Stericycle Site Down?

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

Google searched it.
That was from April 4, 2018. Don't think it would impact the "distributor" shops. If anything, might make them look at their distributors service levels even more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2020 02:28AM by tcurione.
@janalou wrote:

Between this and the news about Maritz today, I'm gonna need to be talked down off the ledge.

What happened with Maritz?
Ipsos has acquired MaritzCX mystery shopping division.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2020 02:52AM by janalou.
deleted
Moderator Note:

Post deleted for mentioning the Client when the MSC was mentioned in the previous post. Feel free to re-post without mentioning the Client.

Has anyone who needed to fill out the reports from the email they sent last week got any response back from them concerning your submissions?
I just got in the loop this morning. Debbie said she didn't show any outstanding reports for me. I emailed her the locations I did. I have 16 to do. I managed to get 7 submitted today. I sure missed the computer. Filling out the reports by hand. I have hand writing like a serial killer.
Lol good luck I hope u get paid. After my conversation with her yesterday I'm convinced they're not coming back.
The last few jobs I did for them, the editors were sending them back for minor things that had never been a problem ever before in all my five years working for them. I knew something was up then. I'm sad to see them go.
Hello, Fellow Shoppers! What kind of assignments does Stericycle have now? I worked for the company when it had another name. Thank you! Signed, Night Owl at 2:11 AM
Anyone want to hear the odds?

40% of small businesses that suffer a disaster (including profound inability to access their business data) never reopen.
90% of small businesses that suffer a disaster will permanently close within two years of the disaster. 60% will close within six months.
58% of small businesses are unprepared for a data loss emergency. That is to say they do not have appropriate backups in place.
They have a gas station client. I dont know if they have much else now.

@annelehman wrote:

Hello, Fellow Shoppers! What kind of assignments does Stericycle have now? I worked for the company when it had another name. Thank you! Signed, Night Owl at 2:11 AM

Edited because it looks like the mods took care of the multiple ICA violations.

Kim


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2020 02:16PM by kimmiemae.
@sestrahelena wrote:

Good stats but Stericycle is not a small business.

I have actually never worked with them so I'm not that familiar. I was gauging by the way them are behaving as reported in this thread as much as anything. Walks like a duck, loses their data like a duck, etc. Admittedly that's pretty subjective.

But then, we really don't know WHAT size they are any more, do we? Whatever stature they had in October, it seems they have a fraction of that now.
Stericycle is a very large, publically traded company with a market capitalization of almost $6 billion: [finance.yahoo.com]. The main business is medical and other hazardous waste disposal. The mystery shopping piece is so small that results are de minimis for a company of that size
@JustForFun wrote:

@sestrahelena wrote:

Good stats but Stericycle is not a small business.

I have actually never worked with them so I'm not that familiar. I was gauging by the way them are behaving as reported in this thread as much as anything. Walks like a duck, loses their data like a duck, etc. Admittedly that's pretty subjective.

But then, we really don't know WHAT size they are any more, do we? Whatever stature they had in October, it seems they have a fraction of that now.

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
@myst4au wrote:

Stericycle is a very large, publically traded company with a market capitalization of almost $6 billion: [finance.yahoo.com]. The main business is medical and other hazardous waste disposal. The mystery shopping piece is so small that results are de minimis for a company of that size
@JustForFun wrote:

@sestrahelena wrote:

Good stats but Stericycle is not a small business.

I have actually never worked with them so I'm not that familiar. I was gauging by the way them are behaving as reported in this thread as much as anything. Walks like a duck, loses their data like a duck, etc. Admittedly that's pretty subjective.

But then, we really don't know WHAT size they are any more, do we? Whatever stature they had in October, it seems they have a fraction of that now.

Ahh THAT Stericycle. I guess I am familiar with them via medical waste aspect after all. It never occurred to me to link them...MS is so unlike anything else they do. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I guess their stature isn't impacted by any stretch of the imagination with or without the MS piece.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 07:47AM by JustForFun.
I believe Stericycle only got into mystery shopping because they acquired Corporate Research International. Must be they decided against MS because they never renewed their clients' contracts after they expired if i recall. There were threads about it when it was "new" news but you'd have to do a search for them now.

Kim
The email just came. They are closing up.

"We communicated with you recently regarding the inaccessibility of the mystery shop service and system. After evaluating our options to reestablish the service, we have unfortunately made the difficult decision to discontinue mystery shopping services at this time. As a result of this decision, we will no longer be posting any mystery shop visits.

We appreciate your past support of the mystery shopping service and wish you all the best"
Stericycle purchased the mystery shopping portion from CRI to obtain their client base. I'm surprised mystery shopping lasted this long...
I love doing their other projects. Never was a fan of the MS part of the business because the pay was not adequate, unless you stalked the shops until they got bonused. Not really worth the time. But, I do like the product recall and consumer retrieval projects. I have been doing those for over a decade.
And these are separate than their MS division?

@JASFLALMT wrote:

I love doing their other projects. Never was a fan of the MS part of the business because the pay was not adequate, unless you stalked the shops until they got bonused. Not really worth the time. But, I do like the product recall and consumer retrieval projects. I have been doing those for over a decade.

Kim
Absolutely. I didn't look much at their MS division. It was identical to CORI and was uninteresting.
@kimmiemae wrote:

And these are separate than their MS division?
Kimmiemae, Yes it is a separate division. Here is a link to them if you want to apply. First, you fill out contact information along with a few questions to show them you know how to figure out your expenses. Then, after you send that in, they will send you more information. This link seemed to work just a few minutes ago. Hope it takes you through to the entire process. Good luck!!
[www.stericycle.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login