New program "Take your picture every day and send in"

Anyone else received an email about this shop?
"The app will capture your face each time you login to your phone. (You can even login extra times so that you have photos that you want to choose from available). At the end of the day, you login and choose 10 photos that you want the client to have and send them to the client through the app.
**No photos are available or sent to the client except for the ones you choose to send!**
* You will do this for 30 days (should take about 5 minutes each day)!
* You will make $200!"

Sounded a little creepy.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

I strongly suspect that the pictures are to be uded to refine digital face recognition applications. No thank you.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
Whatever it's for, I don't want about 300 images of myself anywhere. Heck, I assiduously avoid mirrors! It's not that I mind the wrinkles -- I earned every one of them -- but they are what they are!

smiling smiley
Yeah, I got that one too, and deleted it. Creepy sounding. I also think it probably has something to do with facial recognition software, and we would be used as "test" guinea pigs....not for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2021 11:22PM by guysmom.
I passed on it too. The info was tooo vague for me to go for it.

Edited because when I looked again the t in too was not there. It had been there before. Now I have 3 o's in case one of those disappear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2021 11:22PM by sandyf.
I thought it very strange, too. It seems odd that someone would be paying that much just for pictures of me. And I certainly don't want to send them pictures if they are not saying what they will use them for. I wonder who the client is.

"Evolve thyself and lose all hate...." Orphaned Land
Has anyone asked MSC the purpose of this assignment?

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
At first I thought it was creepy, and then I realized that we are equally creepy when we go around photographing things. Hmm. I set aside this obvious hypocrisy and found my one little reason for not doing this project. It does not pay enough per image and, depending upon how many times each image would be used/altered/viewed, there is no royalty for the use of my images. In future, should we receive royalties for the images we take and submit as mystery shoppers, auditors, and inspectors? Hmm.

It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside. - Maud Hart Lovelace, Betsy-Tacy and Tib
_____
I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born. - Ronald Reagan
_____
It's probably to try to test the facial recognition software. Having the same person's face several times per day over time will help their AI analyze data. I have come across gigs where people interact with AI and this seems familiar. Anyone use facebook? Your image is already out there on the webs.
Yeah, but the photo on my facebook page is posed, dressed, hair done, etc. Where I look like a normal mature adult.

Not the hag that greets me every time I turn on my phone!

smiling smiley
They also want pictures of kids doing various activities.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
@Shop-et-al wrote:

At first I thought it was creepy, and then I realized that we are equally creepy when we go around photographing things. Hmm. I set aside this obvious hypocrisy and found my one little reason for not doing this project. It does not pay enough per image and, depending upon how many times each image would be used/altered/viewed, there is no royalty for the use of my images. In future, should we receive royalties for the images we take and submit as mystery shoppers, auditors, and inspectors? Hmm.
No, it's not equally creepy. We photograph storefronts and violations inside stores and receipts and such, not faces.

(Yes, I realize there are shops where they actually expect you to photograph an employee who's not in compliance with standards. Yeah, THAT is equally creepy, I won't do those.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2021 05:05AM by KokoBWare.
Are we talking the same project? The one I got an email for just wanted to screen grab the login when you use facial recognition to log in to your phone. It said nothing about taking pictures of anyone else.


@HonnyBrown wrote:

They also want pictures of kids doing various activities.
It's on their app.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
I believe it's a facial recognition software but, before agreeing to anything, they will be sending a contract / agreement from the software company. Once I can actually read the wording in that contract, will determine my willingness to move forward with it or to request higher compensation.
Am I a bad person? My first inclination was to submit d•ck pics and see how long it took them to notice.
LOVE it!

@CoolMusic wrote:

Am I a bad person? My first inclination was to submit d•ck pics and see how long it took them to notice.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
@heartlandcanuck wrote:

Are we talking the same project? The one I got an email for just wanted to screen grab the login when you use facial recognition to log in to your phone. It said nothing about taking pictures of anyone else.


@HonnyBrown wrote:

They also want pictures of kids doing various activities.

There may be more than one project. The email I got wanted me to take a photo of my face every day for 30 days.
Yes, also received it. Not enough info for me to be satisfied this is truly worth it Passing on it until more info from us shoppers.
I sent an email to the MSC asking for more details including who the client is, what the pictures will be used for, and for how long. I never did receive a reply, but they continue sending me the email notifications. Currently, my Samsung A10 is not on their list of need phones.
@russell.in.canada wrote:

I sent an email to the MSC asking for more details including who the client is, what the pictures will be used for, and for how long. I never did receive a reply, but they continue sending me the email notifications. Currently, my Samsung A10 is not on their list of need phones.

The client is one of the MAJOR big tech companies that based on your phone you use their products daily. As someone said earlier, they are just training their facial recognition AI. You just install one of their beta programs on your cell phone and every time you open it it takes a very short sec video. At the end of the day you look at the videos and send anyones you like. 30 days, $200. The same tech company has done many projects with shoppers when they try new software, ie, food payment, food delivery, pay in app, pay in store.
I'm doing it. I don't really care if Big Tech has my picture from this project. The whole of the internet can find it on my Facebook, newspaper articles with my name and pic, and my 9-5 employer's website. It takes 5 minutes a day to complete it and I delete any pics that highlight my double chin.

Edited to add, there is nothing about kids in the project I am doing. I am certain I had to confirm I was over 18.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2021 01:40PM by callinectes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login