On some shops I'll have to bring the paperwork with me into the shop.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

@HonnyBrown wrote:

My solution to this is to copy the questions to Google Keep. When I need to ask questions during the shop, I refer to my notes.

Good idea. I'll have to try that.
Honestly I have a terrible memory so I havent taken on any extremely complicated shops..however the ones that have been a bit more in depth.

I write out the scenario..and the questions
I paraphrase them in my phone
I review them in my car -off site
Once the scenario is over..I go to the restroom as most of my shops require a restroom check

I fill out what I can in a text to myself.

If I feel a shop is too complicated..I cancel beforehand..but I use this as a last option but I explain Im newer in those case and most schedulers have understood

Shopping Idaho and Oregon/Idaho border region.
john, do a lot of your shops get rejected?

Personally, I follow the guidelines I'm given, regardless of whether what works best for me.

@johnb974 wrote:

People do shops their own way. Do what works best for you to get the job done.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
@HonnyBrown wrote:

john, do a lot of your shops get rejected?

Personally, I follow the guidelines I'm given, regardless of whether what works best for me.

@johnb974 wrote:

People do shops their own way. Do what works best for you to get the job done.

Very few get rejected. Most of them for filing the wrong picture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2019 12:20AM by johnb974.
LOL, just wondering what "(a) very few" is. I have done well over 2,000 shops, and have had 3 rejected by marketforce, one by Alta360. That's 4 in 10 years.

As far as I'm concerned, that's 4 too many, LOL.
From what I have read from John's previous posts, he got shops rejected and got deactivated a few times, and yeah, not his fault, it's the MSC. Hmm.

@HonnyBrown wrote:

john, do a lot of your shops get rejected?

Personally, I follow the guidelines I'm given, regardless of whether what works best for me.

@johnb974 wrote:

People do shops their own way. Do what works best for you to get the job done.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

From what I have read from John's previous posts, he got shops rejected and got deactivated a few times, and yeah, not his fault, it's the MSC. Hmm.

@HonnyBrown wrote:

john, do a lot of your shops get rejected?

Personally, I follow the guidelines I'm given, regardless of whether what works best for me.

@johnb974 wrote:

People do shops their own way. Do what works best for you to get the job done.

Where did you get the idea I've been deactivated a few times? It wasn't from me.
And people wonder why additional, onerous requirements keep being added! I guess it's like warning signs on products - someone did it which is why it needs to be listed. Personally, I am contracted to do a job as requested by the MSC, in the way that it is requested, not the way that I think it should be requested. Have I made mistakes - certainly. However, I have been lucky in that I, almost always, have been allowed to remedy my mistakes, including submitting the results for East on West's assignment and vice versa. Likely because I don't make up my own rules as I see fit. Frankly, not only is that waaaay above my pay grade but it's pretty arrogant as well.
Guys he is just trolling us.

I enjoy awkward questions and uncomfortable silences. This gas station pavement is $%^@*#& hot.
[www.mysteryshopforum.com]

I knew I remembered reading this, so there's one. I am too tired right now to go dig more but I'm sure I rememver another...or a few more. Damn, just quit lying.
Wow. Just WOW. That thread is from 2015 -- I actually can't believe he's survived this long as a shopper!

Color me gobsmacked.

(edited to add: I just went to Service Check's website. Sorry. I don't sign up with companies who spell "independent contractors" wrong. Ick.)

@JASFLALMT wrote:

[www.mysteryshopforum.com]

I knew I remembered reading this, so there's one. I am too tired right now to go dig more but I'm sure I rememver another...or a few more. Damn, just quit lying.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2019 05:09AM by ceasesmith.
ROFLAO, you went looking through threads back to 2015, to find ONE shop I was deactivated from?? You have way too much time on your hands. LOL Beginning to sound more like stalking.
John, do you even know how to use the search function? It took me 30 seconds to find that post. In the post, you stated you were deactivated from a MSC, not a shop. There are a bunch I remember reading about your shop rejections, too.

You always post about lack of integrity of MSCs and then post things that simply are untrue. What do you think integrity is?

And then you post in this thread that you didn't say you were deactivated, and again, it's not true.

You have the nerve to accuse people of lying about how much they make on shops because they have no proof...seeing as how you want people to provide proof of what they post...well I did just that.
You need a lesson on reading comprehension. I said "Where did you get the idea I've been deactivated a few times? It wasn't from me."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2019 10:24AM by johnb974.
Well I'm done following this thread. You really need to get a life and stop searching threads that are 4 years old. It gets a little creepy.
And you had this brilliant idea back then, so nothings changed.

Quoting 2015 John:

“Next time I do a shop like this, I'm going to write down every question they want answered and bring it in with me. I'll just tell the sales person, these are my notes.”

You seem to come up with absurd ideas just to get folks on here all riled up. We know you.
@johnb974 wrote:

Well I'm done following this thread. You really need to get a life and stop searching threads that are 4 years old. It gets a little creepy.

Two years ago
[www.mysteryshopforum.com]

Refused to believe that ACL has a tier system that lets some shoppers see shops that others can't.

Self-deactivated from them and one other mysterious company.
Awe, c'mon guys. Doesn't he at least get points for entertainment value? Points to you, Johnb! You keep it interesting. Maybe misguided, but interesting (in a comical way) nonetheless. IMO.

sestrahelena
@ceasesmith wrote:

Quite right. I've been very mean lately.

And I used to be such a nice person!

smiling smiley

Cease, don't try to be too nice. I don't know where it came from originally, but lots of famous people (Marilyn Monroe, Eleanor Roosevelt) have repeated it, "Well-behaved women rarely make history."

I just thought I'd add some randomness to the thread. NOTE TO ANY MYSTERY SHOPPING NEWBIES: don't take everything you read on the forum to heart. There are some outstanding mystery shoppers here providing a lot of good information. There are some marginal shoppers who provide misinformation and seem very proud of deliberately trying to get around the guidelines.
@sestrahelena wrote:

Awe, c'mon guys. Doesn't he at least get points for entertainment value? Points to you, Johnb! You keep it interesting. Maybe misguided, but interesting (in a comical way) nonetheless. IMO.
It’s not really funny when a company loses a contract because of a shopper like this.
I look at the actual report and do my shop from that. Too many times I've seen guidelines that ask you to do things that are not in the report. Such as, inspect the restroom, but do not ask an employee where the restroom is. If there's no question on the report about how you found the restroom, I will not waste my time looking around. I will ask someone where it is. I've seen guidelines that ask you to take a certain picture, but report does not ask you about the picture and there's no mention of uploading it. So why take a picture that's not required for the report? I go by what's required in the report. You're paid by what's in the report.
In 13 years I have never had to bring a report form into a shop. All I have to do is read the Guidelines and the report form, most of the questions are the same. I make notes in my car of quotes only and fill out the form if I'm not familiar with it. I do have a good memory, I am visual and can recall the shop with a few notes.
I always go by what is required in the report, not the guidelines. Many times the guidelines tell you to do something that isn't required for the report. The company only cares about what's in the report, that is what they look at.
I've not seen that guideline for any shops. But, the fact that you are told not to ask means DO NOT ASK. It doesn't matter if there is a question about how you found it or not (of course most people have no problem finding a restroom when they need one if the store has one).

@johnb974 wrote:

Too many times I've seen guidelines that ask you to do things that are not in the report. Such as, inspect the restroom, but do not ask an employee where the restroom is. If there's no question on the report about how you found the restroom, I will not waste my time looking around. I will ask someone where it is.
Yes. He quite possibly is serious. Which is seriously bad for our profession and for the MSCs.

@sestrahelena wrote:

True but he can't possibly be serious, right???
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login