Beyond Hello -- be wary of scheduler Mindy

She will not hesitate to ding your account as a flake (thus lowering your rating with them). I was unable to complete a shop recently and had to reschedule, and she was, right off the bat, going to mark me as "flake." She rescheduled but, unfortunately, due to poor health over the weekend, I was unable, again, to complete the shop so I notified her right away. No reply; she dinged my account.

Now, I'm not saying that schedulers do not have this right nor am I saying I am guiltless. However, I've never had any scheduler tag my account like this so it seems like a "burn bridges, vindictive" type of action. As a result, I feel other shoppers should be forewarned in case of considering signing up for a shop with Mindy Alvarez. Others could also argue that I'm being just as bad as her and, well, I suppose you could look at it that way. As a shopper, though, I'd want to know if a scheduler has the likelihood of being so "quick on the trigger" as far as putting a black mark on my account so that's why I'm posting this warning (until she dinged my account, my rating was very high).

I've had no issue with the other schedulers there (or at other MSCs), and this is the first time I've experienced this. Fortunately, I rarely find shops I want to do at Beyond Hello so it has very little impact on my ability to do shops.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

MM, I'm hoping you can give us some more information here. If you had a long history with Mindy of being dependable, I would agree that a bout of ill health should not result in a major ding. But, if you are a new shopper with Mindy and you cancelled twice on the same shop, I can see the ding. Also, if you've had previous cancellations with Mindy I can see the ding. I don't work with Mindy or Beyond Hello, but I do have up and down health problems due to cardiac issues, advanced arthritis, and a troublesome back following four spinal surgeries. I've received no dings when I had to cancel work with other MSCs. Sometimes I've furnished copies of papers from the doctor, and sometimes copies of hospital discharges to my schedulers and companies. If I'm not sick enough to see a doctor or sick enough to hit the emergency room, I'm not too sick to work. Can you give us details? Did you furnish proof of illness?

Mary Davis Nowell. Based close to Fort Worth. Shopping Interstate 20 east and west, Interstate 35 north and south.
I wonder if we will be hearing from Scheduler Mindy or Beyond Hello?
You know how these things have been turning out lately.
This is a shopper with six months experience, so it's quite possible that in six months this is the first time she has experienced this. Of course, six months is not very long. In the whole six months, there has been no issue with other schedulers. How many other schedulers overlooked a reschedule and a cancellation on the same shop?
Edited to add: Sorry, I was replying to the first inquiry (no one else had posted at the time when i started the post).

I understand what you are stating, but I don't have a history with Mindy (the other shops I've completed for Beyond Hello have been with other schedulers and I've scored really well with them). I never received replies on either my e-mail from the weekend or the voice mail I left yesterday (these I left before I even realized she'd dinged me so it wasn't like I was trying to talk her out of it). The first time, I let her know I had been home sick from my regular job and missed canceling the shop so we rescheduled for a few days later (she was going to ding me right off the bat). I relapsed over the weekend and didn't get to complete any of my shops. The only scheduler with an adverse reaction was Mindy. In fact, I have another shop with Beyond Hello that was also scheduled the same date, but that scheduler worked with me to reschedule for this coming weekend. Like I said, I'm not stating I'm without fault, but I do think shoppers should be aware if a scheduler is this quick to ding your account. Given that the shop didn't pay very well to begin with, a shopper would want to think whether or not it's really worth scheduling a shop through Mindy if, when unforeseen circumstances occur, then needing to cancel/reschedule would result in detrimental feedback to their accounts. My regular job is such that, at times, I have had to cancel/reschedule last minute because I needed to stay late for my regular job. Not a single scheduler has ever expressed a problem with that and continued to schedule shops with me after I have had to do that (because I work with them to reschedule the shop, not cancel outright). So given my experience up to this point and since, yeah, I think her reaction was a bit over-the-top.

As far as paperwork or other proof, no one has ever requested that of me. The most anyone requested were pictures I took proving a location no longer existed, which I volunteered that I took of my own volition and offered to the MSC when I contacted the scheduler to tell him the location no longer existed (I took pictures of the sign showing the address and what was going to occupy the then-vacant space).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2013 09:32PM by MM1970.
AustinMom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a shopper with six months experience, so
> it's quite possible that in six months this is the
> first time she has experienced this. Of course,
> six months is not very long. In the whole six
> months, there has been no issue with other
> schedulers. How many other schedulers overlooked
> a reschedule and a cancellation on the same shop?

I've actually only once canceled a shop that I had to reschedule (I've done all the others). It was a motorcycle shop where the shopper had to accept a test ride if offered. After I had rescheduled, I was in the middle of doing the background research on the client's website when I learned that I needed to provide my credit card info and accept liability if something happened to the bike during the test ride. I let the MSC know immediately that I had to cancel because there was no way I could afford to be liable for a vehicle just for a $XX shop.

This shop with Beyond Hello I didn't outright cancel. I offered to reschedule; the scheduler canceled it without rescheduling.
Sorry that happened to you and I hope you are feeling better. It's not just Mindy.. Margaret did that to me too. I applied for a shop that I never got assigned and now I have a flake citation. Normally I'd make a stink but I'm making good money working for other companies that pay me more quickly and offer more shops.

Did Mindy cancel the shop then put that assignment back on the job board or did she just cancel it? I would be furious if it ended up on the job board and I offered to reschedule.

Silver Certified ~ Shopping all of Toronto and beyond
Don't understand. If you never got the shop assigned to you how/why did they give you a flake citation.

dixiewhiskey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry that happened to you and I hope you are
> feeling better. It's not just Mindy.. Margaret did
> that to me too. I applied for a shop that I never
> got assigned and now I have a flake citation.
> Normally I'd make a stink but I'm making good
> money working for other companies that pay me more
> quickly and offer more shops.
>
> Did Mindy cancel the shop then put that assignment
> back on the job board or did she just cancel it? I
> would be furious if it ended up on the job board
> and I offered to reschedule.
dixiewhiskey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry that happened to you and I hope you are
> feeling better. It's not just Mindy.. Margaret did
> that to me too. I applied for a shop that I never
> got assigned and now I have a flake citation.
> Normally I'd make a stink but I'm making good
> money working for other companies that pay me more
> quickly and offer more shops.
>
> Did Mindy cancel the shop then put that assignment
> back on the job board or did she just cancel it? I
> would be furious if it ended up on the job board
> and I offered to reschedule.

Thanks, dixiewhiskey! I had a crazy busy day at my regular job (payroll deadlines always do that) then had three shops to do right after work so I've "moved on" (for the moment).

As far as the shop -- she canceled and put it back on the job board. I wasn't upset about that; I figured her job is to get the shops scheduled but figured giving me the citation was a revenge move. I don't understand about your situation though. How can they give you a flake citation for a shop you were never assigned?

I've never encountered Margaret so I must not be in her shop area as I don't get any available shop e-mails from her (usually Kelly and CeeCee, I think).
Warning: This User Has Been Banned or Is No Longer Active
I've had good experiences thus far with Beyond Hello but I have noticed that I don't get the juicier shops I'd like to get such as the giftcard/mall shop they sometimes have - I have however had several sunglasses shops and two tool shops assigned to me. I believe you have to spend some time with this MSC and build up a rep over time before you can get the better shops which is the same with any MSC I guess unless they are desperate.

I will admit the very first shop I ever did I flaked on due to a family emergency and this was with Beyond Hello. I have the flake notation listed with them BUT I was still able to get the sunglasses shops and the tool store shops and I personally find the tool store shops lucrative so I'm pleased overall with Beyond Hello.
I don't understand either and that's why I e-mailed the scheduler about it. I never received any notification that the shop was assigned to me. Every other shop that I have either completed or applied for, I received a notification either way saying I got the assignment or that it was "closed". I've yet to receive a response about it, I'm hoping that I do today.
jwolpert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't understand. If you never got the shop
> assigned to you how/why did they give you a flake
> citation.
>
> dixiewhiskey Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sorry that happened to you and I hope you are
> > feeling better. It's not just Mindy.. Margaret
> did
> > that to me too. I applied for a shop that I
> never
> > got assigned and now I have a flake citation.
> > Normally I'd make a stink but I'm making good
> > money working for other companies that pay me
> more
> > quickly and offer more shops.
> >
> > Did Mindy cancel the shop then put that
> assignment
> > back on the job board or did she just cancel it?
> I
> > would be furious if it ended up on the job
> board
> > and I offered to reschedule.

Silver Certified ~ Shopping all of Toronto and beyond
Well yeah that's what I mean.. maybe she thought you would "flake" on the assignment again but I think she could have just made a personal note instead of giving a citation. That's really unfair!

The other schedulers with this company are generally pretty easy going. It seems there is always one editor/scheduler with a MSC that gives people a hard time.


MM1970 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks, dixiewhiskey! I had a crazy busy day at
> my regular job (payroll deadlines always do that)
> then had three shops to do right after work so
> I've "moved on" (for the moment).
>
> As far as the shop -- she canceled and put it back
> on the job board. I wasn't upset about that; I
> figured her job is to get the shops scheduled but
> figured giving me the citation was a revenge move.
> I don't understand about your situation though.
> How can they give you a flake citation for a shop
> you were never assigned?
>
> I've never encountered Margaret so I must not be
> in her shop area as I don't get any available shop
> e-mails from her (usually Kelly and CeeCee, I
> think).

Silver Certified ~ Shopping all of Toronto and beyond
My one and only flake citation came from her. I was without internet access and unable to report a shop within 24 hours. My area had a power outage. When I did try to report, it was no longer available. No emails from her were in my inbox. I still see that from years ago on my profile, and I have a 10 rating with them and have done over 100 shops. It still haunts, and irks me!
Warning: This User Has Been Banned or Is No Longer Active
jillmarie13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My one and only flake citation came from her. I
> was without internet access and unable to report a
> shop within 24 hours. My area had a power outage.
> When I did try to report, it was no longer
> available. No emails from her were in my inbox. I
> still see that from years ago on my profile, and I
> have a 10 rating with them and have done over 100
> shops. It still haunts, and irks me!


Based on what you have written here, I would agree this is not playing nice on the scheduler's part. Seriously. To be successful in this business, it helps to have a good reputation - and our performance on shops is kept track of. Am I off base wishing there way some way to hold schedulers accountable to some kind of performance standards, too? I doubt this could ever happen but when I hear stories like the above, I wish it could.
jillmarie13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My one and only flake citation came from her. I
> was without internet access and unable to report a
> shop within 24 hours. My area had a power outage.
> When I did try to report, it was no longer
> available. No emails from her were in my inbox. I
> still see that from years ago on my profile, and I
> have a 10 rating with them and have done over 100
> shops. It still haunts, and irks me!

I would have at least tried to make a phone contact, unless that too was taken out due to the power outage (cell towers should have some kind of backup power). Which reminds me, I need to make sure I have phone numbers for each MSC I work for going forward just in case...
I did'nt have a smartphone at the time. I wouldn't have had any way to get their number, and don't even know if it's available.
Man, go to the New Shoppers part of the forum and read all the threads at the top that are marked "sticky". Then go to the bottom of the page to the Official List of Mystery Shopping Companies and start signing up. Everything you need to know has already been posted in the threads on this forum. Read, read, read.

Mary Davis Nowell. Based close to Fort Worth. Shopping Interstate 20 east and west, Interstate 35 north and south.
Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> how do i make money Im new here

Most people make money by working.
Yes, most people do make money by working, and that answer is correct and funny. That said, that kind of answer is part of the reason newcomers are intimidated by the forum.

Mary Davis Nowell. Based close to Fort Worth. Shopping Interstate 20 east and west, Interstate 35 north and south.
Hi, Man, welcome to the forum. You won't actually make any money here. But if you want a good overview of how to start your business, this is the place - and all the information here is FREE. Mystery shopping means starting your own small business so it takes a lot of time up front to read everything and understand how to start the business. The time you spend setting up your business and registering with mystery shopping companies will pay off in available jobs. The more jobs you do, the more money you will make. To get started, go to the Frequently Asked Questions:

[www.mysteryshopforum.com]
MDavisnowell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, most people do make money by working, and
> that answer is correct and funny. That said, that
> kind of answer is part of the reason newcomers are
> intimidated by the forum.


I have been properly chastised. But I wasn't really trying to be mean just a little humerous. I know...I know..I have a sarcastic sense of humour.

Sorry man and welcome to the forum. Follow the advice of MDavisnowell and Austinmom. This forum has a lot of information and you will learn a lot if you follow their advice.
I have a friend who went to complete a high end shop for them and was completely ignored, even after requesting assistance. she said that a male employee kept looking at her "up and down" as he assisted someone else. she wrote to beyond hello about this and said that she was uncomfortable. never received a reply but did receive a flake citation a few days later.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login