Does anyone else dislike Trendsource?

I've done a few grocery shops for them and they ask too much and the reports are complicated. The instructions for the pizza shops are also complicated. Is it just me?

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

I do like them in general. The grocery shops I had were easy enough, but maybe you had a different chain. I did not have any trouble with the pizza shops, either. My photos were all accepted. What specifically is causing you trouble?

I have trouble getting the business verifications in my area. By the time I get an e-mail and log in, they're gone. This started just this year. My one thought is that someone has the RSS feed on their cell, but I don't have mine on when I'm home so it does me no good.

*********************
I'm "Sandi" in the Middle!


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2013 03:55AM by SandiAigo.
The BV's go fast. Sometimes I log in as soon as I get the email and they're gone. When I am able to snatch one, I act like a child and say haha I beat you this time. Lol
pamala Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The BV's go fast. Sometimes I log in as soon as I
> get the email and they're gone. When I am able to
> snatch one, I act like a child and say haha I beat
> you this time. Lol


I admit to taking them not just to beat out the other person! I do bvs for other companies and TS pays the LEAST, but if I can get one close by, I'll take it! (And say, "Haha! I beat you this time!" like a territorial animal.)

*********************
I'm "Sandi" in the Middle!
I think their grocery shops are way too extensive for $5 and the one where you go to a retail store and shop the printer company sales rep are exhausting reports and redundant. I will scoop one up once in a while when the bonus is $10 but then I kinda hate that I did.
quiettime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the one where you go to a retail store
> and shop the printer company sales rep are
> exhausting reports and redundant.


Oh dear Lord, yes. R-E-D-U-N-D-A-N-T. Holy crap. *SO* annoying.



> I will scoop one
> up once in a while when the bonus is $10 but then
> I kinda hate that I did.


Me too. On both counts. smiling smiley

Happiness is merely life's way of keeping you off-balance.
I love Trendsource, I think that the schedulers are really nice as a matter of a fact I would say that they are some of the nicest that I have ever had experience with.

****************


Motivation increases when we assume large responsibilities with a short deadline.
I dislike Trendsource. I asked for clarification on one shop. The scheduler never answered my question, just cancelled all of my shops and gave them to someone else.

They don't need me and I don't need them!
I looked at one of their grocery stores and just decided there was too much involved for the pay. I do their business verifications but they do pay the least compared to other companies.
I don't mind their pizza shops. I wouldn't ordinarily buy from the pizza chain they work with - too much sugar and too expensive (plus we have plenty of great locally owned places in RI!), but to get reimbursed for pizza purchases is always a good thing. I am just wondering - how long does it take to get the shop grade and pay from them?
I mostly do their business verifications, which I like. But I also agree you have to be pretty darn quick on the trigger to land them.

I think they pay fairly quickly, and when I've had a problem, I've found their editors easy to work with.
I do the BV when they are close. I have never had an issue with the pizza shops. Most all their other shops are too low pay. Their quick pay and friendly staff are an added bonus.
In my area, there is only the Sub sandwich shop. Nice people, pay fast.

expect the unexpected
For BV they pay FAR under others. And if the client refuses a meeting they say you must interview anyway. No the client on those has the right of refusal. Dumb to refuse but they have the right.
I haven't done the pizza shops but I don't find the grocery store reports complicated. Are you finding these complicated because they ask for a lot of information or because you don't understand the questions? Do you understand the guidelines and can you get all the information they want? Maybe it's not that the reports are complicated but that you are having a problem with the guidelines. Tell us more about where you're getting hung up and maybe we can help.

Mary Davis Nowell. Based close to Fort Worth. Shopping Interstate 20 east and west, Interstate 35 north and south.
sportsed1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I mostly do their business verifications, which I
> like. But I also agree you have to be pretty darn
> quick on the trigger to land them.
>

This was not much of a problem for me until this past year. I lost one job to a contractor and requested to be a back up. She needed directions, but the location was down the street from me, so
I was upset. However, I got the job eventually because she never showed up or called or contacted
TS. I don't know if TS deactivated her or not.

Then there was the other contractor (same one?) who visited a location for TS on a job that I couldn't get before I went for another company. Upon my arrival, the receptionist told me how bad the previous visit went because the other contractor wouldn't do anything without her hand being held. "She just didn't want to work" was what the receptionist said over and over. The contact at that location ended up offering me a job!

*********************
I'm "Sandi" in the Middle!
I don't dislike them. I've done a few BV in the past but I stopped doing them because the fee is just too low for what you have to do. Around here, BVs down near the southern border are rarely picked up quickly. It's a 65 mile one-way trip for me so I definitely won't do it without some kind of travel bonus. They sit for awhile until a 'name your bonus' offer is added and they still sit. I've requested a couple along with a bonus and was not accepted so I'm guessing at some point, somebody took them for less.
TS is my favorite. I especially like the grocery shops. I hang out at grocery stores anyway just to relax. Yes, they are long reports but after a couple, I had a routine...memorized the departments and took a "grocery list". I do two local chains and take as many shops as I can get.

After a few pizza shops I quit since no one would eat them. I also did a few BV's but unless they look interesting, I found they were just too time consuming for the pay. The trick to efficiency seems to be: find something you like and do it over and over.

Right now I'm doing Medicare formal presentations which are boring but the season is short. For efficiency, I go for the repeat shop then I can memorize the questions and process.

My evaluation of an MS company is not how fast they pay. Just put the money into my PayPal account when you say you will.

Silver Certificate: Shopping the Maritime Northwest
I love working with Trendsource. They call me for the assignments. Sometimes I ask for some distance pay.
If they are close or on my way I have no problem doing them.
MBShops Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>I hang out at grocery stores anyway just to
> relax.

I'm sorry to pirate the thread (as she does), but I find this truly fascinating! From my perspective, hanging out at a grocery store would be akin to hanging out at my doctor's office. All I can think is, maybe a grocery store to you is like a TJMaxx/Marshall's/HomeGoods store is for me, except there are potential "surprises" awaiting at those three stores. I would love to enjoy the grocery store even a little. What do you find so "relaxing"?

(heart)

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
There's one 'grocery store' out here where I could 'hang out'... but that's only because it's not *just* a grocery store. Anybody heard of Fred Meyer's? They've got a department for everything. I MS there, too ~ and no, they're NOT shopped by this MSC. I have to remind myself to "hurry up, hurry up, hurry up" when MS'ing because I get side-tracked looking at this or that several times. Heh.

And yes, sometimes I *do* find surprises in the actual grocery section. Hee! smiling smiley

Happiness is merely life's way of keeping you off-balance.
Is trend source still having mystery shops in Florida
last several days nothing shows up when I do a search of my area and also all of Florida/
I plugged in a random Miami zip code, and saw quite a few of the same type of things I see in my area.
The longer I work "for" TS, the more I like them.... but it is working "for" the company because they don't necessarily work "with" you. I shop them for the quick return.
I like the bvs and do all the ones I can get from TS. Most of the time the new bvs are posted a couple times a day and I've figured out pretty much what times they post them and that's when I go on the web site and check. As for not paying enough I don't see any difference between doing a bv for $17-19 or doing a cell phone shop for $15. In fact I think there is less time and effort in doing the bv.
plmccut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like the bvs and do all the ones I can get from
> TS. Most of the time the new bvs are posted a
> couple times a day and I've figured out pretty
> much what times they post them and that's when I
> go on the web site and check. As for not paying
> enough I don't see any difference between doing a
> bv for $17-19 or doing a cell phone shop for $15.
> In fact I think there is less time and effort in
> doing the bv.

Comparing the fee to a mystery shop is valid, but I do bvs for other companies that
start at $25. I have been paid $50 for some.
And although they are straightforward, they can be more time-consuming than some $15
shops when you count the phone tag with the contact, the visit, the uploading and the webform. But some $15 shops--ugh!--I've waited 20 minutes for help at a cell phone shop, which is why they're pretty much off my list.

*********************
I'm "Sandi" in the Middle!
I told them to deactivate me. I didn't like being pressured with those bloody countdowns (time left to phone the client before going). Ridiculous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2013 10:01PM by Canuck.
I've only done pizza shops for Trendsource, and never had a problem. The reports are simple and straightforward. The most important thing to remember is that you MUST TAKE CLEAR, HIGH RESOLUTION PHOTOS AT THE CORRECT ANGLE, including the slip of paper with the job # & store # in the photo. Do NOT include any body parts in the photos or they will reject your shop! (The only pepperonis they want to see are the sliced ones atop the pizza!)

If you follow their instructions, the pizza shops are a snap. Because I am not a fan of chain pizza (meaning no disrespect to those who are,) I only accept these shops when Trendsource approves a decent bonus ("PAD"winking smiley, above the reimbursement.
Does anyone care to share what other business verification companies they've worked for, and how they compare with Trendsource?
I like trendsource I find their forms easy.

THere's another company I won't mention (OOOOPS) but you have to check the registers three times during your visit, get the names of six employees, fill out a long hideous form. I don't like doing them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login