What are you doing today? (besides shopping)

@HonnyBrown wrote:

Work and laundry today. Yesterday, I got my eyebrows threaded. She did a horrible job! She pulled the skin, and my brows are uneven!
sad smiley

Live consciously....

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

I am moving furniture, potting plants, and working out with my new equipment. Then, I will have porch time. It will be a good day.

"Halloween was confusing. All my life my parents said, 'Never take candy from strangers.' And then they dressed me up and said, 'Go beg for it.' I didn’t know what to do! I’d knock on people’s doors and go, 'Trick or treat...No, thank you.'"
—Rita Rudner
I need to box up all the crap in my kitchen cabinets in preparation for demolition. I'm getting a new kitchen. Yay! It's going to be a construction nightmare! Not yay! It's also 90 degrees here with high humidity. The weather breaks over the weekend but I will be finishing up my routes. Can't be in two places at once. Editing to say I plan to purge and give everything away except things I actually use.

I enjoy awkward questions and uncomfortable silences. This gas station pavement is $%^@*#& hot.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2017 03:31PM by CoffeeQueen.
CQ,
Where are you located that you are so lucky that it is only 90F ?

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
Grocery and wine shop run (not MS); Freecycling (listing items to give away on local site), packing for hotel overnight, prepping a bundle of items to donate to local women's shelter.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
Editing the ~500 photos from London

There are reasons that a body stays in motion
At the moment only demons come to mind
Buying a tri-tip, slow cooking for weekend...trip to Goodwill, pool, hanging out, lots of computer time..no work till Tuesday.

Live consciously....
I live in central Kentucky. If it is even hotter in DC I would blame the politicians.

@walesmaven wrote:

CQ,
Where are you located that you are so lucky that it is only 90F ?

I enjoy awkward questions and uncomfortable silences. This gas station pavement is $%^@*#& hot.
@Irene_L.A. wrote:

@HonnyBrown wrote:

Work and laundry today. Yesterday, I got my eyebrows threaded. She did a horrible job! She pulled the skin, and my brows are uneven!
sad smiley

My sympathy. I don't even want to know what eyebrow threading is. I will not even think about something like that.

90% humidity here and supposed to get up to 104. I'm hitting the pool after work. Stay cool, everybody.
Yes, I am right outside of DC. There is less pollution in the air when Congress is in recess! 99-102 F today with very high humidity. Poor air quality.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
Going up to 105 Saturday, 90% and humid (usually dry heat) 9:00 AM...did I mention i hate the heat,and humidity even more. L.A. near ocean is so much cooler, if only I could fly!!!!

Live consciously....
Today I have to grocery shop and try to finish cleaning out the kitchen cabinets in preparation for demolition. I already have the dining room table covered in things that will be donated or given to friends. I had too much stuff! And some of it is pretty nice. I'm being ruthless though, if I haven't used it in the past year it's out the door.

I enjoy awkward questions and uncomfortable silences. This gas station pavement is $%^@*#& hot.
Having lunch with a long time shopper buddy over in VA. Dropping off my "new" Samsung tablet (with detachable keyboard) to have someone much more able than I am set it up to use as my travel device. Then, overnight hotel shop near where I will be doing a ton of parking shops tomorrow.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
Still rearranging furniture and wall art. Soon, I will pot the starter plants. Then, it is time to pack up for a little road trip which includes a little camping and a little work. This is a good thing. It will prevent my arranging and endlessly re-arranging the plants, as I did with the furniture... grinning smiley

"Halloween was confusing. All my life my parents said, 'Never take candy from strangers.' And then they dressed me up and said, 'Go beg for it.' I didn’t know what to do! I’d knock on people’s doors and go, 'Trick or treat...No, thank you.'"
—Rita Rudner
You are so lucky to have someone to do that for you. I have a tablet with a detachable keyboard. It's kind of unworkable, but it might just be me.

@walesmaven wrote:

Having lunch with a long time shopper buddy over in VA. Dropping off my "new" Samsung tablet (with detachable keyboard) to have someone much more able than I am set it up to use as my travel device. Then, overnight hotel shop near where I will be doing a ton of parking shops tomorrow.

I enjoy awkward questions and uncomfortable silences. This gas station pavement is $%^@*#& hot.
I do that with plants. Furniture not so much.

@Shop-et-al wrote:

Still rearranging furniture and wall art. Soon, I will pot the starter plants. Then, it is time to pack up for a little road trip which includes a little camping and a little work. This is a good thing. It will prevent my arranging and endlessly re-arranging the plants, as I did with the furniture... grinning smiley

I enjoy awkward questions and uncomfortable silences. This gas station pavement is $%^@*#& hot.
Crazy long week of work. Looking forward to doing nothing tomorrow morning. Just a few shops tomorrow afternoon and off all day Sunday, yay!
Yay Jas, enjoy the time off. I am working the next 3 days and after that all hell will break loose in my kitchen.

I enjoy awkward questions and uncomfortable silences. This gas station pavement is $%^@*#& hot.
Drying some herbs from the garden. They needed to be cut back and don't have a use for them right now. So they go in the dehydrator to be used later or given away.

There are reasons that a body stays in motion
At the moment only demons come to mind
I had a bit of pink put into my hair three weeks ago. It faded very quickly. My stylist is going to do it again for me at no cost, but she was on vacation and I was very busy so we could not schedule the appointment for any day before TODAY. I'm 50 and work for a company that until recently had a VERY Strict dress/appearance code. They've finally relaxed it.. so I get to do what I've always wanted to do with my hair (well, to a degree). Normal is boring! smiling smiley
Today, I'm not shopping, not getting dressed either.. lol. I had to cut some expenses, and I'm trying to figure out how to use my blue ray player to access the internet and watch tv with it.
My sister who is old enough to be retired, has pink hair and it looks amazing on her. You go girl.

@Joscelin wrote:

I had a bit of pink put into my hair three weeks ago. It faded very quickly. My stylist is going to do it again for me at no cost, but she was on vacation and I was very busy so we could not schedule the appointment for any day before TODAY. I'm 50 and work for a company that until recently had a VERY Strict dress/appearance code. They've finally relaxed it.. so I get to do what I've always wanted to do with my hair (well, to a degree). Normal is boring! smiling smiley

I enjoy awkward questions and uncomfortable silences. This gas station pavement is $%^@*#& hot.
I love pulling weeds. It's so satisfying.

@lucky7s wrote:

I worked in the garden pulling weeds, doing laundry and made my schedule for next week. Baked chicken thighs with squash casserole and made potato salad! smiling smiley

I enjoy awkward questions and uncomfortable silences. This gas station pavement is $%^@*#& hot.
I love pajama days!

@Morledzep wrote:

Today, I'm not shopping, not getting dressed either.. lol. I had to cut some expenses, and I'm trying to figure out how to use my blue ray player to access the internet and watch tv with it.

I enjoy awkward questions and uncomfortable silences. This gas station pavement is $%^@*#& hot.
My sister put lavender highlights in her hair and she is in her mid 60s and works for the State Department. They don't seem to be bothered by it, and It looks nice.
Enjoying the wonderful 75 degree weather and grilling a fresh salmon.....

Hard work builds character and homework is good for your soul.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login