Fun Food Shops?

Hi, I have been doing mystery shopping for last 3 years. I have signed on to multiple companies, some with okay success and others not so much. I am looking for some advice on where to sign up if I am primarily interested in doing some fun restaurant shops (like chipotle, mod pizza, etc). So far all I have encountered are 5 guys and there is only so much burgers one can eat! And yes I have done a few higher end ones too though most of them seem to be on hold due to covid. I understand people are reluctant to share any specifics but hoping anyone might at least point me in a direction as I feel like I am just signing up for random companies and handing out my SSN only to find out all their shops are things like wells fargo complaint shops! Thanks for considering.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

What do you consider fun? Also, have you tried the other entree options at 5Guys?

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
There are a boatload of companies with fast-casual and mid-range restaurant shops, but the ones I shop for aren't the "biggie" names of the industry, at least not in my area.

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
SD,

The MSC for whom I have completed, by far, the greatest number of shops is Strategic Reflections. My current tally is almost 600, with 500+ being five different eateries. A huge plus is their toll free number; SR is the absolute epitome of being communicative. In addition, over our 13 years relationship, I have never been aggravated. Finally, they do not require one to pick a specific date for completion and I have never had to chase my money.
If you sign up with the top ("most discussed" ) 15 or so companies on the list below of mystery shopping companies, you'll run into more fast food/casual eateries than one shopper could possibly handle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2021 03:55PM by ceasesmith.
@silentdetective wrote:

Hi, I have been doing mystery shopping for last 3 years. I have signed on to multiple companies, some with okay success and others not so much. I am looking for some advice on where to sign up if I am primarily interested in doing some fun restaurant shops (like chipotle, mod pizza, etc). So far all I have encountered are 5 guys and there is only so much burgers one can eat! And yes I have done a few higher end ones too though most of them seem to be on hold due to covid. I understand people are reluctant to share any specifics but hoping anyone might at least point me in a direction as I feel like I am just signing up for random companies and handing out my SSN only to find out all their shops are things like wells fargo complaint shops! Thanks for considering.

5 Guys hot dogs are delicious.
So are their veggie sandwiches!

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Yes, but no sauerkraut for the hot dogs!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2021 05:13PM by kenasch.
Secret Shopper has one I'm dying to try! I was scheduled for one, but we had a storm and I couldn't get there. ISS had some, too.

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I will look into a few more of these shops..I guess I love free good food and don't mind writing reports for that but was hoping to branch away from just greasy burgers..and yes I have tried the 5 guys hot dogs too smiling smiley
Brandt Group has some restaurant shops. Their shops are not in all places. It is wonderful to work with Brandt, but they have few shops near me. I wish there were more opportunities.

Things are not to be judged good or bad merely because the public think so. - Tacitus
_____
I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born. - Ronald Reagan
_____
@HonnyBrown wrote:

So are their veggie sandwiches!
The one I had tasted like cold slime, but it was an airport location so maybe that factored in?
I think silentdetective is a cool name!! Anyways, back to topic. I love 5 Guys shops, Arby's and Texas Roadhouse.
I would suggest signing up for Intellishop and Marketforce. They have several relatively easy QSR clients. They generally don't pay a whole lot, but they are relatively easy, and it's a good way to build experience and relationships with schedulers. That way, you will be in a position to profit in the cases where bonuses might be in order.
Where you live makes a big difference as to what you see. So many of the food shops I read about in this forum are for restaurants I have never heard of in the west coast city where I live,. In addition here most of the food shops have not yet returned although with things loosening up I think they might soon perhaps once we can again dine indoors. Other large chain food stores are franchises and may use different msc's in different parts of the country.
@KokoBWare wrote:

@HonnyBrown wrote:

So are their veggie sandwiches!
The one I had tasted like cold slime, but it was an airport location so maybe that factored in?
That's odd. not sure how hot veggies can be like cold slime. I love the veggie sandwich. I get it with jalapeños, hot sauce and pickles on the side.
@Shop-et-al wrote:

Brandt Group has some restaurant shops. Their shops are not in all places. It is wonderful to work with Brandt, but they have few shops near me. I wish there were more opportunities.

I did a restaurant shop for Brandt a few months ago that I really liked. It popped up again, so I applied for it. My application sat there for 3 weeks until the deadline passed and as far as I know it was never assigned. I was disappointed, but decided not to reach out to the scheduler since it was a midweek shop and I would have had to drive 50 minutes anyways. Plus, we can only dine outside right now and even though CA is warm, it still gets cold when the sun goes down.

Unfortunately, I am learning that I can't be picky. About 90% of the restaurant/food shops that I used to do have disappeared since Covid.
It was probably the mushrooms. Canned mushrooms are hit or miss.

@KokoBWare wrote:

@HonnyBrown wrote:

So are their veggie sandwiches!
The one I had tasted like cold slime, but it was an airport location so maybe that factored in?

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login