Blocked on MarketForce?

I made an offer (utilizing "Make an Offer" ) of $25 for a gas station. Straight ms, no audit. It was declined.

They paid another shopper $40 for the gas station ms. (I know this for a fact, as she called me and asked me why I didn't do it.)

I do not understand how that makes them more profitable.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2019 08:31PM by ceasesmith.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

@ceasesmith wrote:

I made an offer (utilizing "Make an Offer"winking smiley of $25 for a gas station. Straight ms, no audit. It was declined.

They paid another shopper $40 for the gas station ms. (I know this for a fact, as she called me and asked me why I didn't do it.)

I do not understand how that make them more profitable.

You can get blocked for late reports. You really don't know why you are blocked, do you? They won't tell you. Maybe the extra $15 was worth it to them to get it done fast and submitted?
This is the first I've heard about getting blocked for late reports. What I was told (and has been confirmed by other shoppers) is that I was on a list of shoppers who regularly (like 99.9% of the time) get paid large (by MF standards) bonuses. All the shoppers on the list were blocked.

I offered to do the shop the same day. They called the other shopper TWO WEEKS later to offer her the shop. How is that faster?
They can pick and choose their shoppers. If they have a list of people who are paid too much to be profitable, they can block every one of them. It's their choice. Their shops are incredibly simple. They can, and will, find somebody to do them. Yes, you can get blocked or deactivated for being late too often. Nobody owes anybody anything.

It's one company out of 100's.
Rob G. It is actually call stupidity. foolishness and lack of business competence and etiquette because if the shops are not done within a certain time frame, they are sent back to the client and the MS company earns no money for the shops what's so ever. If they just give the shop to an established shopper they would avoid the risk(s) of having to lose money so often. They need learn and understand business by looking at the bigger picture; there are other companies out there just waiting to take their business.
You see, I have been called 3 weeks back to back to be offered $5.00+ more than what I had put in an offer for of which was declined when I had initially requested the same shop. By not giving it when requested they run the risk of it not being able to be done by anyone hence no payment to their organization at all. 2 of the 3 times I was unable to do the shop in the midnight hour hence no money for them because they could not find anyone else.
You are right!
With time and account losses came many changes; inclusive of these pay changes.
Back in the day when the golden arches were around, the company was a wonderful place. I remember getting blocked from the foreign callers because I had requested that. They used to call me too much and some of them did not know what they were talking about and would put me on hold too much so I had to tell them to stop calling me. Other than that, I never had a block issue and the pay was really good too back then for the one to two shops I did do a month.
I received this scary scam!!! $5 isn’t too much of a clickbait for the gullible...
Be Safe!
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Market Stat, LLC <support@checkbook.io>
Date: Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 12:30 PM
Subject: Reminder: Market Stat, LLC has sent a Digital Check
To: <jlzinck3@gmail.com>




Market Stat, LLC sent you a check



Click here to deposit or print this check
Please do not print or take pictures of this email. The image it shows is incomplete and does not contain all the information to cash this check. Click on the blue button above to deposit this check.

If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact our account manager at mschneider@checkbook.io



Market Stat, LLC

7500 College Blvd, 5th Floor

Overland Park, KS 66210

www.marketstat.com

P: 888.515.STAT

Email: accounting@marketstat.com

This email was sent to you via Checkbook.io
Questions? Email support@checkbook.io or chat.
© Checkbook Inc., All rights reserved
One out of hundreds is fine for you who live in an area where many companies have shops.

I do not.

Market force has MOST of the shops within a 400 mile driving radius. I shop rural areas in Nebraska, Colorado, KS, OK, TX, SD, and WY. I am signed up with well over 100 companies. In all the areas I traveled to in the last 30 days, Intellishop had TWO shops, Reality Check had 8 (I did 7 of the 8), HSBrands had 3 (never heard back from the scheduler, so I didn't do any of the 3).....etc., etc., etc.

Marketforce had literally hundreds. I did 6 of the more than 40 I requested.

Of course they can pick and choose their shoppers. I don't know about "they will find someone to do them", because some of the ones I requested were still on the job board with "Make an Offer" after the deadline; they did not get shopped.

I am NOT deactivated. I am blocked -- that is, I cannot be assigned shops by schedulers. I can take them off the job board (no, thanks; I'm not driving 90 miles round trip for $8 -- that doesn't even pay for the gas!), or utilize "Make an offer" -- which doesn't work very well.

@SoCalMama wrote:

They can pick and choose their shoppers. If they have a list of people who are paid too much to be profitable, they can block every one of them. It's their choice. Their shops are incredibly simple. They can, and will, find somebody to do them. Yes, you can get blocked or deactivated for being late too often. Nobody owes anybody anything.

It's one company out of 100's.
Social media perception also has companies hiring differently. I never researched a resume past references when I owned a Day Spa. My manager however knew half the persons life before I checked out licenses! Be persistent, engage professionally with your personality and companies will have to recognize your strengths you show them. If a scheduler has a problem with you ... assumably ... then I would take a different course of action. Research other emails with your requests to find solutions! I enjoy speaking with the account managers and executives of many businesses I have recently done projects for. Everyone wants to learn how to succeed quicker with no flaws, so take a deep breath clear your head and make a list of why any company needs you and not someone else. Keep me posted once the storm clouds pass smiling smiley
@ceasesmith wrote:

One out of hundreds is fine for you who live in an area where many companies have shops.

I do not.

Market force has MOST of the shops within a 400 mile driving radius. I shop rural areas in Nebraska, Colorado, KS, OK, TX, SD, and WY. I am signed up with well over 100 companies. In all the areas I traveled to in the last 30 days, Intellishop had TWO shops, Reality Check had 8 (I did 7 of the 8), HSBrands had 3 (never heard back from the scheduler, so I didn't do any of the 3).....etc., etc., etc.

Marketforce had literally hundreds. I did 6 of the more than 40 I requested.

Of course they can pick and choose their shoppers. I don't know about "they will find someone to do them", because some of the ones I requested were still on the job board with "Make an Offer" after the deadline; they did not get shopped.

I am NOT deactivated. I am blocked -- that is, I cannot be assigned shops by schedulers. I can take them off the job board (no, thanks; I'm not driving 90 miles round trip for $8 -- that doesn't even pay for the gas!), or utilize "Make an offer" -- which doesn't work very well.

@SoCalMama wrote:

They can pick and choose their shoppers. If they have a list of people who are paid too much to be profitable, they can block every one of them. It's their choice. Their shops are incredibly simple. They can, and will, find somebody to do them. Yes, you can get blocked or deactivated for being late too often. Nobody owes anybody anything.

It's one company out of 100's.

It might be cheaper for them not to shop locations than to pay you 10X what the rest of the nationwide shops are paying?
SoCal, that's the entire point of my....discomfort. Being blocked from schedulers means I can no longer call one and ask, "What does that shop pay?"

When I make an offer on shops I have been doing for 10 years or so (on which the fees have dropped drastically), I make an offer based on what I've been paid for that shop before. But when I'm out in the middle of nowhere, and it's a shop I've never done, I don't have any guidance on what make an offer might be accepted.

I'm not asking for 10x the posted rate.

Why am I getting the feeling your posts are accusatory, as though I have done/am doing something wrong?
cease, take it in perspective: Southern California is a very, very different landscape than rural Nebraska.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
I'm wondering if this is whats happened to me.
I only have a few locations near me. When i submit offers i almost always get it. I submitted my usual offers on the 3 locations and didnt get any last week which is not the norm. Then my scheduler called me and offered one. I accepted then got an email shortly after that the shop was cancelled.

The good news is it was a healthier eating weekend!
@ceasesmith wrote:

SoCal, that's the entire point of my....discomfort. Being blocked from schedulers means I can no longer call one and ask, "What does that shop pay?"

When I make an offer on shops I have been doing for 10 years or so (on which the fees have dropped drastically), I make an offer based on what I've been paid for that shop before. But when I'm out in the middle of nowhere, and it's a shop I've never done, I don't have any guidance on what make an offer might be accepted.

I'm not asking for 10x the posted rate.

Why am I getting the feeling your posts are accusatory, as though I have done/am doing something wrong?

"Why am I getting the feeling your posts are accusatory, as though I have done/am doing something wrong?"...Because many of her posts are. She almost always sides with the MSC and against the shopper.
johnb974 asserts of SoCalMama--She almost always sides with the MSC and against the shopper.

Bob disagrees--I have never read a post by SoCal that was not business oriented and, while opinionated, was certainly objective in nature. What she does not project is being an employee, as she is, as we all are, a self-employed contractor. No shopper is entitled to anything other than to be paid for a successfully completed assignment and have the terms of their agreement upheld. When MF fired me in 2010, I accepted their decision, lost approx. 25 lbs., became no longer borderline diabetic and my BP dropped a considerably; I had completed 30 of their shops in 09/10.
@shopperbob wrote:

johnb974 asserts of SoCalMama--She almost always sides with the MSC and against the shopper.

Bob disagrees--I have never read a post by SoCal that was not business oriented and, while opinionated, was certainly objective in nature. What she does not project is being an employee, as she is, as we all are, a self-employed contractor. No shopper is entitled to anything other than to be paid for a successfully completed assignment and have the terms of their agreement upheld. When MF fired me in 2010, I accepted their decision, lost approx. 25 lbs., became no longer borderline diabetic and my BP dropped a considerably; I had completed 30 of their shops in 09/10.



I have never read a post by SoCal that was not business oriented OH PLEASE! Many times she has blamed the shopper and made the discussion personal.
@ceasesmith wrote:

SoCal, that's the entire point of my....discomfort. Being blocked from schedulers means I can no longer call one and ask, "What does that shop pay?"

When I make an offer on shops I have been doing for 10 years or so (on which the fees have dropped drastically), I make an offer based on what I've been paid for that shop before. But when I'm out in the middle of nowhere, and it's a shop I've never done, I don't have any guidance on what make an offer might be accepted.

I'm not asking for 10x the posted rate.

Why am I getting the feeling your posts are accusatory, as though I have done/am doing something wrong?
My understanding is that the purpose of your post was to determine WHY you are blocked.
I am just thinking of why. You’ve never claimed to cheat, unlike other posters.
You claim that there is a list of blocked shoppers. If everybody is on that list for requesting too much money and you were on that list, it is a logical conclusion that they don’t want to pay the people on the list that much money anymore.
You could have titled the thread, “Rant.”
I was under the impression that you were trying to work your way back into MF?
No rant. My initial post: Yep. I'm blocked. Not deactivated, just blocked.

Has anyone else here been told they are now blocked from schedulers? We could commiserate.

Doesn't qualify as a rant. I was hoping some other shoppers had been blocked and would contribute. Some have PMed me, not wanting to post publicly. Which is fine.

"Work my way back"? Well, actually, I'm trying to find out how to get UN BLOCKED.

Shoppers not in the habit of working with schedulers -- normally by phone -- do not have a clue what I'm talking about. Because of the distances involved, I NEVER take jobs off a job board -- not for ANY company. I ALWAYS write or call and see if travel/incentive is available.

Surely you would not drive a 1400 mile route (like I did last week) for a long string of $8-$20 jobs? Heck, no. No one would. There's not enough working hours in a week to make a living like that.
Good bonuses are no longer abundantly available with MF. Bonuses in the amount of $10 or lower seem to be the norm now. It is kind of sad that I am getting better bonused shops from other companies now.
I am ignorant as to being blocked, as I have never phoned a scheduler, but back in 2007 Bestmark fired me for requesting, in their exact verbiage, "too many bonuses." ath. however, placed me on their persona non grata list after I refused to accept their reason for non-payment being their scheduler erred; I demanded and finally received. my fee. I have never known why they did not simply deactivate me.
Didn't you post that you were very vocal with the Help Desk employees during the first month that payments were late? I'm wondering if this is payback. They felt annoyed and now you are blocked? Not meaning to seem as though I am being critical of your collection activities. Just offering up an idea in the ongoing discussion about why you might be blocked. I can't think of another reason and the timing fits. ???
rofl, no, I don't really deal with Help Desk. I was "vocal", but very politely, with the schedulers. And yes, I spoke with every scheduler that I normally work with about the payment snafus.

But thanks for the input.

What I was told (and other shoppers, too) is that I'm on a long list of shoppers who got blocked.

Only shoppers who regularly get bonuses are on the list.
So now they block people who will only work for a bonus? That means they only want low quality mystery shoppers. You get what you pay for.
That's kind of their business model. Their shops are incredibly easy. Low quality mystery shoppers can still usually perform them correctly. They're not Coyle.

There are reasons that a body stays in motion
At the moment only demons come to mind
bgriffin, thanks so much for the kind words. I'm really glad there's a need for us low quality mystery shoppers!
I'm shaking my head in horror. Sorry this is happening to you, Cease. Idk if you have ever considered other sources of income? I know their are legitimate companies that hire work at home'rs at every level of expertise. Cease, I will help you if you want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2019 01:21PM by Monk-N-Nut.
Clearly this MSC only wants low class reports. If that's what they want, that's what you give them.
@ceasesmith wrote:

bgriffin, thanks so much for the kind words. I'm really glad there's a need for us low quality mystery shoppers!

That wasn't what I said at all but if you wanna take it that way.....

On a skill level of 1-10 MF shops are a 1-2. They are the easiest shops. Let's say there are 1,000,000 active shoppers in the world. There may be 5,000 skill level 10. You could be a skill level 10. I have no idea. But the fact of the matter is all 1,000,000 shoppers would be at skill level 1. So they can afford to be difficult. Their shopper pool is LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE SHOPPER. They're not Coyle, whose shopper pool is the 5,000 shoppers at skill level 10.

There are reasons that a body stays in motion
At the moment only demons come to mind
No shop is "easy" if you drive 7 hours to get there.

I do not even aspire to Coyle; my lack of tech ability precludes that.

Not to mention the fact that I don't have a credit card.
Thank you.

I have PMed you.

@Monk-N-Nut wrote:

I'm shaking my head in horror. Sorry this is happening to you, Cease. Idk if you have ever considered sources of income? I know their are legitimate companies that hire work at home'rs at every level of expertise. Cease, I will help you if you want.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login