Bare International

Bare is now requiring direct deposit to pay shoppers. If you did not see the email, please go to their website to sign up.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

Bare has always had DD as an option. I have complete DD with them for 7 years. It does not appear to be anything new.
I think that what HonnyBrown is saying is that they are now REQUIRING it, not just offering it as an option.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2018 06:16PM by SharPen1.
Now if only they would impose that requirement on themselves instead of making shoppers wait for the mail when larger payments are due.
@Rousseau wrote:

Now if only they would impose that requirement on themselves instead of making shoppers wait for the mail when larger payments are due.

They changed that as well.
My DD was well over $1000 this month.
I like Bare. Been with them for at least 10 years, yet their jobs seem to be getting fewer & far between in both the Southeast, and Southwest regions.

At least to me anyway, Bare seems to be known in some places as "Barely."
I like Bare, too. They are very responsive to questions, and they have some excellent shops (albeit not as many as I'd like.)

“I am convinced that knowledge is power - to overcome the past, to change our own situations, to fight new obstacles, to make better decisions.” ~Ben Carson
It's always been an option, but now it is required.

@sojo917 wrote:

Bare has always had DD as an option. I have complete DD with them for 7 years. It does not appear to be anything new.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Need some help-- I am having trouble getting this set up. Every time I try to enter the number, it bounces back saying that the IBAN number is invalid--Isn't this just the "routing number" on my check? Has anyone else had trouble or have any ideas what to do? I've been waiting a while for a reply from Bare. I've checked and rechecked the numbers and format, and I've already had a second set of eyes verify that I'm following their example.
@Threemom wrote:

Need some help-- I am having trouble getting this set up. Every time I try to enter the number, it bounces back saying that the IBAN number is invalid--Isn't this just the "routing number" on my check? Has anyone else had trouble or have any ideas what to do? I've been waiting a while for a reply from Bare. I've checked and rechecked the numbers and format, and I've already had a second set of eyes verify that I'm following their example.

Are you using BARE's US site or one of their foreign sites? IBANs are not used in the United States. If you are on the US site then read the instructions on their extended profile page:

@ wrote:

The numbers are found on your checks or on your deposit slip if you have a savings account. You MUST include 9 digit Bank Routing Number first, then Checking or Savings account number, then a "C" or a "S" to indicate whether the account is checking or savings. Example: 123456789444444C. The 1-9 is the 9 digit bank routing number, the 4s are your account number and the C on the end indicates a checking account. Please do not use any spaces or special characters. For additional information, please copy and paste the following link into your browser: [www.bareinternational.com]

Did you remember to enter the C or S?
Thanks for the reply! I am in the US, and I'm following the email instructions. I've read the "additional information" link, and I believe I am doing everything as instructed, including the "C" at the end. After I finish entering and confirming using the required format on the Profile/Additional Information page, it kicks me over to a more detailed page asking for bank details such as address, branch number, etc. That is where I get an "Oops!" and it says I have the invalid IBAN.
Since IBANs are not used in the US, try leaving the IBAN field blank. You might even try leaving the entire detailed page blank. Failing those, you could always check with BARE. I have always found them responsive to both e-mail and phone.
I just did this and it was confusing. If you are on the page with the IBAN field and you are in the US or Canada, you are on the wrong page. US and Canada put your info in on the basic page (the first page from your profile, not the second). It's in the Additional Information section.

Orlando - lightly shopping NC
Yes, if you read the section just above where it is asking for the IBAN, you will see it's only for outside of the US and Canada. You need to leave everything about bank information on this extended profile page blank. It will allow you to submit with no errors. If you entered everything correctly on the first page with the "C" at the end, you are good to go.

@Threemom wrote:

Thanks for the reply! I am in the US, and I'm following the email instructions. I've read the "additional information" link, and I believe I am doing everything as instructed, including the "C" at the end. After I finish entering and confirming using the required format on the Profile/Additional Information page, it kicks me over to a more detailed page asking for bank details such as address, branch number, etc. That is where I get an "Oops!" and it says I have the invalid IBAN.
Maybe i wasn't being clear. I wasn't ENTERING the IBAN. When I entered according to instructions on the first page, it opened the detailed page and gave me that message. Anyway, they responded and did something that allowed me to enter the info with no problems this time. Thanks for trying to help!
No, I understood you perfectly. It did the same thing to me. My point was that you don't enter any banking info on that detailed second page. Glad it worked out for you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login