Ipsos removing assigned shop sad smiley

Thankfully I doublechecked the address of the location before leaving the house but my package was all ready to go - then discovered they had removed the shop from my assigned shops! Without even a text or email explanation. Has this happened to anybody else? I could easily have found out AFTER doing the shop...

Shopping domestic and international locations since 2003.


Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2020 05:50PM by pambam.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

It has never happened to me before but, I wouldn't be at all happy if it did. I am sorry you went through that. At least they could have emailed you in advance.

Shopping Arkansas, Louisiana, & Mississippi.
I mailed a package for a shop yesterday but discovered that the shop was removed from my assignment without notification, yet the day before I received a reminder email that my shop was due on 6/24. I reached out to my scheduler (Cassie Otte) and she said my shop was overdue and refused to accept my shop. I am so disappointed in this MSC. I am trying to escalate this situation in hopes they will allow me to submit my shop so I can get reimbursed for my expense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2020 01:18PM by chintwin.
Update: Received a rejection from Carey Medina, VP of Field Operations.
She said "Your shop was due at midnight. Unfortunately, there are no extensions with this client so we cannot accept the visit."
Very disappointed in this MSC for their misleading email to me and unwillingness to accept the shop or reimburse for expenses incurred to do shop for them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2020 01:18PM by chintwin.
That is strange. I had noticed some Hazmat shops newly posted and due by the end of this week but I knew I had been to those exact locations on Regular assignments last week and there is supposed to be a specific amount of days in between them, so it was too soon. I think the jobs got posted without taking that into consideration and, maybe when they figured it out, they unassigned the erroneous ones? Not nice of them to not let shoppers know that assignments were removed, whatever the reason.

sestrahelena
I had a similar issue. I had 3 highly bonused pay app shops due 4/2. I received the typical "you have shops overdue" email. When I got home, the shops were gone. I did the shops on 4/2.

The scheduler went crickets and I escalated my concern to Carey. She couldn't explain what happened, but she reimbursed me for the money I spent on the shops.

I haven't done a shop for them since.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Last year there were some micro shipping shops with an obscure due time of, like 1AM (don't remember exactly) which was misleading. I had a bunch but lost them all because I only noticed the date due, not the time. So I scheduled them for what I thought was the last day but the last day had ended at that weird AM hour.

sestrahelena
Those mailing shops are due to be reported by no later than 8 hours after the shop. So if you did the shop on the last day and you were not supposed to visit during the last half hour it seems the latest you could get the report in would be a half hour past midnight. This is for a shop done on the last day. I know some msc have midnight listed on the last day shops. I am never sure if they mean midnight here on the west coast or the earlier midnight if their main office is on the east coast.
For shops being removed before the shop began with no notice...I never had that happen to me but I did notice that all the reg shops not yet assigned disappeared from the website all at once. There was a full page of them. We have a new scheduler here and possibly there are new schedulers all across the country. This is not an excuse but perhaps they don't have the procedures down yet post covid 19 closures of shops. Hopefully if anyone did a shop that was withdrawn without prior warning the company will make it good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2020 04:48PM by sandyf.
The scheduler told me their deadline date for the box shops was 6/23. They all disappeared on 6/24, so I guess that was the drop dead deadline.

*****************************************************************************
A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.

Zen Shin Talks
There were 4-5 shops within 25-35 miles of me that I usually wait on to be bonused, because they're sort of out of the way, and in all directions. They ALL disappeared WITHOUT being selected to be worked! Here one minute, gone the next. Maybe they are going to come back in July as their new Quarter shops. I'll just wait on them to offer bonuses if they do.
Yes, all the shops I normally do also disappeared. And I know they were not completed.

Strangely, they disappeared while I was corresponding with the scheduler; we were working up a route that would have taken a few days to complete. She never mentioned any deadline.

My first thought was they recalled all the shops because of the surge in covid-19 cases.

sad smiley
This is possible. Haven't thought about that.

@ceasesmith wrote:


My first thought was they recalled all the shops because of the surge in covid-19 cases.

sad smiley

Shopping Arkansas, Louisiana, & Mississippi.
Personally I think they are completely aware that the pool of shoppers in some areas is much smaller during the Pandemic and have scaled back the numbers of shops to be completed as they probably did not expect all of them to be done. They extended the deadline twice here and added a $3 bonus. Then they took down the shops still not done. i am pretty certain they pushed them forward to next quarter.
@sestrahelena wrote:

Last year there were some micro shipping shops with an obscure due time of, like 1AM (don't remember exactly) which was misleading. I had a bunch but lost them all because I only noticed the date due, not the time. So I scheduled them for what I thought was the last day but the last day had ended at that weird AM hour.

I had some due on Saturday at 16:00. So, 4 PM where? CA or NY? I did them as early as I could (why on earth do stores open at 11 am on Saturday?). I was afraid that they would disappear before I could report them.
So missing Amy. sad smiley I keep getting an electronic version of a shrug from the new scheduler.

I probably should have known better but took some of the 'approved shipper' shops. One would not give a lower fee than $29 for regular mail while insisting he could do UPS for $13. When I said I 'had to ask my daughter' he gave me the label he'd already printed. I was able to complete the whole report and had the dated label to prove it - but they've rejected it and won't pay me for the shop. Won't pay $29 for a $17 reimbursement. Ipsos has fallen off my 'favorite company' pedestal.

Shopping domestic and international locations since 2003.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2020 06:00PM by pambam.
@pambam wrote:

So missing Amy. sad smiley I keep getting an electronic version of a shrug from the new scheduler.

I probably should have known better but took some of the 'approved shipper' shops. One would not give a lower fee than $29 for regular mail while insisting he could do UPS for $13. When I said I 'had to ask my daughter' he gave me the label he'd already printed. I was able to complete the whole report and had the dated label to prove it - but they've rejected it and won't pay me for the shop. Won't pay $29 for a $17 reimbursement. Ipsos has fallen off my 'favorite company' pedestal.

In the past when I have done these shops i have been fully reimbursed whatever the amt was. But I have stopped doing them because it seems like it is always sky high prices and I feel I am just pushing my luck until the day comes when they will not approve the overage. I am surprised the approved shipper price was so low though as at my local place, no matter how high the client price was the approved shipper price was even higher!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2020 04:50PM by sandyf.
@kimmiemae wrote:

Wow, there's a lot of ICA/forum violations in this thread.
I know it. Nothing happens when I report something, so I am just letting it sit there.
I'm also seeing posters sign up and add spam to their sig lines. Must be a lot of people out of work equals spamming internet forums because they have a lot of time on their hands...lol

Kim
Do not fear, I went back and edited my posts. All you others can do the same.
@SoCalMama wrote:

@kimmiemae wrote:

Wow, there's a lot of ICA/forum violations in this thread.
I know it. Nothing happens when I report something, so I am just letting it sit there.
Hey, it happens. It's like using Kleenex when you mean facial tissue. smiling smiley

Kim


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2020 12:47AM by kimmiemae.
@guysmom wrote:

There were 4-5 shops within 25-35 miles of me that I usually wait on to be bonused, because they're sort of out of the way, and in all directions. They ALL disappeared WITHOUT being selected to be worked! Here one minute, gone the next. Maybe they are going to come back in July as their new Quarter shops. I'll just wait on them to offer bonuses if they do.

Since the mailing shops have been moved to inhouse scheduling, don't expect bonuses.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login