McDonald's Mystery Shop - Anyone try this today

This McDonald's shop seemed way more involved than I originally thought. They want a lot of questions answered for the small fee. I am already sick of the food and only went twice.

Perhaps the only benefit is if you have to revisit for a different meal time, you will know the answer to some of the questions.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

I did two of these today. It's really not bad at all. The questions are mostly based on the pictures, so as long as you get those then you are golden. My only issue is that it is difficult to toggle between the app and the pictures to count the beverages or get prices, so I sent the pictures to my husband's phone so I could view simultaneously. You can view your uploaded pictures on the app but it looks grainy to me.
I saw these shops today, but they're for locations in the downtown of a major city, meaning they have no drive-thru. I'm always so peeved at situations like that. I mean, can't they research first to make sure the location has a drive-thru before assigning shops there?
@dafizisblue wrote:

I did two of these today. It's really not bad at all. The questions are mostly based on the pictures, so as long as you get those then you are golden. My only issue is that it is difficult to toggle between the app and the pictures to count the beverages or get prices, so I sent the pictures to my husband's phone so I could view simultaneously. You can view your uploaded pictures on the app but it looks grainy to me.
I always used 2 phones when I did the JIB drive-thru shops; one for the timing and one for the photos.
I noticed the menu board image looking pixelated as well when I uploaded it.

Why do they need two pictures of the menu board? I didn't see extra items appear on the board. One image I took showed the previous car's order and the other showed the entire menu board. I drove slowly hoping to catch my order pop up, but it didn't happen.
What prices do they want, how extensive is the data entry? I was turned off when the instructions said get prices from your photos.
Swilli,

Looks like they just want drink prices. Might be a little repetitive if the just want the prices of the fountain drinks ..
They want beverage prices from the menu board. There weren't many in my experience -- only the value drink (any small) $1, tea, a few mccafe items, and some in the shake section had prices. There was a bunch of back and forth with photos.

I thought McDonald's was still running their any size soda for a $1. I guess not according to my receipt.

I wonder what the significance is of using the inside lane and why you can't use the outside lane?

Too bad the recent Visa debit job didn't provide for an auto $10 reimbursement to visit the location and you still ask their questions and you get a shop fee. There were a ton of Visa shops available before they pulled them. Was it a quota thing or did they hit a deadline?
UGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 48 minutes (busy drive thru and tedious price questions !!)
NEVER AGAIN !!! My time is worth so much more than $9.41 !!! The meal
was $7.59 (because of having to order a large !!) Maybe at $30, maybe...
Drive thrus at McD and BK have been painfully slow for at least 7 years. I learned early on and just don't try, even for a road snack. "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

sestrahelena
I guess I have been lucky to NOT see these posted or maybe I'm not signed up with this company. Doesn't sound like I would want to do it based on the comments I am seeing.
@hbbigdaddy wrote:

I guess I have been lucky to NOT see these posted or maybe I'm not signed up with this company. Doesn't sound like I would want to do it based on the comments I am seeing.

It's done on one of the Apps.
Agree: to many pictures for the fee they offer. I am also not a fan of such place. I will wait until some better places show up.

Shopping Eastern Pennsylvania since 2009
I don't think they are that bad. But I'm running into the issue that the menu only shows the price for one size of a drink... or it says 'soft drink' but doesn't list the flavors offered.
@luckygirl0100 I have the same thing going on with 1.00 beverages only. When I am in the survey it gives me the option to enter the price for small, medium, and large. It gives me an error when I enter 1.00 for small and then click I am done but I don't enter the pricing for medium and large. Still not sure how I am supposed to answer these two questions. It is asking for the price listed on the menu board. I could enter the pricing from the receipt for the large, but it is asking for the pricing from the menu board.
My menu said soft drinks and had all three sizes, so when it asked for price for Coke on the survey I filled in all three. It also had all three prices for iced coffee so I included those. All of the other drinks only had medium size listed so I skipped the small and large questions for those and had no issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2022 02:05AM by dafizisblue.
@hbbigdaddy wrote:

I guess I have been lucky to NOT see these posted or maybe I'm not signed up with this company. Doesn't sound like I would want to do it based on the comments I am seeing.
Ditto!
I ended up putting o.oo and fully expect to have an email from the editor... there is no open text box to explain anything. The shop isn't hard, the survey form just doesn't fit it well.


@heywave wrote:

@luckygirl0100 I have the same thing going on with 1.00 beverages only. When I am in the survey it gives me the option to enter the price for small, medium, and large. It gives me an error when I enter 1.00 for small and then click I am done but I don't enter the pricing for medium and large. Still not sure how I am supposed to answer these two questions. It is asking for the price listed on the menu board. I could enter the pricing from the receipt for the large, but it is asking for the pricing from the menu board.
@luckygirl0100 I did the same thing for the pricing. It is a glitch that it won't proceed to completion unless you enter something for the other sizes. I went to different locations and neither one had pricing other than small for carb beverages.
@wrosie The survey says list the prices stated on the menu board. I was going to put the price listed on my receipt for the large coke, but figured that is wrong since it wasn't on the board. Unlike another poster to this thread who had all soda sizes and prices listed on the board, I only see small sodas listed for a buck on my menu board.

They must've ditched the all size drinks are 99¢ program.
@heywave wrote:

@wrosie The survey says list the prices stated on the menu board. I was going to put the price listed on my receipt for the large coke, but figured that is wrong since it wasn't on the board. Unlike another poster to this thread who had all soda sizes and prices listed on the board, I only see small sodas listed for a buck on my menu board.

They must've ditched the all size drinks are 99¢ program.

Actually I was surprised because all the sodas were still the same price, but $1.39 in my area. I was surprised to see the price increase.
My son did one dinner shop. Now the lunch and breakfast shops aren't showing on the board at that location. Why did they split them out to 3 different times if all of the time slots go away when one of them is done?
@Morledzep wrote:

My son did one dinner shop. Now the lunch and breakfast shops aren't showing on the board at that location. Why did they split them out to 3 different times if all of the time slots go away when one of them is done?

If you give it a side eye they'll all disappear. That site seems all kinds of sensitive.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login