The Known Reasons Clients End Mystery Shopping Programs?

Kimmie...yep, I'm on the way....it's like she'd be doing you a favor...time to move on...

Don't cry because it happened, smile because it's over....

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

Yup!

@Irene_L.A. wrote:

Kimmie...yep, I'm on the way....it's like she'd be doing you a favor...time to move on...

Kim
She should join John who worries about working for the CIA or the FDA on another thread.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
@walesmaven wrote:

She should join John who worries about working for the CIA or the FDA on another thread.
Haha...laugh for the day.

Don't cry because it happened, smile because it's over....
@shoptastic wrote:

People who don't fit that category have nothing to worry about and I think everyone would agree this is reasonable and probably would block others based on those criteria as well. (paraphrase)

Yup, I'm just standing my ground now. Not going to take any nonsense or rudeness from anyone and don't care if I block you and never talk to you again (*not you, specifically, just saying in general). People are GROWN adults here and know better.

shoptastic, nobody is "worried" about whether or not you block them. In fact, I'm sure many are like me, we wish you would block us, so that you never address us with the drama. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen. When you say you blocked someone, all it means is that you are angry and want to publicly insult them and you think saying you are blocking them is a great insult. It's not. There is no downside to being blocked. And, either you are not really blocking them OR you are going to continue to click on their posts and read and address them anyway. So .... if you are going to continue to read the posts and respond, why would you keep saying "I've blocked you.." Makes no sense. Just saying.
Is it time to start posting recipes? I'd rather talk politics than the emotional drama and a repeat of the last meltdown. I don't know as much about recipes. Irene, post more about that great cake you were telling us about?
I want @Irene_L.A. 's lentil and carrot soup recipe she mentioned recently.

Tonight I'm making stovetop brownies from scratch. Again. I have a problem.
Here's the short version...
if you want to make more double ingredients.I make less cause I'm alone.....so simple, so good.
1 cup bone broth, 1 cup beef broth, 1 cup water (adjust liquid as needed), 1/2 boullion cube, 1/4 cup lentils, 1/2 pkg. small carrots, 1/2 onion, 1 celery stalk, pepper, pinch of turminic, salt to taste,...boil till lentils soft (1 1/2 hour) blend 1 cup for thickness and add back, taste and adjust seasonings.
I want your stovetop brownies.....

Don't cry because it happened, smile because it's over....


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2019 08:53PM by Irene_L.A..
@Irene_L.A.

Oven to 350

Grease 8x8x2 pan

On low on stove, melt 1/2 cup butter, stir in 6 TB unsweetened cocoa powder

Stir in 2 eggs, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla til combined

Remove from heat, stir in 3/4 cup AP flour.

Pour in pan, top w/nuts if desired

Approx 30 minutes

Serve with a glass of iced milk
@roflwofl wrote:

When you say you blocked someone, all it means is that you are angry and want to publicly insult them and you think saying you are blocking them is a great insult.

This.

I totally don't get the "I'm blocking you" thing. If I wanna block someone I just block them and be done with it. If I don't want to interact with them then I don't care if they know I blocked them or not.

As for "people are grown adults here" I would say "I'm gonna block you!" is more 4th grade than adult. But I digress.

There are reasons that a body stays in motion
At the moment only demons come to mind
Lemme get this straight... someone wanted to know why clients end their mystery shopping programs. Pages later, alleged adults are insulting each other, making lentil soup, and otherwise demonstrating why clients might not want us to do any mystery shops for them. If you were a client, would you let us do mystery shops for you, based upon this thread which devolved as so many threads do? Just sayin'.

We may pass violets looking for roses. We may pass contentment looking for victory. - Bernard Williams
@roflwofl wrote:

@kimmiemae wrote:

That is correct. And I can't remember the exact wording but there is an option to click to see the post if you desire.

@nslinhar wrote:

@kimmiemae wrote:

Don't think he really cares. Please just block us all before you start your antics again.

@shoptastic wrote:

I think I'll be blocking you soon too, bgriffin. Just a heads-up.

I have a question about toggling, as I do not practice the act. If I toggle someone, their name still shows up but not their posted words, correct?

This answer is almost accurate but not quite. The person toggled's name does not show up. A small box appears each time that person posts that says MESSAGE HIDDEN - CLICK TO SHOW MESSAGE.

So if you have toggled multiple people, you will have no way of knowing which one posted, only that someone you toggled posted.

My question is: Why toggle other forum members if you are just going to click the message, read it, and respond anyway? What's the purpose in that? When people continue to respond to another poster, but say "I've toggled you," it makes me believe that either they have not really toggled the other poster or they are going to read that poster's posts anyway. By stating they have toggled someone and threatening to toggle someone else, they are clearly using the Toggle Option as an insult and as a threat. kimmiemae, kudos once again on your answer - I agree completely with " Please just block us all before you start your antics again."

To answer your question (I have toggled the OP a long time ago), it's to remind me that they have some sort of issue. It could be anger, craziness, stalking, just kooky, etc. That keeps me from wasting my time responding to them. So many posters here have similar names, that it helps me remember whose posts I will read and respond to and whose posts can be ignored. There are times that I might read a post, but it is pretty rare that I will directly respond to somebody that I have toggled.
@SoCalMama I see how that could be helpful. I was asking because it seemed @shoptastic couldn't control themselves with the misuse of the toggle feature: threaten, toggle, peek, respond.
Reported PlayBazaar. ALL of his posts are spam.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
@christinasegall wrote:

I am scheduler and we have Chili's shops

@ christinasegall, do you have any actually posted right now or do you have a time estimate when the shops will return? Chili's shops have been the subject of much discussion.here on the forum. I last saw them posted in October or November. Someone posted here that a scheduler told them Chili's was taking a break for the holidays and shops would be posted in January. I haven't seen any for January or February. Can you provide more information?
That's a good question - I would like to know too. I fell in love with the $5 margaritas that changed every month. I think my favorite was the cherry blossom.

Kim
I would like Chili's back too. I never got a chance to do one. They are not in my part of town but after reading the comments I might drive down to one.
As for the original question...a msc I worked for early in my career had a small chain of simply wonderful high end restaurants. Each one was different from the other. I did all of them. Then one day they disappeared. I asked the scheduler why and was told that on their dining room videos the manager saw a shopper who had brought children along. There was a rule against children for the shop. And the children were very unruly and left a mess of the table. So they fired the msc. I have not seen this chain at any of my other msc since and have not read about them on the boards.
And the company I worked at full time announced to the employees that the results of the mystery shop program were useless so they did not renew the contract. We only heard of the program after the fact as employees but I had seen the job offering and looked at the questionnaire. It did not seem well designed at all. I believe my company asked the msc to help design it for them as they had no experience with that. I volunteered to help them with their next try but they did not take me up on it and I have no idea if they ever tried again.
@Shop-et-al wrote:

Lemme get this straight... someone wanted to know why clients end their mystery shopping programs. Pages later, alleged adults are insulting each other, making lentil soup, and otherwise demonstrating why clients might not want us to do any mystery shops for them. If you were a client, would you let us do mystery shops for you, based upon this thread which devolved as so many threads do? Just sayin'.

I have lots of people blocked, so I can't even see the insults, thankfully.

It's not worth the mental stress. I encourage others to toggle/block others as well! There are more of us, who just want to be friendly and helpful with each other than there are those who go around being all domineering, arrogant, rude, abrasive, and the like. We should just enjoy nice chat with each other and ignore those with anti-social behavior.
@sandyf wrote:

And the company I worked at full time announced to the employees that the results of the mystery shop program were useless so they did not renew the contract. We only heard of the program after the fact as employees but I had seen the job offering and looked at the questionnaire. It did not seem well designed at all. I believe my company asked the msc to help design it for them as they had no experience with that. I volunteered to help them with their next try but they did not take me up on it and I have no idea if they ever tried again.

One thing I'd add to every dining shop is an "open comments" section that allowed the shopper to report on anything he or she felt valuable and that management might want to know (be it a suggestion, a compliment, or what have you) that the report didn't directly ask about.

It's hard to imagine a completely useless report, but I sometimes do feel like some questions are a bit frivolous, while excluding things that I'd want to know as a business owner.

Then, there are times when reports seem very well-structured and yet the staff always seem to mess up or miss things. I'm thinking of some fast food locations I've done. Maybe that's more an issue of management's training.
@shoptastic wrote:

@sandyf wrote:

And the company I worked at full time announced to the employees that the results of the mystery shop program were useless so they did not renew the contract. We only heard of the program after the fact as employees but I had seen the job offering and looked at the questionnaire. It did not seem well designed at all. I believe my company asked the msc to help design it for them as they had no experience with that. I volunteered to help them with their next try but they did not take me up on it and I have no idea if they ever tried again.

One thing I'd add to every dining shop is an "open comments" section that allowed the shopper to report on anything he or she felt valuable and that management might want to know (be it a suggestion, a compliment, or what have you) that the report didn't directly ask about.

It's hard to imagine a completely useless report, but I sometimes do feel like some questions are a bit frivolous, while excluding things that I'd want to know as a business owner.

Then, there are times when reports seem very well-structured and yet the staff always seem to mess up or miss things. I'm thinking of some fast food locations I've done. Maybe that's more an issue of management's training.

This was not for dining. It was a phone shop to determine how the clinics in my hospital did on answering phones. I worked there for 35 years and in different depts and the questions on the survey were really not at all relevant to anything that would bring improvements from my viewpoint as an employee who had actually called many times from home to speak to someone in whatever dept I was working in and ran into issues like no one even answering the phone! In a hospital! In patient care areas! It happens at most hospitals nowadays but to me that is relevant among other issues. I never actually did the shop myself as I was an employee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login