Papa John’s Awareness When Doing Delivery Shops

Just a heads up, apparently, even when calling specific locations, sometimes they WILL automatically reroute you to another nearby location for whatever reason without telling you. As a result, I absolutely had NO idea that a different location was delivering my pizza, and according to the editor, “Sorry, rejected because there’s no way to prove this. Have a good day smiling smiley” Trying to address it right now for reconsideration due to the circumstances with the MSC themselves, but I’ll see. Typing this out of frustration at the moment.

Also another heads up, when placing a delivery on the app, you have no control on picking the location delivering to you either, hence I went to calling route, as I thought this would avoid a situation like this.... Apparently not.

UPDATE: The rejection was overturned. But yeah, learning lesson on my end. I guess a fair way to double check without looking suspicious would be to ask for the address for a carry out, then change your mind to delivery afterwards.

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 31 year old male and willing to travel!


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2021 04:34AM by Tarantado.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

@BusyBeeBuzzBuzzBuzz wrote:

Can't you prove you called the correct location by providing your phone records?

I could, but that just shows call duration and I called them. If I knew this was going to potentially happen, I for sure would’ve recorded the call.... But yeah, I’ll see what the MSC contact says...

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 31 year old male and willing to travel!
I did an online order. You see the location before finalizing the order. Shop was approved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2021 08:17PM by boridi.
Wouldn't your phone records show which location/number you called?

@Tarantado wrote:

@BusyBeeBuzzBuzzBuzz wrote:

Can't you prove you called the correct location by providing your phone records?

I could, but that just shows call duration and I called them. If I knew this was going to potentially happen, I for sure would’ve recorded the call.... But yeah, I’ll see what the MSC contact says...
@boridi wrote:

I did an online order. You see the location before finalizing the order. Shop was approved.

Correct, online on the website shows location, but not the app.

Like I said though and a warning, calling the correct location’s phone number doesn’t guarantee the person answering is the same location you’re calling.

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 31 year old male and willing to travel!
@BusyBeeBuzzBuzzBuzz wrote:

Wouldn't your phone records show which location/number you called?

@Tarantado wrote:

@BusyBeeBuzzBuzzBuzz wrote:

Can't you prove you called the correct location by providing your phone records?

I could, but that just shows call duration and I called them. If I knew this was going to potentially happen, I for sure would’ve recorded the call.... But yeah, I’ll see what the MSC contact says...

I agree. Is that enough proof for them? Who knows. Waiting for the response from them.

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 31 year old male and willing to travel!
Are they through the same MSC who used to have them as a client? All of the Papa John's locations closed in my area, but I liked doing their shops so wouldn't mind picking one up if I was in a different city.
No. The editor's point was there was no way to prove what? I took it as there was no way you could prove you called the right location, right? If you called the right location and you can prove it, you should get paid.
@BusyBeeBuzzBuzzBuzz wrote:

No. The editor's point was there was no way to prove what? I took it as there was no way you could prove you called the right location, right? If you called the right location and you can prove it, you should get paid.

Yes, I agree I have enough proof and did my due diligence per shop guidelines. If I knew ahead of time that this could happen, I would’ve literally asked the order taker what the address was to the location I called.

@dafizisblue wrote:

Are they through the same MSC who used to have them as a client? All of the Papa John's locations closed in my area, but I liked doing their shops so wouldn't mind picking one up if I was in a different city.

Yes.

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 31 year old male and willing to travel!
I had that happen when I was working with an MSC that exclusively did phone mystery shopping only. They had a client where you had to call, pretend to be a regular customer, blah blah blah. I called my assigned one, and my shop was rejected because they said I called the wrong location. I told them I didn't. They looked up the call - you had to call some 3rd party phone system first or something - long story short, the store had re-routed their calls to this other location so that it appeared that I did call the wrong location.

Kim
I've worked at more than one pizza place.

Calls are routinely routed to whichever store is closest to the delivery address. If you've ever called in an order before, it'll be rerouted to the nearest store to the number or address you entered before. It's automatic, in the phone system, and the store itself has nothing to do with it. For example, if you're calling from your friend's house, it'll refer to that phone/address in future.

Yes, ask what their address is. Definitely!
@ceasesmith wrote:

I've worked at more than one pizza place.

Calls are routinely routed to whichever store is closest to the delivery address. If you've ever called in an order before, it'll be rerouted to the nearest store to the number or address you entered before. It's automatic, in the phone system, and the store itself has nothing to do with it. For example, if you're calling from your friend's house, it'll refer to that phone/address in future.

Yes, ask what their address is. Definitely!

Landline, sure. Cell phone? I don’t understand how the phone system will auto locate your location under it detect the nearest tower you’re calling from?

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 31 year old male and willing to travel!
I never asked. All I know was the number of times I went to incorrect addresses because of the automated phone systems.

The system automatically puts in the address you last ordered from, autofill from entering your name. We were supposed to verify you were at that same address, but we also had like 37 seconds to enter the order (yes, timed to the second, and dinged if we stayed on the line longer), so often did not verify the address as the same one that popped up on the screen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2021 05:31PM by ceasesmith.
so... umm... are these shops designed to troubleshoot the automated phone systems?

Things are not to be judged good or bad merely because the public think so. - Tacitus
_____
I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born. - Ronald Reagan
_____
Which MSC's are doing pizza shops these days, other than Sentry? I just love pizza. I used to do shops here and there for a MSC, but that company has zero pizza shops on their board. So I figure the work has gone elsewhere..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2021 12:46AM by jdyeah.
@jdyeah wrote:

Which MSC's are doing pizza shops these days, other than Sentry? I just love pizza. I used to do shops here and there for a MSC, but that company has zero pizza shops on their board. So I figure the work has gone elsewhere..
Since a pizza Client has already been named numerous times in this thread, no one will name any MSC that shops pizzas. It would violate the Forum rules, I believe. Your best bet would be to start a thread in the Mystery Shopping Company Discussion section asking which MSCs shop pizzas. You "might" get some responses there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login