Suggestion for Schedulers - Place all relevant Information in Email Subject Line

Much like other shoppers on here, I get inundated by many shop requests. I received about 112 of those today alone, so I thought I'd offer a suggestion. It would save everyone's time if schedulers would put relevant information in the email subject line: City, Pay, Type of Shop, Deadline. Example: San Rafael, $20, Casual Dining, 6/30.

I want to know about time and money before I investigate a shop. Do not put "Please help me with super easy shop!!!!!" or "Get paid to eat candy!!!! Super easy shop!!" I automatically delete those. Give me the important information so I can make a smart decision.

Thanks for reading. If this note should be in another section, please let me know.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

Sorry but it is not a reality. Many emails sent out by schedulers or MSCs are automated mass mailings. They are not going to take the time to "personalize" each and every email that they send out. I scan, read, save, accept or delete all emails for both FT job and MS/audit jobs in 10 minutes or less. Being stuck in rush hour traffic or at red lights is a great time to check and sort emails.
The worst ones are those that require you to log in to see that nothing worthwhile is there. I don't even open them any more.

Now scheduling travel shops for the day after Christmas through mid-January.
I've been getting several a day from the same company that say Big bonus added or something like that in the subject line. The body of the email is the same email as always about the shop and there is no mention of how much the bonus will be or even that there really is one. Today it said the bonus was the most they have ever offered. In my market that might be 50 Cents. This is a job definitely not worth doing at the base rate. I did tell the scheduler when they called the other day to let me know if they put on a big bonus. No I am not going to send an email to find out. Just tell me what the huge bonus is when you send the email and I will decide if I want the job. Very frustrating for shoppers. I do not think the bonus was negotiable.
Super easy are trigger word that are translated to read 10 foot pole in my head.

****************


Motivation increases when we assume large responsibilities with a short deadline.
@Riki wrote:

Do not put "Please help me with super easy shop!!!!!" or "Get paid to eat candy!!!! Super easy shop!!" I automatically delete those.

Add another to that list "Fun....shop."

Such subject lines paint the MSC and the scheduler involved as unprofessional. One cannot help but to wonder if their clients knew how juvenile some of these people are in their business communications how many clients would bolt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2016 04:10AM by Rousseau.
Riki isn't saying to personalize the mass emails, but to configure them so they are more useful to the shopper.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
@HonnyBrown wrote:

Riki isn't saying to personalize the mass emails, but to configure them so they are more useful to the shopper.

I often get emails with dozens or even hundreds of cities listed. To individually put the city (Riki's first request in his or her proposed format) closest to me would require personalization. For as many emails as I get with "<Shopper Name>, We have a great shop just for you!", I'd say asking that the city of the shop that qualified me to receive the email in the subject line might be too much to ask.
I agree it would be nice, but I don't think it's gonna happen....

Shopper in California's Bay Area
@sandyf wrote:

I've been getting several a day from the same company that say Big bonus added or something like that in the subject line. The body of the email is the same email as always about the shop and there is no mention of how much the bonus will be or even that there really is one. Today it said the bonus was the most they have ever offered. In my market that might be 50 Cents. This is a job definitely not worth doing at the base rate. I did tell the scheduler when they called the other day to let me know if they put on a big bonus. No I am not going to send an email to find out. Just tell me what the huge bonus is when you send the email and I will decide if I want the job. Very frustrating for shoppers. I do not think the bonus was negotiable.

This is a pet peeve of mine. Tell me what the friggin' bonus is. I'm a busy person. I don't have time to sit around emailing every scheduler who uses the word bonus. The size of the bonus is directly related to my motivation to work that shop into my schedule. It shouldn't be rocket science.
Well, I've been getting emails about shops in my area and since they were not from among my top 10 MSCs, I've been deleting them. I received a call from one of them and he said I had signed up with them and they had an important upscale shop I could do but he wanted to update my profile first. I checked the website, and sure enough I was signed up with them. But there was no shop available for me. He said it would show when he completed the update with my photo.

So, I am doing a very high-end shop for them today. Lesson learned. Update my profiles and sign up with more.
My first move on emails is to check the locations. I don't waste the time to read anything in the email if the location isn't in my shopping circle. If not, I delete and move on.
@schylarsok wrote:

My first move on emails is to check the locations. I don't waste the time to read anything in the email if the location isn't in my shopping circle. If not, I delete and move on.

And if schedulers bothered to use the (geographic and other) filters which are built into both Sassie and Shopmetrics, you would not be needing to press delete so often.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2016 07:34AM by Rousseau.
There is a flip side to that request, though. If there are 20 locations within 5 miles of your home, and the email is separated for each location, you would then be flooded with 20 emails for the same assignment. There are just as many complaints about receiving those emails as well. There is usually not enough character space to list multiple cities in an email title, no matter what platform is used. What is the happy medium?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login