What price did you pay at the pump today?

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

I’m saving a little I take premium so I paid $4.27 but I get $0.32 back on the gallon with my APP below

This free app gets you cash back on gas! Use promo code BVC8W to get an extra 15¢/gal bonus on your first purchase [upside.app.link]
I paid $4.24 on a shop that reimbursed $8. I also got $0.17 back with the GetUpside app. Use my Invite Code for a bonus to sign up and save!

My Invite Code is NYRVC.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2022 10:42AM by HonnyBrown.
I’ve noticed where I am that the Upside app is featuring expensive stations and there is cheaper gas without their savings. Am I doing it wrong?
$3.99 to $4.25. Indianapolis area.

Do not read so much, look about you and think of what you see there.
Richard Feynman-- letter to Ashok Arora, 4 January 1967, published in Perfectly Reasonable Deviations from the Beaten Track (2005) p. 230
You aren't doing it wrong. The key is knowing your prices. GetUpside will have better deals at some locations, a non-participating station or a club store will have a better deal. It's always good to price check, especially now.

@Tanischri87 wrote:

I’ve noticed where I am that the Upside app is featuring expensive stations and there is cheaper gas without their savings. Am I doing it wrong?

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Average here in the NW corner of SC is $3.99 for regular, although some of the Walmart gas stations are selling regular for $3.93, and a different independent station was selling it yesterday for $3.95.

So the station around here that participates in GetUpside was offering a 5 cent discount on the $3.99 price. But Walmart was selling it for 6 cents less than the 3.99 of the participating GetUpside station for 3.93. So I either use GetUpside and get a 5 cent/gallon payback later on, or use the Walmart gas and get my 6 cent/gallon discount vs the 3.99 station now. It's a no-brainer for me....so I use Walmart gas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2022 01:08AM by guysmom.
Apparently some local shoppers cancelled their Dash-In shops because I was just able to collect 3 in March and April quite near me and/or near other scheduled shops that have good fees. So, reimbursed both a very good lunch, $8 in gas and the price of 2 muffins ( to freeze for breakfasts) at each Dash-In shop and I will get a lot of fuel for half price or less. Oh, and at one of those I will use the 20 cents per gallon earned on my Giant foods rewards program, honored at all Shell stations (which include all local Dash-In locations).

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
@guysmom wrote:

Average here in the NW corner of SC is $3.99 for regular, although some of the Walmart gas stations are selling regular for $3.93, and a different independent station was selling it yesterday for $3.95.

So the station around here that participates in GetUpside was offering a 5 cent discount on the $3.99 price. But Walmart was selling it for 6 cents less that the 3.99 of the participating GetUpside station. So I either use GetUpside and get a 5 cent/gallon payback later on, or use the Walmart gas and get my 6 cent/gallon discount vs the 3.99 station now. It's a no-brainer for me....so I use Walmart gas.

If its a Murphy Oil attached to a Walmart get the app. Earn points with every purchase and get 10 cents a gallon off when you get to 100 points.
$0.00, after reimbursement. My tank is full, same for my husband’s, the lawnmower is full, and I have four five-gallon gas cans topped up in the shed. All courtesy of IPSOS last week.
Prices here are in the high threes to fours and are usually two-thirds to half of California gas prices at any given time.

If you don't mind clicking a link and landing at Forbes, you can click below and find a few more tips for how to save gas. In addition to using apps, loyalty, and mystery shop programs, there are a few more ways that frugal folks might save on the price of fuel. Personally, I think Forbes should edit their article and include some of your tips in the revised version. smiling smiley

[www.forbes.com]

... Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. Psalm 139:16 (KJV)

____
I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born. - Ronald Reagan
_____
@tstewart3 wrote:


If its a Murphy Oil attached to a Walmart get the app. Earn points with every purchase and get 10 cents a gallon off when you get to 100 points.
Thanks, tstewart3, I'll check it out!
$5.89 for premium Southern most part of CA's central coast. Many stations are over $6.10 Thankfully I work from home now but, the Husband has 100 mile a day commute so gas is twice a week for him.

Briana Baca
Senior Field Director
Curinos

Formerly, Informa's CXR Team (formerly Informa Financial Intelligence and Informa Research Services)
Briana.Goldman@Curinos.com

“Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.” —Jane Wagner


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2022 01:40PM by MSFDINF.
@guysmom wrote:

@tstewart3 wrote:


If its a Murphy Oil attached to a Walmart get the app. Earn points with every purchase and get 10 cents a gallon off when you get to 100 points.
Thanks, tstewart3, I'll check it out!

I downloaded the app and have already earned enough points to save 10 cents off a gallon. I think I'm going to like it better than GetUpside, because the savings will be immediate! Thanks, tstewart3!
It’s always great to have options I made a purchase Saturday and it’s already posted to my Upside account a day is not long for me I work from home and only do shopping 1-2 days a week and I’m at $15 I can transfer to a gift card from over 40 places, PayPal or my bank ???? I’m glad you found something to diversify your savings
@succeedin2 wrote:

It’s always great to have options I made a purchase Saturday and it’s already posted to my Upside account a day is not long for me I work from home and only do shopping 1-2 days a week and I’m at $15 I can transfer to a gift card from over 40 places, PayPal or my bank ???? I’m glad you found something to diversify your savings
Yes, it is great to have options! Now I have both GetUpside and the Murphy app. My issue with GetUpside is that for me, getting up to $15 in savings takes a LONG time, but I'll still use it if the "cents off" is greater than what the price per gallon is at other stations, such as Walmart's Marathon stations, which is my other app. So, I'll take advantage of both!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2022 01:19AM by guysmom.
ColoKate63 500 9y March 13, 2022 06:49PM
$0.00, after reimbursement. My tank is full, same for my husband’s, the lawnmower is full, and I have four five-gallon gas cans topped up in the shed. All courtesy of IPSOS last week.


I haven't done any of these types of shops. How difficult are they? I did an audit once and it took 45 minutes -checking sandwich temperatures and stuff. It paid $46 but I just don't like hanging out at a gas station for an hour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2022 09:16PM by Tanischri87.
3.699 at Costco/Sams Club/the nearby stations that mirror their prices but don't take coupons (a blue that I audited and a green that I haven't cracked the 70-page book to do their shops) to 3.999 (average) to 4.299 (the FU priced stations). Minnesota.
I LOVE flakes! I got a shop with a $12 bonus last week. On top of that, I liked the food selection.

@walesmaven wrote:

Apparently some local shoppers cancelled their Dash-In shops because I was just able to collect 3 in March and April quite near me and/or near other scheduled shops that have good fees. So, reimbursed both a very good lunch, $8 in gas and the price of 2 muffins ( to freeze for breakfasts) at each Dash-In shop and I will get a lot of fuel for half price or less. Oh, and at one of those I will use the 20 cents per gallon earned on my Giant foods rewards program, honored at all Shell stations (which include all local Dash-In locations).

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Today, I saw $5.00 in a town near me. This is the first time I have seen such a high price in my state. I did not need to gas up at that time, fortunately, and could wait for a station with a lower price.

... Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. Psalm 139:16 (KJV)

____
I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born. - Ronald Reagan
_____
Maryland will not be collecting state tax on gasoline during this crisis. I wonder if this will be reflected at the pumps.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Stopped at Murphy (Walmart) and paid $3.739 for regular WITHOUT USING the points earned on my Marathon App!!! Filled up almost 14 gallons for a total of $51.55 (ouch!!!) But I did earn 13 more points, so am up to 170 points. I should soon hit 200 points, which will get me TWENTY CENTS OFF/GALLON!! That's what I'm saving up for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2022 01:20AM by guysmom.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login