Corporate Research International

I say everyone should boycott this company since they are so hard to work with at the office. I have been treated very rudely by several office staff and have had shops rejected for some pretty lame reasons.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

Hello, Will. Welcome to the forum. If you would like to tell us more about the rejected shops, perhaps we can offer some suggestions.

Mary Davis Nowell. Based close to Fort Worth. Shopping Interstate 20 east and west, Interstate 35 north and south.
I'm with you AustinMom! Go ahead and boycott please!! Then those fees will creep up and I shall grab them!!
That is the problem they are all too low of fees and too much work for $3.00 so you can have all of them all day long.

I have been doing shops for a long time (since 2008) and have a perfect record with CRI BUT they do not bend and the employees in the office are rude with phone calls regarding shops. They will kick a shop and not give you any time to settle the problem.

You have to wait until the end of the month with this company to make any money on a shop and then you still have to pay for gas so it is hard to make money working with this company.
CANADAMOMMY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Love the posts with one post to their name and an
> instant do not shop for......

I have five years experience with this company so I do know what I am talking about. Do you like the low pay???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2013 02:23AM by willgolf4fun.
IDK, CRI is one of my biggest money makers. I like them, but you can boycott them....more money for me!


Edited because sometimes my fingers do the thinking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2013 03:13AM by SecretAgentMom.
SecretAgentMom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IDK, CRI is one of my biggest money makers. I like
> them, buy you can boycott them....more money for
> me!


Mine, too. I have to watch my tongue sometimes, they really are my mainstay.
Me three...add some zeros to the end of the fees you're seeing there, WillGolf. That's what I'm getting from this company that is "too low of fees." So yes, I like their not so "low" pay. If you've been shopping since 2008, why haven't you figured out their game by now? You have to pay for gas with any shops and it's hard to make money with any company, but don't work for Cori, they really are stinko...

*****************************************************************************
A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.

Zen Shin Talks
Me four...y'all go ahead and boycott, so I can keep taking their month end shops.

Not my circus - Not my monkeys @(*.*)@

~Polish Proverb~
If you do not like the pay do not shop for them.


willgolf4fun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CANADAMOMMY Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Love the posts with one post to their name and
> an
> > instant do not shop for......
>
> I have five years experience with this company so
> I do know what I am talking about. Do you like
> the low pay???
The thing is, willgolf, you came here to a forum of people you do not know and the first thing you say to us is to boycott a company many of us love to work for BECAUSE THEY WERE RUDE TO YOU.

I will boycott them when they are rude to ME. And I don't get out of my car for less than $7.50 unless I'm hungry. And I don't shop anywhere I wasn't already going unless I have bonus money to cover the gas. So their low fees don't bother me; I don't do shops for their low fees that wouldn't cover the gas to go around the block with. I've done an originally $7 bank shop for them for $28. I just did a $17 gas station job for $32. Most of us know how to wait.

If you've been shopping for five years, how come you haven't figure this out yet? But boycott them if you will; no skin off our backs. But don't expect us to join you in your "cause."

If you hate them so much, why did it take you five years to decide nobody should shop for them?

:
:
==============================================================
I pray it does not occur that the last thing I did before I died was vacuum the house or eat broccoli.
Will, make up with Corporate Research. Smooth it over and keep going. You stated that you started shopping in 2008, so I know that you know we don't shop at $3.00 and $4.00. Those starting fees are not relevant to the thread. You had some rejections and didn't find that acceptable. Find out what you can do in the future to avoid rejections and move on. If you really want to ditch the company, you have to do it alone.

Mary Davis Nowell. Based close to Fort Worth. Shopping Interstate 20 east and west, Interstate 35 north and south.
Hope all the Chicken Littles are reading this thread and taking Will seriously. Boycott away! It would be great to see those assignments sit on the board long enough to get bonused so it's worthwhile for me to grab them. smiling smiley

_____________________________________________________________________________
"Between stimulus and response, there is a space.
In that space is our power to choose our response.
In our response lies our growth and our freedom."
~Viktor Frankl
Wait, hold on, <<ssniffffffffffff>> okay. Will, as you can see there are many of on here, myself included, that like CORI, and have had no real major issues with them. If you feel that CORI is not the company for you, then we support you wanting to end your relationship with them. One man's (woman's) trash is another's treasure. However, if you do decide to leave, please lock us in behind you.
I like this company also. However, I went to two gas stations and took all the photos and did the reports. Unfortunately, my computer kept freezing and I would have to start the report all over again. Then I did get one report uploaded with photos. Unfortunately, they did not have the date on them. I thought I set my old camera to show the date. The second report never did get uploaded because again the computer kept freezing. Finally, I decided that I could not spend any more time on the reports. I lost the shops and wasted alot of time.

I have a new desktop ordered (need one anyway) and a new camera ordered (need one anyway) Both are old.

Lesson learned. It is not the company but me.

Will keep shopping for them even if my rating is lowered because of the above.

Pattyben
Pattyben -
Not sure if your computer was freezing because of your computer or because of CORI's late December through January computer problems.
If your new computer operates with Windows 8 or IE10, be sure to check out the thread regarding the fix for one of CORI's gas station shops that have been crashing with newer computers.
Great attitude re. the rejected shops. Live and learn, and then live better!
Well, I just found out that a location that I have shopped several times has been rejected because they claim the photos, that I sent them twice, came from a different location. They are dead wrong and I can't understand how they can tell me that the photos of previous jobs from this location do not match the photos of the location I shopped. This is a location I have shopped five times, I live in the next town over and know the address like the back of my hand. They must have the images of another location and do not realize it.
willgolf4fun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I say everyone should boycott this company since
> they are so hard to work with at the office. I
> have been treated very rudely by several office
> staff and have had shops rejected for some pretty
> lame reasons.
mothersmilk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, I just found out that a location that I have
> shopped several times has been rejected because
> they claim the photos, that I sent them twice,
> came from a different location. They are dead
> wrong and I can't understand how they can tell me
> that the photos of previous jobs from this
> location do not match the photos of the location I
> shopped. This is a location I have shopped five
> times, I live in the next town over and know the
> address like the back of my hand. They must have
> the images of another location and do not realize
> it.

That happened to me once on a 30.00 gas station...the pictures of the bathroom claimed didn't match the others they had. I WENT round and round with them because like you I KNEW I went to the correct location. The bathroom hadn't been updated in probably 30 years so pretty sure it wasn't a case of it looks different because of that. I told them to call the gas station because I was not backing down. I told them the previous person must have been sending them wrong photos or they had something mixed up. It took a few days and it got resolved.

Liz
I wish everyone would boycott CRI shops until they reach $10 (okay, $7 if it includes lunch).

And yes, their website is poorly coded. You can read my entire rant here:
[www.mysteryshopforum.com]

BUT the ONLY reason their site bugs me is because I use it so much! I've done shops ranging from $8 to $40 for them.

Last year my AVERAGE CRI shop came to over $18 NOT including reimbursements. Also, they are one of the fastest payers.

So, if you want to boycott, go for it, especially if you shop near me.

But at least learn to play the game and wait out the fees until they rise to an acceptable level.

AndrewTX
Certifiable
I just joined and have not been able to navigate their website yet let alone get a job. I am very new at this shopping thing and am learning that you have to wait to get paid better money no matter who you shop for. I have mostly shopped for Market Force.
rj,

I believe their site works best with Internet Explorer on a Windows machine. When I do their shops I report on my PC. I don't have any issues searching for jobs on my mac. Just click on "find jobs", put in your zip and a mileage and you can see if they have any jobs near you.

If you like MarketForce, check out the burger shops from Intellishop.

Enjoy shopping!

rjunited Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just joined and have not been able to navigate
> their website yet let alone get a job. I am very
> new at this shopping thing and am learning that
> you have to wait to get paid better money no
> matter who you shop for. I have mostly shopped for
> Market Force.

AndrewTX
Certifiable
I just had a horrible experience with this company and the editor in my area. I completed two assignments for them on Saturday and submitted them less than three hours later. I received confirmation numbers for both shops and have learned to diligently records these numbers for later proof of submission. Yesterday I received an email stating that I needed to re-enter one of the assignments because it "errored out" on their system. I was told it was due to the fact that I used the wrong browser. I was told they only support Internet Explorer. (I hate using Internet Explorer because it tends to hang on my computer and causes all sorts of aggravating issues.)

The thing that is amazing to me is that I used the same browser to enter both assignments. One was accepted without any issues and the other was not. I emailed the editor/scheduler back with the confirmation number last night after I returned home from my full-time job. She emailed me again telling me that their computer generates a confirmation number when it accepts a report but it doesn't mean that the report didn't "error out." She said if I did not re-enter the report by 2:00 PM today that I would be unassigned from the shop.

I explained that it was out of my control because I could not enter the assignment from work and I felt that I was being treated unfairly. She said she had given me plenty of time to re-enter it and it was not "required" of her to do that. She said I would be unassigned from the shop and that is exactly what happened.

This company offers a horrible per job pay scale and I am extremely upset with them at this point. I tend to use them as a filler when I will be in an area already because they the commission they offer is definitely not worth a special trip. I will not take an assignment from them that pays less than $10 so I usually wait and grab the assignments that they are desperate to fill because they increase the pay when they cannot fill them. Some of their assignments have unreasonable expectations for the $1 reimbursements and $4 or $5 commissions.

I think I am done with this company. Everyone needs to just stop visiting their website and taking assignments from them. As long as there are people that are willing to work for them with these laughable commissions and rude people they will continue to exist this way!
To reiterate what Andrew said, please boycott awaysmiling smiley

Equal rights for others does not mean fewer rights for you. It's not pie.
"I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag." -Molly Ivins
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time and it really annoys the pig.
Yes - I hope more shoppers decide not to work for them - especially in my location - it leaves more shops for ME-E-eeeeeee!
That attitude is why they exist. They are awful but people continue to take assignments from them. It's not worth it. You all can have them. I'm tired of getting beat up and aggravated. I'll stick to my $25 minimum shops that I don't have to wait around and stick to the job board to get. Whatever.
You mean like the five CORI jobs I have over the next two days that pay from $25 to $32?

Equal rights for others does not mean fewer rights for you. It's not pie.
"I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag." -Molly Ivins
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time and it really annoys the pig.
LisaSTL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You mean like the five CORI jobs I have over the
> next two days that pay from $25 to $32?

Geesh, I'm jealous. I checked the board after submitting two reports for them this evening. There is one lone assignment left in my area, and it is waay out in the boonies. I've never seen the assignments go so quickly for CoRI as I have this month, and I have never seen the board so empty.

I wish the CLs in my area would do as others have suggested and boycott CoRI.

_____________________________________________________________________________
"Between stimulus and response, there is a space.
In that space is our power to choose our response.
In our response lies our growth and our freedom."
~Viktor Frankl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login