Any Lookers Here?

Has anyone done the car transport? There is one near me. It looks pretty involved.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

I'm a looker, but ithe worse thing I have done is damaged trailer and cargo. I haven't seen a car transport one offered here.
You pick up a car from the seller and drive it to the buyer. The paperwork looks daunting.

@Tvolgirl wrote:

I'm a looker, but ithe worse thing I have done is damaged trailer and cargo. I haven't seen a car transport one offered here.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
If the price was right, I probably would consider it, but I have so many questions... First and most importantly, how would you get back home. ????


@HonnyBrown wrote:

You pick up a car from the seller and drive it to the buyer. The paperwork looks daunting.
I had a chance to apply as a looker but I thought it was something else and they said that they had enough in my area. No thanks, I am not interested in being a drug mule.
There's no application to become a Looker, nor are you carrying drugs. Where are you getting this incorrect information?

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
You drive your car to the dealership and take a prepaid Uber to the seller's house.

@Tvolgirl wrote:

If the price was right, I probably would consider it, but I have so many questions... First and most importantly, how would you get back home. ????


@HonnyBrown wrote:

You pick up a car from the seller and drive it to the buyer. The paperwork looks daunting.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
???

@2stepps wrote:

No thanks, I am not interested in being a drug mule.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
I signed up for one! I'll post back how things go.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
thunderdeacon, thank you so much for sharing your gramma's words!

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
I signed up for a Car Transport for 1pm today. I received the confirmation as soon as I accepted it. I was supposed to receive something via email and fill it out. I didn't, so I didn't. This morning, the Look is gone. Gee, thanks.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
LOL, LOL~~!!!!!!!

@HonnyBrown wrote:

thunderdeacon, thank you so much for sharing your gramma's words!
Dang, I was looking forward to some details. Sorry they pulled it on you, maybe they decided it was sketchy too. smiling smiley
I didn't think it was sketchy. It seems to be another way to get a vehicle to the dealership without tying up resources.

The Looker has to fill out paperwork. I didn't fill it out in a timely manner. That's why the Look got unassigned.

The Looker goes to the dealership and takes a prepaid Uber to the contact's car/address, takes pictures and drives the car to the dealership. The Looker also picks up paperwork from the seller and drops it off at FedEx.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Thanks for letting me know, but I will probably never see one like that, I live so far out in the sticks that there are probably no Ubers within 80 miles.
I haven't seen any Car Transport shops recently. Maybe the client decided to go another route.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
This is the first I’ve heard of a looker. Interesting. However, my husband is in law enforcement and he would be like ???? ???? ???? lol. Also, one of the pros of shopping for me is being able to take my partner in crime with me, aka- my 2.5 year old ????
Never heard the term 'looker' but did many, many trips for Auto Driveaway over the years - either people who couldn't afford to ship their cars getting them to another destination or a dealer delivering a car. You didn't get paid but you got a free rental car and the first tank of gas free and if the individual wasn't in a rush to get the car, they would often say it was fine to make side trips. We planned a nice ms route on the way and called it vacation. smiling smiley

Shopping domestic and international locations since 2003.
There were about 14 in my general area, with prices rising daily. They all disappeared over the weekend (I can't imagine anyone taking them all) Today one popped up again with a lower fee.
I'm seeing two Look numbers for the same vehicle. This started earlier this month.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
@roxetteherrera wrote:

This is the first I’ve heard of a looker. Interesting. However, my husband is in law enforcement and he would be like ???? ???? ???? lol. Also, one of the pros of shopping for me is being able to take my partner in crime with me, aka- my 2.5 year old ????

My wife is also in law enforcement and would probably not want me doing these( I'm female too). I hate driving anyway.
@originalinvisiblejenni wrote:

What’s a Looker?

An IC for WeGoLook. They do app-based car and property inspections, and car transports, apparently. Pay ranges from fair to lucrative. Bonuses get applied daily until a Look is taken. The company will call direct to try to book jobs, so you have to get used to ignoring their phone number.
Yes! To the point of being a nuisance. They usually call daily, including CHRISTMAS DAY and New Year's Day this year. Even if I make my status "vacation mode- do not solicit me for Looks," they still call. I should just deactivate myself, but there is occasionally a job I want to do, for the right price.


@CoolMusic wrote:

@originalinvisiblejenni wrote:

What’s a Looker?
The company will call direct to try to book jobs, so you have to get used to ignoring their phone number.
The calls are how I get my bonuses. I got $40 for a $17 Look walking distance from my house.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login