Beyond Hello changed pay After shop completion?

Does anyone have a number or email to reach Beyond Hello accounting or some similar department?

I have one "received" shop in my log where the total pay for it was changed to $0.00. I'm assuming it's an error because no one has contacted me about it. I tried to email the scheduler on it, and even used the "help" link for the job, but no one has emailed me back, and that was about a week ago. It is near the end of the month, and I'm trying to get this cleared up before payments process. Any ideas on who I should call or email?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2015 03:32AM by xenshopper.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

@MSNinja wrote:

I think that means your report was rejected so you will not be paid.

Wouldn't they say if it was rejected? I did 2 of these shops, and the other was fine...not perfect, but it was given a 9...

It's very frustrating that no one there will return my email...
email every scheduler that ever emailed you using one email. this is called
the email carpet bomb. One of them will respond. Dont forget to include
lisa as one of them, as she is the owner, though since they have brought
on a marketforce exec, things have not been the same.

= + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = +
There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots
==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==
When you try to please everybody, you end up pleasing nobody
@techman01 wrote:

email every scheduler that ever emailed you using one email. this is called
the email carpet bomb. One of them will respond. Dont forget to include
lisa as one of them, as she is the owner, though since they have brought
on a marketforce exec, things have not been the same.

Thanks, I'm new to Beyond Hello, so I did not know Lisa was an owner. I just did a search of my old emails and found her address on my paypal payment email. I will try that before the bomb.
Ok, I've been on vacay. Are you saying that Mystery Researchers, aka Beyond Hello, aka the old RSG is now merging with Market Force? I need another vacay!
No I'm saying Lisa hired ex marketforce exec(s) and since then you notice
the level of service has tanked and the fee structure is not the same among
other differences.

= + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = +
There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots
==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==
When you try to please everybody, you end up pleasing nobody
I believe I know exactly which project you're speaking about, xenshopper.

You're talking about the restaurant menu audits, correct?

I'm shot out a clarification email to the scheduler / editor to clarify as well.

--------------------------------------------

All – To summarize, Beyond Hello (Mystery Researchers, specifically) currently have these shops that list an "Expenses up to $x.xx," depending on the kind of restaurant it is. The assignment requires the shopper to purchasing something small. I read through the guidelines and the shop comments and could not find anywhere else stating a reimbursement amount, other than the SASSIE board before Beyond Hello "receives" the shop. The guideline does insinuate to purchase "condiments, bottled water or items off of the Value Menu" to minimum out of pocket expenses; however, it's not clear if this is not reimbursed by Beyond Hello / Mystery Researchers because the the shop on SASSIE does list an expense limit.

The shops I completed show "$0.00 expenses" after Beyond Hello received my reports too.

If I hear anything as well, I report the response.

@MSNinja wrote:

I think that means your report was rejected so you will not be paid.

I'm experiencing the same issue. They're not rejected. The scheduler emailed me and had my reports pushed through. I am also showing "$0.00 expenses," even though the shop showed an "Expenses up to" amount.

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 30 year old male and willing to travel! Badged for Denver International Airport.


Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2015 09:42PM by Tarantado.
UPDATE: This isn't promising; below is the explanation I received:

"Because this isn't an actual reimbursement (i.e. if you spend $0.80 for a small coffee, you'll get $1.00, and not $0.80), these will be listed as a 'special expense' on the job board."

This didn't really answer my question, so reiterated the question one more time to see if that'll clear up the confusion.

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 30 year old male and willing to travel! Badged for Denver International Airport.
The OP did not state the type of shop. I think we're jumping the gun assuming it's the audits. My audits for example were not rated. They went from completed to received. This is what I now see:

Shop Fee: $5.00
Spec Exp: $1.00
TOTAL: $6.00

My posts are solely based on my opinions and for my entertainment, contact a professional if you need real advice.

When you get in debt you become a slave. - Andrew Jackson
@isaiah58 wrote:

The OP did not state the type of shop. I think we're jumping the gun assuming it's the audits. My audits for example were not rated. They went from completed to received. This is what I now see:

Shop Fee: $5.00
Spec Exp: $1.00
TOTAL: $6.00

Possibly. If we're not given enough details, one can only assume.

With that being said, what exactly is the difference between "Expenses" and "Special Expenses?"

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 30 year old male and willing to travel! Badged for Denver International Airport.
My shop was a telephone shop for an auto dealer service department. So I had no expenses, or special expenses. It was strictly the Shop Fee that was changed.

I still have not heard anything back, and today all my March shops disappeared from my shop log. I am assuming that is normal for the end of the month...
Thanks, suzieboz. I didn't realize that option was available...I always wondered what that big "GO" button did!

The shops are there under "finished."
@Tarantado wrote:

@isaiah58 wrote:


Shop Fee: $5.00
Spec Exp: $1.00
TOTAL: $6.00


.... what exactly is the difference between "Expenses" and "Special Expenses?"

There was $1 towards whatever you purchased to get a receipt. I purchased a chicken wrap at one location and gave it to a homeless person. One of the clients had nothing under $1. Based on that I only pick up locations local to me. Next time I'll attempt to combine shops between MSCs.

My posts are solely based on my opinions and for my entertainment, contact a professional if you need real advice.

When you get in debt you become a slave. - Andrew Jackson
@isaiah58 wrote:

@Tarantado wrote:

@isaiah58 wrote:


Shop Fee: $5.00
Spec Exp: $1.00
TOTAL: $6.00


.... what exactly is the difference between "Expenses" and "Special Expenses?"

There was $1 towards whatever you purchased to get a receipt. I purchased a chicken wrap at one location and gave it to a homeless person. One of the clients had nothing under $1. Based on that I only pick up locations local to me. Next time I'll attempt to combine shops between MSCs.

Thanks, isaiah58. Would have it been different if your assignment stated:

Shop Fee: $5.00
Exp: $1.00

This is the first time I heard an MSC differentiate between "Expenses" and "Special Expenses."

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 30 year old male and willing to travel! Badged for Denver International Airport.
I believe it was explained above stating you get $1 regardless of what you spent, be it less or more

My posts are solely based on my opinions and for my entertainment, contact a professional if you need real advice.

When you get in debt you become a slave. - Andrew Jackson
Just an update...

I had to drop the email bomb, but was able to get to someone who told me the shop wouldn't be paid because I didn't follow the guidelines. I pointed out that I did follow the guidelines, but the guidelines required additional steps after the questionnaire due date. So in order to submit the questionnaire on time, when I got to the questions that asked if XYZ had been done, I had to answer "no."

They apologized for the confusion and said I would be paid for the shop. They understood and were professional and easy to work with. But getting ahold of someone that could assist was painful!
@xenshopper wrote:

Just an update...

I had to drop the email bomb, but was able to get to someone who told me the shop wouldn't be paid because I didn't follow the guidelines. I pointed out that I did follow the guidelines, but the guidelines required additional steps after the questionnaire due date. So in order to submit the questionnaire on time, when I got to the questions that asked if XYZ had been done, I had to answer "no."

They apologized for the confusion and said I would be paid for the shop. They understood and were professional and easy to work with. But getting ahold of someone that could assist was painful!

Usually when a shop requires this, they say to use the "save shop for later" feature and then come back to enter the rest of the questionnaire. I would have emailed the scheduler before submitting the shop form to at least let them know what's going on, that way they could kick it back to you if that's what they wanted to do and the guidelines didn't explicitly say so.
Yes, I did email the scheduler on it (and even tried numerous phone numbers, but never got a return call) multiple times. There were a few other inconsistencies with it as well, with the guidelines saying one thing and the questionnaire saying the opposite. The scheduler emailed me back after a few days and clarified some things, but not this particular detail.
I'm having the same issue with some of their sales call shops. Now I'm assuming they won't be paying me for them. Confused, because I definitely followed the guidelines. Not sure about Beyond Hello...they've got tons of shops in my area but their communication is not good.
Does anyone have Lisa's email address? xenshopper...who was it that finally responded to you? I'd like to send an email to that person, as well. Thanks.
This MSC is the hardest to work with in the brief amount of time I have been working. I wish their communication was better. But on the other hand if you get an email from someone you should save their contact info so you can call them. Once the ice is broken it seems like it could be easier. They give phone numbers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login